who bugs you the most about your weight?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • who is the person(s) in your life who bugs you about the fact that you need to lose "some weight"? it your husband, boyfriend, family, ect..?
  • My mom and it used to be my grandma as well. My husband tells me I don't need to lose weight.
  • No one but my doctor... and it sometimes pisses me off because she could lose a few herself. LOL.
  • a horrible aunt who used to tell me this everytime she saw me from like age 8...my mum would never believed me when i told her what she would say. horrible witch lol sorry....my boyfriend says i dont need to lose any.
  • nobody but me!
  • My grandma used to. She would be proud of me for losing weight if she were still alive. After she passed on, no one really bugged me about it.
  • My parents were horrible at it. Since I've been working out they haven't said anything. I think particularly since I am doing something about it and they also have weight to lose.
  • I feel very fortunate that I don't have anyone in my life who *bugs* me about it - other than myself, that is (I'm getting better, though!) . I know there are people who have been concerned for me, from a health standpoint, but it's never come across in a negative way....I'm grateful for that!
  • Both my allergist and dr says time to get it off LOL geeze gimme some time

Hubby loves me just the way I am or will be ...not sure if thats good or bad really
  • My Granny is rough! I think she lost her manners at age 85 or so. Every time I see her she mentions my weight. At least now she can see I am doing something about it and has cut the rude comments down for a more pleasing "You look a little better now, keep it up"
  • Mostly Myself!!!

There are a few others that have made comments throughout my life! Too many to list!
  • No one has ever really bugged me about needing to lose weight, ever; which is surprising since I have been fat my whole life.
    What bugs me is that there are people that my family has told about my efforts (which I am a very private person and wish that I could disclose my personal information as I feel comfortable). I have one aunt, who at family get togethers looks me up and down to see if I've made progress.
    Last week she said I looked smaller, and I said "no, I look the same" which was the truth - I hadn't gained or lost since she had seen me.... I was just irritated that she needed to make a scene out of it.
    I just wish people wouldn't comment at all.
  • Me. No one says a thing. I almost wish they would. Someone has to be bugged about it... especially my husband!
  • i bug myself enough
  • My mom has always been the one to comment about my weight. DH, bless his heart, has never said a derogatory word about it, even when I was DOUBLE the size I was when we got married.

Mom's blatant comments have subsided, but her new compliments are a double edged sword....I just wish she wouldn't say anything at all. A compliment that stings doesn't do anything for you....