Old 03-17-2007, 08:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

Default Now I am frustrated!

I am sooooo surprised by how irritated I am right now. I starting running in Jan 07 on the treadmil. Love it! But about 2 weeks ago I got a "twinge" in my foot and as I kept running it turned into a hurt! I kept on running on it though and some days it hurt and some days it didn't. Well now I relise that I must have been compenating some how, because now my knee is killing me!! I have been kinda jogging through it any way for about a week. Well, that backfired today! My knee hurt a lot! I had to stop running 1/2 way through and I am furrious! It took ice, motrin and about 2 hrs to get it so I could walk around. It still hurts though. This is how I burn calories, get in shape, get time to myself, feel good about myself!!! What now!?! Should I have waited till I wasn't so big? Am I too big to jog? I am only jogging 2.75 mi @ 4 mph. It's not like I am going fast or far. Should I now wait and see a doctor? This is frustrating! I can't believe that, I WANT TO GO RUN!!! Jelly
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

How old are your running shoes? Sometimes shoes can be the problem.

I'd see a doctor--a sports doctor if possible. Don't try to run until you find out what the problem is. You may have to switch to a different exercise for awhile, but it's impossible to know until you know what's wrong.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Jay is correct about the running shoes. I started having problems a month or so ago, lots of muscle cramps in my legs, and then I purchased new running shoes and I haven't had a problem since. I purchased a pair Asics with gel and I love them. It feels like I'm floating. They are pricey but you can find them and DSW Shoe Wearhouse at a discount.

As for you question of if you are too big to start running. I'm going to say no based off of personal experience becasue I'm the same hight and weight more. Did you start building up to where you are at now or did you just pick up this speed and time cold. You might not have enought strenght to be doing as much as you are. (I find 4mph to be fast.) I am doing C25K which builds you up to that after like 8 weeks so that you build up the endurance and strenght to run.

I would also go see a doctor. You might have pulled or fractured something. It's better safe then sorry.

Good luck and feel better!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote