Old 03-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #16  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I do tend to be boring and repetitive, don't I Angihas?

LOL! Not at all. I kept meaning to buy it after reading how much you liked it a few times. I'm glad you kept mentioning it or I would have forgotten. Anyone who has lost 100 lbs has my vote as someone to perhaps listen to.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Thanks Angihas, that's sweet of you to say. The truth of the matter is when I DO find something that I think has helped me, I just want to share it with the world. I am so thankful for finding things that are beneficial to my weightloss and health I just want to pass it on. Even if I AM boring and repetitive.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #18  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
I hate that FiberOne is made with aspartame, because I can't have it, and there is NO alternative that is that high in fiber and as low in cals. Makes me sad :-(

Produce boxes via CSAs are my shameless plug. You get to support local agriculture, eat fresh organic produce for less than what you'd pay in a supermarket for the same products, and receive the foods within a day or two of being picked. Also, you get to try fun things you've never tried before because they come in your box and you have to use them up! Check www.localharvest.org to see if there is a CSA in your area.
Maybe I'm blonde.. but what is CSA? I went to the web site. I LOVE to support local farmers. (infact we are going to do our own garden this summer for the same reason)

but how does it work? you get different stuff all the time? you have to pick it up at the farm? how is it different from going to the farmers market?

Thanks!

btw.. I found some local CSA local here... in Green Bay!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:32 PM   #19  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Is it the same as the 100 mile diet? On that, you basically only buy fruits/veggies/dairy etc etc from people who work it within 100 miles of you. I love it!!! I loved it in California too, although they had a much longer and productive growing season. It's harder to do here, especially since my kids go through avacados and grapes like other kids go through ho-ho's and soda. Thank stars my kids love fruits and veggies!!

OK, so I tried laughing cow light tonight. You ladies so rock!!! I spread a wedge on 5 wheatsworth crackers. That cheese is so rich and filling and hits those tastebuds for that creamy, dairyish kick. Normally, tv time after dinner, cleaning, baths, kids in bed is ice cream so it's really been a struggle to not have it, even the lighter versions cause me triggers. The cheese, mmmmmmmmmmmmm hit that spot and I feel very satisfied!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #20  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

there are lots of flavours to the laughing cow, including a "light" for only 35 calories.

I will put in on a bagel, on my veggie burger bun (in place of cheese and or mayo)

I would love to hear any recipes that include laughing cow. I wonder if I could make chicken cordon bleu?
hmmmmm
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:04 PM   #21  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Superfoods RX is really one of the best books I've read recently. I have the superfoods and side kicks list on my refrigerator.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #22  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbar View Post
Maybe I'm blonde.. but what is CSA? I went to the web site. I LOVE to support local farmers. (infact we are going to do our own garden this summer for the same reason)

but how does it work? you get different stuff all the time? you have to pick it up at the farm? how is it different from going to the farmers market?

Thanks!

btw.. I found some local CSA local here... in Green Bay!
Charbar,

I've looked into a CSA before but I haven't done it yet, shame on me! Basically, you are buying a share of a local farmers crops in advance. From what I have seen, every week you go pick up your share. The fruits and veggies vary but when you buy a share, they generally tell you what you will expect in advance. They run from spring to fall and the variety changes as the season changes. Pick up locations can vary from a farmer's market to the farm itself, depending on what the CSA offers. Also, CSAs sell out quickly so it is possible that you might have to wait until next year if all the local ones to you have sold out for this year.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote