Old 04-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #16  
Losin' it forever!

I am not to the point yet of loving exercise, so I've been doing my three Curves workouts each week. However, last week I added a forth day! It was really hard because my muscles felt "tired" or something on Friday (the 4th workout) and I could tell my energy was down a little bit, but I did complete it.

I also just got a yoga video that I plan to investigate this week. Anyway, I usually work out in mid-calve cotton workout pants and one of the hubby's shirts.

Do the yoga pants come in plus sizes?
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Lakegirl,
Yoga pants definitely come in plus sizes. I think Just My size carries them as well as Junonia.

Also, I will admit that I wasn't loving exercise lately but I forced myself to do it and then I realized that it is giving me more energy and that I do love it. Sometimes you have to fake loving exercise in order to do it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #18  

Hi,

I exercise at home five or six days a week for around an hour a day. I am trying to add shorter evening workouts-like a short cardio or yoga/stretch session at night.

I wear tank tops and capri exercise pants I found at Modell's. I can squeeze into the XL (does not look pretty, though) I can't stand long pants because I get too hot. I've never found a comfortable sports bra and I hate trying to peel them off when I'm sweaty! Actually, I don't even wear a bra when I exercise (since I'm home)-my chest is the only body part where I DON'T need to lose weight....oh, well.

Sherry
Walmart has the JMS capri pants. I may pick up a pair soon. Also, once in a while Ross has some capri exercise pants in plus sizes.

I'm pissed that a lot of stores don't carry plus sized exercise pants.

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #19  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Sherry, I'm with you!!
Luckily, I can wear XL pants now but before it was so hard to find a pair of plus size pants. Walmart exercise pants would fall apart on me and I'd order the danskin ones online. At home, I'm not picky about exercise clothes because no one sees me except my cat and my husband.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #20  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I can't quite decide if I love to exercise or not. I don't think I actually love doing it. But I do love when I've DONE it. I feel like I really have accomplished something. I think it's kinda cool to think that I am someone who exercises everyday. I feel it's what healthy, fit people do. And I absolutely love that it has added muscle to my body and has helped in my weightloss. I LOVE that aspect of it. I have also just accepted the fact that it is VITAL and is a must. It's no longer up for negotiation. It's just something that I do. I really feel the need to protect myself from ever becoming morbidly obese again.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

I usually run 4 days a week, and depending on weather (it changes hourly here in Chicago), I wear up to 3 layers on top, all wicking. On the bottom, sometimes I wear tights, sometimes regular running pants (and soon, shorts).

Occassionally I'll go to the health club (when the weather is too lousy to run, or on an off-running day) and do a little cross-training on the bikes or lifting weights. Usually just a cottton t-shirt on top and a pair of my running pants on the bottom.

And then I occasionally do a yoga dvd at home or lift free weights - then I wear whatever the heck I feel like wearing.

Always, always I will be wearing my Enell sports bra. I have a larger chest, and I have to say that it's the greatest sports bra I've ever owned.

I get a lot of my workout clothes at Target - they carry a line by Champion (C9, I think) that's pretty cheap, but not cotton, so it wicks properly.
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #22  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

I work out every day -usually an hour in the morning (cardio/dance) and an hour in the evening (yoga/weights/exercise ball).

I use DVDs in my livingroom and/or familyroom, so it doesn't really matter what I LOOK LIKE when I exercise. I just make sure that I am comfortable (usually yoga pants and a t-shirt), have on good athletic shoes with socks and make sure that I have stretched properly before I begin exercising.

I also eat a good breakfast when I wake up around 5AM and exercise around 7AM or so after I've digested the food a bit.

I keep water by me all the time that I exercise and drink a liter over the hour I exercise.

In the evening I exercise an hour or so after dinner. We eat dinner around 4 or 5 PM. Sometimes I wait and exercise as I watch TV.

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #23  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

I workout 5 days per week at the gym. I use the elliptical machine or treadmill for 40-60 minutes each session. This week, I am adding the weight circuit two days per week.

I have been wearing stretchy capri pants, sweat pants and a work out shirt/t-shirt.
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'3"

In general, I exercise twice a day. I do a 20-35 minute treadmill walk or exercise video in the morning before work. Then in the evening, pending my schedule, I will aim to fit in an exercise class at the gym or a 20-40 minute walk around the neighborhood. If I can, I also try to walk during my work day for about 10 minutes. My daily rule is "20 minutes every day". Once I get started, I usually end up doing more than just 20 minutes.

If I'm at home, I'll exercise in either a sports bra and shorts or cropped spandex pants. If I'm at the gym, I throw a t-shirt on top of all that. I also invest in good running/cross training shoes. There are cute workout clothes out there and one of these days, I plan to be wearing one of them at the gym. I would love to be able to workout without a t-shirt. It would be cooler!
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #25  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie76 View Post
Hi,
Walmart has the JMS capri pants. I may pick up a pair soon.
The JMS capris are what I wear and they can be hard to find....so, I buy several pairs when I see them in the stores. I also get too hot, so I started wearing my husband's moisture wicking athletic shirts....also from Wal-mart. They actually comfortably fit over my breasts and hips and give me a little of the coverage I like. One of my goals is to be able to wear really nice and pretty workout wear that is made for women in pretty colors. I havent been able to find any in my size, 3X.

Before I went off-plan, I walked for an hour on the treadmill each day. Prior to the treadmill, I started off with the Walk Away the Pounds dvd's. I can highly recommend these. I had begun swim lessons to learn the different swim strokes build stamina. I decided that I need to get a little bit more in shape before I could actually swim laps. Each time, I became extremely nauseous...I thought I was going to pass out... and went right to bed for the night! Swimming is definitely very good exercise!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #26  
Losin' it forever!

I was actually looking at the jms capris in Walmart last week and thought they looked really hot (as in heavy as in do I really want to wear these to workout in during the hot months?). Thoughts?
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote