3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   This is why I'm fat. How do I break this cycle? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/111647-why-im-fat-how-do-i-break-cycle.html)

tabitha 05-04-2007 01:27 PM

I'm just at the start of my journey too, and like you I find it very difficult to eat breakfast in the morning, either because of time or just lack of desire for it.

I still tend not to eat breakfast at home, but I've started substituting healthier choices, so instead of having a roll with sausage I have a gammon roll and a half pint of semi-skimmed milk (I'd have skimmed if you could buy it in half pints!). At this stage I've decided to regard (most) fruit as calorie-free, so I have an apple or a pear too mid-morning, then a healthy lunch like sushi, humous and rice cakes, pre-packed healthy salad or a calorie-controlled sandwich, all with fruit or carrot sticks or similar if I'm worried I won't be satisfied. I also drink peppermint tea by the bucket, and I've always drunk a lot of water. Because I've eaten to satisfy myself during the day, I'm not ravenous when I get home and so I have nice but healthy dinners like chicken or tuna stir fry, salmon and new potato and green beans, salads or baked potato with cheese or tuna and salad.

I think it's about breaking the habit: why not substitute your latte for a black coffee with cold milk, and the lemon cake for a calorie-controlled cereal bar or fruit salad or similar. If you make the healthier choices at breakfast, you might not feel the need to punish yourself at lunch time, and if you have a lunch you won't be so hungry at night.

But yes, it takes willpower, especially at the very start, I've been intending to start for a long time and it's only in the last couple of weeks that I've actually managed to make these changes and finally some weight - in fact, I just checked my ticker when I posted this and have realised I've lost over half a stone in these two weeks by making these changes!

Good luck :)

SuchAPrettyFace 05-04-2007 01:34 PM

I do the Kashi/Fiber One thing all the time for dinner when I'm working late & don't feel like cooking.

If you can't get in the habit of making an actual breakfast, I highly recommend Luna Bars. I loved the Chocolate Peppermint Stick, and the S'mores. They are easy to grab & even easier to eat while you are at a traffic light on the way to work.

Welcome & good luck!

JamiesMama 05-04-2007 03:32 PM

Wow, you all have such good ideas! Such a big help. And that baked oatmeal! I'm making it tomorrow.

cagirlygirl 05-04-2007 06:24 PM

Wow! That baked oatmeal was awesome. My boyfriend was reading the recipe over my shoulder and asked me to make some for lunch. We had it with apples and raisins. I put some low fat yogurt on top, with a few slices of banana and some toasted pecans. It made a great lunch (around 450 calories) for both of us and we'll eat the leftovers for breakfast this week.

Try it! :D and good luck with the whole breakfast thing!

cheers! :hat:
paula

SexyRevealed 05-04-2007 06:57 PM

That recipe does look delicious. I may experiment and add some protein powder to it.

Fooled 05-04-2007 11:16 PM

A lot of mornings I just have a Kashi Go Lean Bar/Roll. Even when I wasn't watching what I ate, these things kept me surprisingly satisfied for up to four hours. My favorite is the chocolate turtle roll (very tasty IMO), and they are only three WW points, and since it is just a bar it is easy to grab on your way out the door. I used to eat one when I was going from a class in one building to another, and now I keep one in my pocketbook, just in case.