Old 06-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #46  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

oops poor editing, looks like I had an echo
Old 06-20-2007, 09:11 PM   #47  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
According to the company, the 60mg dose provides 85% of the benefit of the 120mg dose. However, it has much LESS in the way of side effects. So it looks like doubling up would result in more embarrassment than effectiveness.
Wow, that's really interesting, I wonder how they managed that? You would expect 60mg to be half as effective as 120mg.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #48  
WW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchAPrettyFace View Post
I apologize in advance, I am at work sneak-posting & don't have time to fully read the thread, but I was at my cardiologist's today & he was talking about a drug to replace phen-fen without the heart problems. It's called Rimonabant? And should be available later this year.

Will I take it? I am not sure. But I appreciated the heads up & wanted to share it w/youse guys.
I looked that up, and according to Wikipedia, the FDA decided to turn it down last week.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:59 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 225-(32 bmi)/196/174-(24bmi)

Height: 5'10"

Anyone can post anything, true or not, on Wikipedia. Some things are true, others are complete fabrication. It is a user edited encyclopedia.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #50  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

We've started a new thread in General Diet Plans for those taking alli. If you currently take it, please share your experiences and tips here -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115809
Old 06-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #51  
WW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASCS View Post
Anyone can post anything, true or not, on Wikipedia. Some things are true, others are complete fabrication. It is a user edited encyclopedia.
True. Here it is on CBS. Supposedly it is just an official delay and not a refusal. They may pass it after another review. They saw an increased rate of suicidal thoughts, and a high drop out rate.

FDA's tough. I worked for a company that developed a Staph vaccine, but the vaccine didn't last very long (only months) so they turned it down. I'd say short term vaccine is better than no vaccine when you have to have surgery! But I'm not a doctor or scientist, so my opinion doesn't count.
Closed Thread