3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Legs getting longer? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/106680-legs-getting-longer.html)

Angihas2 03-08-2007 09:20 PM

Legs getting longer?

I thought I read a post about this, but maybe it was in response to someone else, I don't know. Anyway, I'm tall but the weightloss makes me look taller<or so people tell me, I assume it has something to do with less weight pulling on my spine, therefore I stand straighter? Or that the eye is drawn more up towards my height instead of around my girth?> So, people are saying I look like I'm growing, as long as it's UP and not AROUND, I can dig it. But, suddenly, my already long legs seem longer? Have I missed something about a 30's growth spurt? We were laying in bed yammering today, and I had my foot flat on the bed, heel pulled up by my butt and happened to look over at my leg, and was like WHOA!! I think my leg grew! Matt of course, says's I'm an idiot as he told me this weeks ago, that they just look so much leaner it gives more illusion of length.

Anyone else noticing this? Am I out in left field? Sometimes, I think I notice things that aren't there, especially if I'm wanting to feel better about the whole weight loss thing? So, anyone?

LisaMarie71 03-08-2007 10:36 PM

I've thought the same thing about myself! At first I felt like I was getting shorter because all my pants kept getting longer, but that's because I didn't have as much stomach and butt and thighs filling them out! Now people keep talking about my legs looking thin and long. My legs have always been the place where I lose weight first (I think I'll have this big stomach forever, though).

Maybe it's an illusion, but who knows? I guess our bodies are just looking BETTER in general. :)

LindseyLouWho 03-09-2007 12:53 AM

There are lots of reasons why your legs could be "getting longer". Firstly, I agree that leaner legs look longer... part of the reason mine look so stubby right now is because of my thunder thighs. Also, if your tummy was covering part of your lap to begin with (like mine does), that could contribute to that added length. With me, since I've been losing weight, I've "gained" an inch in my height, which must purely be from better posture since I'm carrying around less weight and feel generally more proud about myself.

In any case, I wouldn't question it too much. Just enjoy the feeling! :)

KateRN 03-09-2007 04:38 AM

bingo! funny that this post is here, i was thinking the same thing the other day!

- i would have impossibly long legs if my thigh fat didnt make them touch until halfway down!!

GirlyGirlSebas 03-09-2007 09:14 AM

I think my legs look longer because my butt moved back up where it belongs! (Thank you, Mr.Treadmill!)