Meals 3/23

• Breakfast
    2 pkg grits with wheat germ and 1/2 apple, water and coffee
  • Breakfast - low fat youghurt with extra bran all bran stirred in and a petit filous

Lunch - whole wheat roll with gouda and tomato and fruit salad

Dinner - chicken stir fry with lots of veggies and a teeny weeny bit of sweet and sour sauce

BTW - what is a grit??? I don't think we have them in Belgium (or England for that matter)
  • B: 1c yogurt, 1 banana, 1/3c cereal, 1T wheat germ, 1T flaxseed, 1T walnuts, coffee w/milk
    L: 2c mixed raw vegetables, 1pc bread, 1 chicken sausage, 5 kumquats
    S: 20 oz soy latte
    D: shrimp stir-fry (restaurant style, not the healthy kind), rice, a spring roll, a beer
    S: 1 glass of red wine
  • B - Slimfast CappucinoDelight.
    S - apple (still not very hungry)
    L - 1/2 c ff cottage cheese, 4 cherry tomaoes, broccoli and cauliflower w/ light italian dressing
    S - yoplait light ff blackberry yogurt w/ 1/2 c fiber one cereal
    D - Small piece of roast beef, 1/3 of a roasted potato, 2 roasted carrots, salad, and a Healthy Choice fudge bar.

Finished eating for today. Total calories = 1210, F = 25g, Fiber = 37g, Protein = 63g
  • B - LA Vanilla Shake (soy protein shake) w/ 1/2c crushed pineapple, 1pkt Splenda, 4oz water and 4 ice cubes

S - Apple
    1oz rf string cheese

L - 2 veggie burgers open-faced on 4" ww pita w/1T BBQ sauce
    3c lettuce w/Salad Spritzer
    6 baby carrots

S - Apple
    1oz rf string cheese

D - Broiled Scallops w/1T lemon juice and 1T light butter
    1c roasted asparagus
    1c mushrooms
    1/3c yellow rice

S - LA Lite (Soy protein bar)
  • Grits are a corn product. Im not sure how they make them but they are very popular here (USA). You add hot water or can cook them on the stove and can add almost anything to them (cheese, bacon, ham, eggs) They are very low calorie and low fat.

S-1/2 apple
    L-2 oz chicken on WW pita sprite 0
    S-Strawberries
    D-Salad and chicken
  • Lillibeth - Grits are a US version of the Italian polenta.
  • My food...
    Breakfast--1 cup steel oats, 5 strawberries, 6 walnut halves, 3/4 c skim plus, 2 cups coffee

Lunch--1 slice sprout bread, 1 wedge Laughing Cow lite, 1 veggie burger, baby green salad with olive oil spray and vinegar.

snack--1 cup LF plain yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries, 10 raw almonds

Dinner--1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1 T grated Jarlsberg lite, 1 and 1/2 cups broccoli and cauliflower, 1 small apple cooked until soft with cinn and 1/5 c fiber one cereal

snack--1 cup diet hot cocoa

Also 3.5l H2O, 4cups plain tea, 2 T psyllium in 20oz H2O
  • Grits are made by drying hominy and then grinding it very fine. Hominy is made by drieing corn, putting it in an acid bath to remove the yellow husk, then cleaning it and rehydrating it. Hominy has the shape of corn but is white.
  • We definately don't have those here, but I know what Polenta is so I can imagine what they must be like. I'm going to be in the States for a couple of months soon so I will definately try them out. Along with Egg Beaters and 100 calorie packs of popcorn which I've also read about on this site!