3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Food of the week: bread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/107690-food-week-bread.html)

kiwichic 03-21-2007 03:28 AM

I love the crusty breads yum, filled with salad it's really hard work to finish one as you really have to chew :)
But I stay away from bread as it's a trigger food for me and actually makes me feel hungry again after a short time. I would munch on it all day.
I used to love fresh white bread with jam and plain biscuits .
so I stay away from it as much as I can.

SexyRevealed 03-21-2007 10:09 AM

My family doesn't like wheat bread, so we've been doing good with the Wonder Whole Wheat White bread. I guess it's a hybrid? LOL. But I don't eat it too often - maybe 1-2 servings a week if that. I also buy the 100% whole wheat English Muffins to make pizzas and breakfast sandwiches.

My downfall in the bread category are dinner rolls, so I stay far away from them as possible.

lizziness 03-21-2007 10:54 AM

It's not as healthy for you as a good whole wheat bread, but it is a good compromise for us.. Milton's Whole Grain Bread is what we usually buy.
Honestly, if it is whole wheat and on sale,we'll get whatever the sale item is too, but then it takes forever to eat it because nobody wants it.

hehe. the other day the milk & honey bread was on sale, and we bought a loaf and it didn't last more than 5 days.. which for us is a big deal. Sadly, I think most of it went to me... and that's why we don't buy it.*LOL*

love whole wheat english muffins too. And sometimes for variety I'll get sour dough because it's pretty low fat. i usually put almond or peanut butter on them.

Casey4 03-21-2007 11:02 AM

I eat the Ezekial 4:9 sprout bread....

1 slice toasted every day for lunch. I put 1 wedge Laughing Cow lite cheese with 2oz turkey, a veggie burger or even leftover salmon. Combine that with a salad or veggie and I am good to go.

Kathy

cantforgetthis 03-21-2007 11:39 AM

I don't ban "bread" per se, only those that have flour, sugar or anything artificial.

Another here for Ezekiel 4:9...only sprouted whole grains, no flour, no sugar, one with no salt, nothing artifical. They have cereal, tortillas, english muffins, and buns (although I think those might have whole grain flour). I use that for sandwiches or toast with hummus or raw, unsalted almond butter. I also use that for making my own bread crumbs or croutons. I also like Manna, it's so moist it's more like a dense cake, like what my mother used to make as banana nut bread. It's definately not for sandwiches, but it's unlevened and again only whole sprouted grains and water. The fruit and nut variety is yummy, only organic sprouted wheat kernals, oats, raisins, dates, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts and cinnamon.

Mrs Quadcrew 03-21-2007 02:05 PM

I also use the Ezekial products when I have bread. I even make bread crumbs out of this now when I make meatloaf!

kiwichic 03-21-2007 05:55 PM

being a single mum, I get to make the choices :)
and no white bread in this house. I buy weaten and grain bread for the boys, I started off by making their sandwiches with one slice of white and one of the other and then just replaced the white completey. They moaned at first , but I just didn't listen. So that's one for me, buy they have won their fights to :) . So it's a work in progress to change their diets.

busysinglemom 03-21-2007 06:51 PM

HA!! Power to the single mom!! When my ex left things like soda, chips, snack cakes, candy and white bread went with him. You know my son eats whatever is available and now he eats tons more fruit and veggies and when he does ask for something sweet I get a reminder that "it's really not good for me, but I don't eat it that often, right mom?". It's the cutest thing ever. Amazing how when we take better care of ourselves we become better parents to our children.

Oh, and bread....that's what we were talking about, right? I love bread! I think someone mentioned they like it in a chocolate ice cream kind of way. That's me. Why have dessert when you can have the rest of the basket of dinner rolls? Yikes. I'm trying to find my happy medium with bread. I have lots of new kinds to try thanks to everyone here!! There has to be one that won't turn into a binge trigger.

royalsfan1 03-21-2007 07:37 PM

Go single moms! I was a single mom a few years ago and I recognize the determination! Keep it up, girls!

My kids are the same way about the eating we do around here. At church a few weeks ago my son was so funny. He was eating a PB&J sandwich that someone had fixed for a soup and sandwich meal. It was, of course, on white bread. He just looked at it longingly, sighed, and said "It's been sooooo long since I've had fluffy white bread!" And on more than one occasion he has sat down to dinner and said "Why do we always have to eat so HEALTHY?!" He quit that in short order, though, since I keep a bag of brussels sprouts in the freezer to heat up for anyone who makes disparaging comments about the meals I place in front of them. I tell them, you don't have to like it...but you DO have to keep rude comments to yourself. When they don't....out come the sprouts!

sharonrr 03-21-2007 07:51 PM

Bread, I eat it rarely so I keep it frozen. When I do have a slice it is Natures Oven Whole Wheat Bread.
I eat whole wheat tortillas instead of bread. I need to stay away from Peanut butter I just bought a jar and it is almost gone. My son is home from college but I don't think he had any.:dizzy: