Are You Committed? Mar 26 - Apr 1

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning, 3FC Friends! Are you ready to be committed with me? I have really missed y'all! Reading your threads and posting is the highlight of my workday.

Today is my first day back to work after a week of "vacation." I now need a real vacation to recover! Hubby and I spent the week painting, tiling, planting, etc etc etc. As some of you may know from previous posts, we have decided to sell our home here in Florida and relocate to Georgia. The plan is to make the move during the summer school break to possibly make the transition easier on the girls. We did get quite a bit accomplished, but there is so much more to be done. I am very excited, but also very stressed! As I am an emotional eater, you can probably imagine what the stress is doing to my willpower. It did not take long for me to discover that 2 months of staying on plan and exercising has not yet created a new lifestyle for me. Everything I thought I had learned seemed to fall by the wayside as I quickly slipped into my old eating habits. Fortunately, my slow weight loss seems to have been beneficial for me as I've only gained back 3 pounds in the last two weeks. Considering the foods I was eating and the lack of fat burning exercise, I could have easily gained quite a bit more. Our kitchen is now operational again and there is no longer any reason to not eat on-plan.

My committment for today - I will eat no off-plan foods.
  • Great job, Rhonda! Yes, I'm comitted today I think more than ever before, as I am seeing progress (a little slow but that's okay!). When I changed my avatar this morning to the 20-lb lost chick, that really gave me motivation to keep on keeping on! This is doable - one pound at a time!
  • Congrats ritzy that is great.

Rhonda-- Thanks for starting this back up again, I really missed it also.

My goal today is to get back online, both with 3fc and fitday.
  • Am I committed? Good question. I just started last Thursday and most of the time I don't think I have the ability to do this! I'll try to convince myself:

I am committed to following the rules of my diet plan.
    I am committed to eating more vegetables.
    I am committed to cooking more.
    I am committed to recording everything I eat.
    I am committed to becoming more active.

I am committed.
  • Am I committed? YOU BETCHA! I've never wanted anything so bad in my life! I can't wait for each Friday to get here so I can jump on that scale!

Rhonda - glad you're back!! I missed seeing your smiling avitar everyday! hang in there, and you'll have a great new body to go with your brand new life up there in Georgia!!
  • Welcome back Rhonda! I'm so glad you are back on track!!!

Well I need this thread in the worst way. Not so great of a weekend eating wise, although I did exercise both days. So I'm committing to getting my eating together this week AND for the weekend.
  • Welcome back, Rhonda! You were missed!!!

I'm committed!!! I have a new, beautiful swimsuit hanging in my closet and I won't be able to wear it unless I commit each and every day. It's a size XL and I want to look nice in it in time for my birthday...4 months away. I'm committed!!!!
  • Welcome back Rhonda! You have been missed!

I have been "ghosting" for a while.... just trying to get caught up with everything after being sick. Honestly - I love this thread.... it is great to read everyone's affirmations to the cause and see how they have been doing.

Went to my weigh-in on Saturday, no pounds were lost, but I did lose body fat since last month. I did not wear my workout clothes - I was wearing jeans and shirt and my "heavy" tennis shoes... the lady told me I would have showed a weight loss if I would have showed up in my regular workout attire... Which I can deal with that, I have been going to the exercise room at work during my breaks and using the Nautalis machines, I don't get too sweaty.

Anyway - my commitment for Tuesday is to, drink my water, make it to Curves and make certain I take my breaks in the exercise room. If everyone else can go out for a smoke, I can go lift weights... right?

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
  • Today I'm committing to staying off my butt for long periods of time!
  • Good morning 3FC friends!

Yesterday was a washout for me and my plan. I forgot to tell my hubby that I was back on plan. He came home from the grocery store with treats and something quick for dinner (he does all of the cooking) and I caved in.
    So, today I'm starting over yet again.

My committment for today - No off-plan foods!
  • Yep - I am COMMITTED!! I have 8 weeks to go until our big ATV spring ride - and I want to be down 50 pounds by then, that is only 21 more pounds, I KNOW I can do it!!
  • Glad to see you again Rhonda!
    I'm committed to getting on plan and not making it such a chore. I want it to become just a way of life... just something that I do all the time.
  • I am new here. I am comitted to eating healthier foods by choice (not because "I have to.") I am commited to doing one chapter in my workbook today.
  • Today has been good for me so far. I've really been slacking on the water, so that is on pace. And I absolutely must exercise when I get home. It is so beautiful outside today that I may just go for a walk. But on the other hand, my new Turbo Jam DVD's came, so I'm anxious to try one. We'll see, as long as I do something!
  • I did great with food, water and exercise today - but other than that - the rest of my day was HORRID!!!

I just can't put it into words, even working out did not settle my irritation level. I did not give in to what I really wanted to do - so I did good on that point.... but it was just one of those days that kind of sucked the life out of me.

Okay - My commitment for Wednesday - stay on plan - focus on the goal!