I want to tell yall the truth.

• I don't think I've ever actually made myself at home here... well I mean I felt at home here, but I just haven't been around much. I have been around even less the past few weeks because I've been out binging all the time. I kind of feel like yall will think I'm one of those people who are starting a diet every Monday only to be off of it by Tuesday or never even starting one.

Tomorrow I'm going to an OA meeting (i posted about it in the OA section) and hopefully I'm going to kick this in the bud. I had been doing well and I had lost some weight with you guys (even if I only posted on the one reason thread, or whats for dinner etc) I really thought being here was helping a lot.

Something out of my control happend and I've been eating to make up for it...

Sorry to be such a rambler. I just wanted to get these feelings out. I've been on the verge of breakdown these past 2 weeks. Just running on empty ...

• Post here about anything as often as you need to. Anyone with desire to lose can be here.
    This is hard - really really hard.
  • I sincerely recommend NO DIETING. Dieting is the surest way to get fatter, because you feel deprived and then binge. Make a vow to live a healthier lifestyle, and you, and I, will have more success. Yeah, I blew it a bit tonight. My daughter had her birthday party tonight, and there was cake and chips, which I noshed on a bit. But tomorrow, it's back to healthy eating for me. I don't want to slide back to my old way of doing things, thinking, oh well, I blew it. Might as well not even try. I'm just not going there again. One bad evening can stop now, and not continue on for days. And that's what you can do, too. So what if you have to start over and over again? The point is that you are trying and you want to do it. You will!!!! Keep on posting...
  • Hi,

I just wanted to wish you luck with OA, it's a great organization. I was a member for about 4 years, just wasn't for me, but I learned a lot. Years later, i'm following the food plan that a number of people were following in program, but I I wasn't ready for it at that point. It truely has become a God send for me. They will teach you that it is NOT a diet and you have to look at this as a lifestyle change, the same realization so many have had on here.
  • I hate this madness
    I just finished week 1 with this new mind set. Which is, I have to change my lifestyle. I did loose 3lbs, but I can't imagine living like this every day.

All I thought about for the last week was:
    1. I must make it to the Gym
    2. I have to write this food in my journal
    3. What food will I eat next
    4. I must not BINGE

This is crazy, it does not seem natural. But I am so determined. I just don't think that I did this last week right: My trainer said that I must eat more. But, more of what. I am so affraid that I can not stick to this long enough to loose any real weight.
  • Oh yeah, I forgot to mention trying to remember to take all the pills and supplements that I am on.
  • Templebody, you come here as often or as infrequently as YOU want to. What ever you think would benefit you most. As for OA, good luck to you. I hope you get the results you are after.

Carols2, when making a lifestyle change there are going to be some "inconvieninces". But they are so worth it. I found it much, much more "inconvienient" to be so terribly overweight and to keep putting myself at risk for deadly diseases. It is a choice that we have to make. It says that you just finished week 1, I can tell you this, it gets much, much easier as you go along. You will be come much more accostomed to your new way of life and it won't seem as much as a hassle. You will eventually come to love and enjoy and be thankful for your new lifestyle. The rewards are spectacular. As far as vitamins and supplements, I'm not sure what or why you are taking them. But do know that many, many people change they're lifestyle without taking them. Perhaps just 1 multivitamin a day.
  • Hugs Templebody.....
    I am sorry you are going through such I hard time! We all have times when when we "need" more than we have to "give." What I mean is
    if you just need to post on a couple of threads or hang out more on the OA board than do that for you right now. When you feel ready you can join in more threads and give more support. So come here when you can and know that there will always be hugs and support. Take care.
    Kathy
  • TempleBody: I understand your feelings. I just wanted to post to you to encourage you to keep going. One thing I was struggling with when I would post is that I didn't feel like I had anything to add because I haven't been successful with my own journey... yet! But in reading what others have posted and getting replies to what I have posted, I've discovered how similar we all are here. What seems like a silly thought is echoed throughout the forum. I had to laugh at one of the other threads regarding a weight on a drivers license. How many of us here could relate to how far off we are from our own driver's license weight?? It's just one of those things that we've all done and never wanted to admit.
    Similarly, the threads that start with despair or frustration usually end up with the original writer of the post replying that she knew she could share her thoughts here and there would be help getting her back on track. What more can we ask for in a forum?? 3FC is a place to vent those frustrations, share the little and big victories, and gain encouragement from those who have been sooooooo successful (thank you, rockinrobin!). It is much harder to share feelings in person with someone who can't relate.

Rambling on.... Hang in there and write often. We all can relate, we all understand, and many can help you through whatever it is that hangs you up!
  • Thank you guys so much. I appreciate it. I'm feeling much better. Last night I had a really good cry. This morning I still felt a bit yuck but I ate a healthy breakfast, did some yoga (it was my first time and it was sooo awesome), had fresh pineapple for a snack, and made a healthy lunch (cabbage, broc/red pepper kebobs, ww flaxseed flatbread). The good thing in life is we can always try again. Thanks guys.
  • Hey don't worry about it.......we love you no matter what and we are here .........I'm Lori and want to say hi......

post here as often as you desire.........and just keep on keeping coming here.......
  • Hi Templebody! I have honestly found that posting here helps to hold me accountable and also makes me feel not so alone in this fight to live a healthier lifestyle. Of course, that's just me and not everyone may be wired that way. I have been here twice in the past and as soon as I started slipping on my weight loss plan, I also vanished from 3FC. The only thing that accomplished for me was that with no one to be accountable to or with, I just continued not staying on plan.

Wishing you all the best this time around!
  • I am not here all the time.... come by for advice or just a hug
  • Hiya Templebody. I'm so glad that you're doing better today. That's the way to do it, just keep putting one foot in front of the other...