3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   who bugs you the most about your weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/106991-who-bugs-you-most-about-your-weight.html)

babeedee 03-12-2007 04:31 PM

who bugs you the most about your weight?

who is the person(s) in your life who bugs you about the fact that you need to lose "some weight"? it your husband, boyfriend, family, ect..?

nelie 03-12-2007 04:56 PM

My mom and it used to be my grandma as well. My husband tells me I don't need to lose weight.

SexyRevealed 03-12-2007 05:12 PM

No one but my doctor... and it sometimes pisses me off because she could lose a few herself. LOL.

supergir111 03-12-2007 05:13 PM

a horrible aunt who used to tell me this everytime she saw me from like age 8...my mum would never believed me when i told her what she would say. horrible witch lol sorry....my boyfriend says i dont need to lose any.

canadian mom 03-12-2007 05:20 PM

nobody but me!

jtammy 03-12-2007 05:47 PM

My grandma used to. She would be proud of me for losing weight if she were still alive. After she passed on, no one really bugged me about it.

Obsidianbbw 03-12-2007 05:53 PM

My parents were horrible at it. Since I've been working out they haven't said anything. I think particularly since I am doing something about it and they also have weight to lose.

sugarlove 03-12-2007 06:41 PM

I feel very fortunate that I don't have anyone in my life who *bugs* me about it - other than myself, that is (I'm getting better, though!) ;) . I know there are people who have been concerned for me, from a health standpoint, but it's never come across in a negative way....I'm grateful for that!

Liverpool Sue 03-12-2007 06:57 PM

Both my allergist and dr says time to get it off LOL geeze gimme some time:tantrum:

Hubby loves me just the way I am or will be ...not sure if thats good or bad really :dizzy:

Chunky Teacher 03-12-2007 06:59 PM

My Granny is rough! I think she lost her manners at age 85 or so. Every time I see her she mentions my weight. At least now she can see I am doing something about it and has cut the rude comments down for a more pleasing "You look a little better now, keep it up"

cldavis04 03-12-2007 07:02 PM

Mostly Myself!!!

There are a few others that have made comments throughout my life! Too many to list!

buckettgirl 03-12-2007 07:24 PM

No one has ever really bugged me about needing to lose weight, ever; which is surprising since I have been fat my whole life.
What bugs me is that there are people that my family has told about my efforts (which I am a very private person and wish that I could disclose my personal information as I feel comfortable). I have one aunt, who at family get togethers looks me up and down to see if I've made progress.
Last week she said I looked smaller, and I said "no, I look the same" which was the truth - I hadn't gained or lost since she had seen me.... I was just irritated that she needed to make a scene out of it.
I just wish people wouldn't comment at all.

LivingWater 03-12-2007 07:45 PM

Me. No one says a thing. I almost wish they would. Someone has to be bugged about it... especially my husband! :)

KateRN 03-12-2007 07:52 PM

i bug myself enough

boaterswife 03-12-2007 10:48 PM

My mom has always been the one to comment about my weight. DH, bless his heart, has never said a derogatory word about it, even when I was DOUBLE the size I was when we got married.

Mom's blatant comments have subsided, but her new compliments are a double edged sword....I just wish she wouldn't say anything at all. A compliment that stings doesn't do anything for you....