3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I Really Want A Donut!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/108388-i-really-want-donut.html)

SexyRevealed 03-28-2007 08:41 PM

I knew I had a KK problem when I downed 4 of them in 10 minutes. They're like crack, honestly. They've all closed around here (THANK YOU LORD!).

I'm curious as to what happened too. I probably would have gone ahead and had the donut. I like the idea of taking the time to "prepare" it (putting it on a plate, etc). Maybe light some candles, make it a special event? LOL. Seriously, since it is a treat, make it as special as possible!

BTW, MetaChick, welcome to the forum!

rockinrobin 03-28-2007 10:12 PM

I'm coming late to this thread. IF I really, really wanted it and just HAD to have it, I would have had one bite of it. All you really need is one taste of it. They all taste the same after that first bite, so yeah, I would have had one bite and walked away. One bite would satisfy me and would still keep me on plan. But you have to know yourself. You have to know if you are indeed able to stop at just one bite or if that one bite will turn into the whole thing or even worse.

penor 03-29-2007 07:44 AM

Delayed replying and of course by now the donuts are stale but I would have ate one. Here's my reasoning. I plan on making my new way of eating for life. That being said I will not forgo treats for the rest of my life. I can have my egg beaters and my turkey sausage insted of pork and boneless skinless baked chicken breast instead of fried chicken all day but if once in awhile I want A donut or an icecream I think I'm fooling myself if I think I'll never eat another one ever again.

I don't want to never again eat that stuff and I've gone on plans that include cutting all the yummy stuff out completely. That's how I end up going off the plan and getting to 274 lbs. . I will eat a piece of cake on someones birthday and I will have a donut for breakfast if my DH brings them home. The difference being I'll have a small piece of cake or one donut then for lunch my veggies and chicken breast. I can't see depriving myself forever of junk. Ain't gonna happen. I just won't eat it all like before.

I would've had a donut.

Meg 03-29-2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyRevealed (Post 1630679)
I knew I had a KK problem when I downed 4 of them in 10 minutes. They're like crack, honestly. They've all closed around here (THANK YOU LORD!).

Sexy, did you know that Chris Rock calls them Kracky Kremes? :rofl:

I had a huge problem with KKs until October 2004, when I had the last one that I will ever eat in my life. The longer I go without one, the less I crave them. In fact, at this point I don't even remember what they taste like.

Food cravings are nothing but food memories so I tell myself the only way to escape the awful cravings is not to have the first bite. :)

Mrs Quadcrew 03-29-2007 09:29 AM

Quote:

Food cravings are nothing but food memories so I tell myself the only way to escape the awful cravings is not to have the first bite.
That is about how I look at it now too. I have lived my whole life eating junk - that is how I got to 270 pounds. I want the rest of my life to be healthy and proud of the way I eat - and if that means never having another donut, yeah, I can live with that. (I've done the ONE bite thing a time or two now and also found that it wasn't that great, I even spit out one of them in the trash!)

rockinrobin 03-29-2007 09:34 AM

I have to say that for me I have been very successful with the one bite rule, but I will admit this, thanks Mrs. Quadcrew, I most often wind up spitting it out. Once it's in my mouth I realize that I don't really need it or want it. That I much prefer when the end of my day rolls around to look back and think that I've done without unhealthy stuff. Now I know some people say this is forever and I have to live and enjoy myself. But this IS how I live and enjoy myself - by doing without.

SexyRevealed 03-29-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meg (Post 1631047)
Sexy, did you know that Chris Rock calls them Kracky Kremes? :rofl:

That's too funny. And sad, because it's true!

Mrs Quadcrew 03-29-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Now I know some people say this is forever and I have to live and enjoy myself. But this IS how I live and enjoy myself - by doing without.
BINGO!! That is how I feel too!! It is that CONTROL....I am in control for the first time in my life! And it makes me feel POWERFUL! (I wish I could bottle and sell this feeling!);)

rockinrobin 03-29-2007 02:47 PM

Mrs. Quadcrew, is it not the most amazing feeling in the world? It is a complete one-eighty for me that I never in my whole entire life would have imagined. And it didn't even take that long for the switch to occur. Simply mind-boggling.