3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   May NSV'S (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/111354-may-nsvs.html)

rockinrobin 05-01-2007 06:08 AM

May NSV'S

Happy May everyone!!!! April was another awesome month - Here's to hoping May brings us all even MORE NSV's. :smug:

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. It is definitely one of my favorite threads, incredibly inspiring and no, it is NOT the time to be humble!!!! So let's start filling er' up.

Katheryne 05-01-2007 06:56 AM

Technically this happened yesterday, which was still April, but what the heck.

I started a new job a few days ago, and yesterday they gave me two shirts to wear while I work. She gave me a medium! It was the first time in my life that I've had clothing provided by an employer and NOT had them immediately give me a 1x or 2x. The medium was a bit too snug (I'm big busted), so I had to take a large, but I'm still amazed that someone could even possibly think I would fit into a medium.

JasonsLea 05-01-2007 07:22 AM

Technically, this NSV is for yesterday but whatever: I FINALLY made it to water aerobics! And it rocked!

lilybelle 05-01-2007 08:16 AM

I made my whole wheat pancakes with SF syrup for breakfast. I had mixed up too much batter and made 3 pancakes. I listened to my tummy and after eating less than 2 of them, I was full and threw the rest out. Now, in past days, I'd have eaten the rest no matter how full I felt.

JasonsLea, WTG on the water aerobics. I used to love doing that.

Katheryne, WTG on the shirt. I used to hate that every single time, my work would automatically give me a 2X shirt.

JasonsLea 05-01-2007 09:04 AM

WOOOT Kat!

GO Lily! I'm trying to learn to listen to my stomach more.

phantastica 05-01-2007 10:16 AM

I have two of them:

I found two or three regular exercises that are fun and a social outlet that I can do every week, which makes it easier for me to want to do it.

I have been slow at losing weight, and I found that frustrating, but then I looked back at my weight-loss patterns. Typically, I lose on a macro level, but have small gains along the way as well. I haven't had a gain since the beginning of February!

Mrs Quadcrew 05-01-2007 10:22 AM

I didn't have a chance to do my monthly measurements last Friday, so it being the last day of the month yesterday I did them. I lost another 6" of fat off of my body for the month of April. Getting close to 40 inches of me gone!

LisaMarie71 05-01-2007 10:27 AM

Wow, great NSVs already, everyone!

Mine is probably technically a scale victory since it relates to the number, but I'm posting it anyway. I realized when I changed my ticker and updated my BMI in my signature today that I'm halfway through the "overweight" category. I'm squarely in the middle of that category now, so I'm really on my way down to a healthy weight! I LOVE that!

haeyu14 05-01-2007 01:40 PM

My NSV was from friday night, but close enough to May, right?

I went for a dress fitting for the wedding I'm standing in that will be held in June. The dress shop took my measurements and made the dress according to those (back in January). When I put the dress on Friday it was HUGE! It hung on me like a potato sack. The ladies at the shop took new measurements on me and I've lost 4-5 inches from each of the 3 main measurement points!

royalsfan1 05-01-2007 07:03 PM

I hit the clearance racks...that's how I'm supporting my weight loss wardrobe! I buy anything that's CHEAP in a size I'm fairly certain I'll be wearing along the way. Anyway, I bought LOTS of stuff for next winter in M and L. Also bought a pair of 18 cords that I was going to shrink into that FIT, a pair of 16 cords that are too small, a 16 skirt that is too small, some 18 workout pants that FIT, and some size 22 JR plus that are too tight. Isn't it STRANGE the way sizes are? Anyway, I only spent $50 and bought about 13 new items to help me along my path. I LOVE that!!!!

SexyRevealed 05-01-2007 08:55 PM

Yay Tricia! I love shopping NSV's. I hit the clearance racks too this weekend, and I was tempted to buy some sizes much smaller, but I wasn't sure what size I would get into by fall. I would hate (or LOVE) the clothes to be too big. LOL. But I did buy some size 20 pants (no elastic!) that actually buttoned. 10 more pounds and they should fit comfortably.

boaterswife 05-01-2007 09:00 PM

Good for you, Tricia and Tiffany on the shopping NSV's! I love, love, love buying something that's too tight and working my way into it; it gives me a real sense of accomplishment! Keep it up!

djs06 05-01-2007 09:28 PM

Hayeu, that's great! Was it a fitting for a wedding gown or what? Congrats!

Tricia, gotta love those clearance racks! I agree, sizing is weird.. that's so awesome you're in a 16 now!

Lisa, congratulations!! You're doing great! I think it counts as a NSV for sure.

Tiffany, isn't it great when something *almost* fits? It's all the more motivation to stay on track! Go you!

Hmm, I have a NSV finally, on the first day of may no less!

I can finally do http://www.iyiny.org/Class_Schedule/...ulderStand.jpg
and http://www.courtsiderfc.com/Images/plow.jpg, although it of course doesn't look like that when I do it.. but still, when I started taking yoga last august I *never* thought I'd be able to do anything near either of those poses!

royalsfan1 05-01-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djs06 (Post 1677314)

Tricia, gotta love those clearance racks! I agree, sizing is weird.. that's so awesome you're in a 16 now!

Oh no, I'm not a 16. I wish! The 16s were too small....and I fit one pair of 18s...but it's a big improvement over 26/28!!!!

djs06 05-01-2007 10:10 PM

Whoops, heh, I guess my brain collapsed! But that's four or five sizes you've dropped? Amazing!