3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   motivational songs/workout music? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/106420-motivational-songs-workout-music.html)

kaepepper 03-05-2007 07:52 PM

motivational songs/workout music?

I'd love to hear people's ideas for music to motivate and workout to! I like "Stayin' Alive" - !! :)

Shrinking Daisy 03-05-2007 10:11 PM

I like AC/DC to keep me going when I want to quit. It also helps me keep my pace up as it makes me want to go faster.

Lifeguard 03-05-2007 10:18 PM

My favourites are:

- I love myself today (Bif Naked)
- Eye of the Tiger
- Stacey's Mom

Generally high tempo music & often stuff I wouldn't normally listen to (alternative & such).

Glory87 03-05-2007 10:47 PM

I posted this a few days ago in another forum!

I like FAST songs that really keep me moving. Here is my current playlist (definitely a child of the 80s):

Pink - Get the Party Started
Grease - Better Shape Up (I always sing "I better shape up!")
Vickie Sue Robinson - Turn the Beat Around
Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For A Hero (I am the hero!!)
Escape Club - Wild Wild West
Michael Sembello - Maniac (I'm a maniac, maniac...on the ellipti-cal)
Pretty Poison - Catch Me I'm Falling
Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls Need Love Too
Culture Club - I'll Tumble For Ya
Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (I just think of her gorgeous abs the entire song)
Tom Jones - Sex Bomb (Peppermint Jam remix, very fast!)
Bony M - Rasputin (relatively obscure 70s disco band, my parents had the 8 Track when I was a kid, so there is huge nostalgia factor. Definitely a good, fast workout song)
W-O-R-K - Bow Wow Wow in the USA
Miquel Brown - So Many Men
Irene Cara - Fame
Expose - Point of No Return
Tag Team - Whoop, There It Is!
Jamiroquai - Canned Heat
Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
Paul Lekakis - Boom Boom Boom Let's Go Back to My Room
Christina Aguillera - Figher Remix
J. J. Fad - Super Sonic (the S is for SUPER!!)
Expose - Come Go With Me
2 In A Room - Wiggle It
Sheila E - Glamorous Life

PinkyPie 03-06-2007 12:14 AM

Madonna gets me every time! Either "Music" or "Confessions on a dance floor". If you like her 80's/90's stuff you could go for the "immaculate collection".

I like harder stuff - I can have a real kick-butt workout to Rammstein or Linkin Park, but it's not everyone's cup of tea :)

trekkiegirl 03-06-2007 12:40 AM

Some great choices listed! I do love the disco and dance music of the 70s and 80s. It's got the beat and it makes me feel good. I mean, how can your mood not be good when you're getting jiggy with the music? :carrot: :p One night I did a mean Jagger imitation with "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (man, there's a reason that dude is so skinny!).

Don't know much of today's music but I do like "Hips Don't Lie" and Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy." Go back a few years and there's "Mambo No. 5." You know, I love "Dancing With The Stars" and I picked up some music from there....Cha Cha (by Chelo), Black Horse & A Cherry Tree...and some oldies that I was kinda "meh" on at the time they were hits but started liking them since they were used on the show (behold the power of Cheryl Burke dancing, lol)..."Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer...Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough."

And yeah, I've run around the house, punching in air to "Gonna Fly Now". :D :boxing:

penor 03-06-2007 07:54 AM

I'm a late 80's early 90's Big Hair fan!. Poison,Warrant,Motley Crue,Bon Jovi. Any of those are great! If you do the whole tape right around the time you begin to get tired their power ballad comes on and you get a little break before it kicks back up again.
Wonderful for working out with my boxing bag!!(lol)

penor 03-06-2007 07:56 AM

BTW Glory87....Your's is a pretty cool list too. Are you class of 87 too? Love all those songs!

nelie 03-06-2007 10:07 AM

It really depends on my mood. I am a big 80s Prince lover so I always have his songs. I also have some Cyndi Lauper and Madonna. Then I have some older stuff like Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin and Queen. Then I switch up into Hip Hop/Rap starting with Beastie Boys from the 80s to Snoop Dogg in the 90s to a more recent 50 Cent. Although my interest don't only lie in the guys, I also have some TLC, Aaliyah, Missy Elliott and Eve.

One more recent song I hate to admit that I really like is Justin Timberlake Sexy Back. It is a really good workout song.

sumisan 03-06-2007 10:31 AM

Ok here is my current list.... I am pretty much all over the place as far as music.

Spin Doctors: Two Princes
Bangles: Manic Monday
Sugar Ray: Fly
The Buggles: Video Killed the Radio Star
Oingo Boingo: We close our Eyes
Queen: Under Pressure
Meridith Brooks: *****
Madonna: Ray of Light
No Doubt: Keep on Dancing
The Fugees: Killing me Softly
Bonnie Raitt: Let's Give them Something to talk about
LL Cool J: Doing it
The The: This is the Day
The Bangles: Eternal Flame
Faith Hill: The way that you love me
The bangles: Hey Mickey
Ray Stevens: Purple People Eater
The Bangles: Walk like an Egyptian
POT USA: Lump
Marvin Gaye: What's Going on
Jewel: Intuition
Ace of Base: The sign
Cyndi Lauper: Girls just want to have Fun
Toni Braxton: You're making me high
Peter, Paul and Mary: Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Not all this is my superfast workoutable music but it keeps me going LOL --Sumi

RidiculouslyAddicted 03-06-2007 12:29 PM

I love a wide variety of music, and some of it I don't ever listen to except for working out. Some of my faves to get me pumped up:

All time #1 fave to work out to: Mony Mony (Tommy James & the Shondells version)
Prodigy: Breathe, Firestarter
White Stripes: Seven Nation Army
Shania Twain: (If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here, Any Man of Mine, Whose Bed Have your Boots Been Under
Corb Lund: Always Keep an Edge on Your Knife, Hair in my eyes like a Highland Steer
Roy Orbison: Anything You Want (You Got It)
Jet: Are You Gonna Be My Girl
John Mellencamp: Authority Song
CCR: Bad Moon Rising
Michael Jackson: Billie Jean
The Marcels: Blue Moon
The Doors: Break on Through
Van Morrison: Wild Nights, Brown Eyed Girl
Billy Idol: White Wedding, Dancing with Myself
kittycat Dolls: Don't Cha'
Ghostbusters theme song
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Give it Away Now
Beach Boys: Good Vibrations
Dixie Chicks: Wide Open Spaces, Goodbye Earl, There's Your Trouble
Gwen Stefani: Hollaback Girl
India.Arie: I'm Not Your Average Girl (not sure of real title?)
Sir Mix-a-Lot: I Like Big Butts
Joan Jett: I Love Rock n' Roll
The Divinyls: I Touch Myself
The Ramones: I Wanna be Sedated
50 Cent: In da Club
The Strokes: In Her Prime, Last Night
Strawberry Alarm Clock: Itchykoo Park
Rick Springfield: Jessie's Girl
Los Lobos: La Bamba
Christina Aguilera, etc.: Lady Marmalade

Okay, that's good for now, cuz my iPod just died :D As you can see, a really eclectic mix, and plenty to be embarassed of!!! :D Keep the ideas coming!

Glory87 03-06-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penor (Post 1599251)
BTW Glory87....Your's is a pretty cool list too. Are you class of 87 too? Love all those songs!

Ha yeah :) There was already a Glory registered when I tried to sign up, I just threw an "87" on the end so I could post!

Slashnl 03-06-2007 02:04 PM

Hey Penor,
You're speaking my language now (or I guess I should say that you're singing my songs!). I love 80's Big Hair bands. I drive my kids nuts with listening to them! It also reminds me of a much skinnier time of my life. I can't say it was a healthier time, but I was much thinner then!
Thanks for the memories!

RidiculouslyAddicted 03-06-2007 02:11 PM

Ooh, I forgot my #2 favorite workout song -- HEY YA by Outkast! So fun!

rockinrobin 03-06-2007 02:16 PM

Pump It - Black Eyed Peas
Let's Get it Started - Black Eyed Peas
Born to Be Alive - ?
Hey Ya - Outkast
Express Yourself - Madonna
YMCA - Village People
Old Time Rock and Roll - bob Seger
Twist & Shout - beatles
Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
Shake - Ying Yang