I'm Baack!

• Hello everyone. We are home from our ride to WV. The weather was great for being out on the ATV's! (in the 50's each day) Keeping on plan was tough - no place we stopped at had fresh salads. I did the best I could, stayed on plan as much as I possibly could. I am sore from riding so hard the last day, but that is OK!! Here is a pic of me on my machine - we sure do love to ride!!

Mrs.Q on her Prairie 700
  • Welcome back! SO glad the weekend was great. The food, well you do what you can with what's available. Good for you for trying!

I am so jealous, I want to go 4bying so bad, but my truck siezed and I really don't want to play grease monkey at all right now<to cold!>, so I'l wait till summer and do some in dry creeks!

Glad you had fun and that the coveralls gave you some rom to play!
  • We were in very rural southern WV. I packed some veggies with us, but there was no way to keep salad! Not one restaurant we stopped at had a salad (there was potato salad and maccaroni salad) There also was no WW bread! I just limited my portions, and did the best I could. I am in this for the rest of my life, so I had to figure out what would be my best options. I think I did ok - for the most part! We're going back in 2 weeks, and I know what I have to do to get by when we're down there. I am anxious to see how the scale reads this Friday - and I am not going to flip out if it isn't what I think it should be. There are going to be times like this and as long as I am in control of what goes in my mouth, it'll be ok. My DH was even proud of me ~ he couldn't believe I would turn down homemade cobbler and all the other sweets down there!
  • Glad you had a great time!
  • I love that picture! Sounds like a great time. You made great decisions with regards to food. You didn't just give yourself freedom to go nuts. Congrats. This must of been a struggle you were worried about.. but you came through it great! What a wonderful feeling.
  • Great picture! You're much braver than I am! My kids are dirt bike riders and I an barely bring myself to watch!
  • Welcome back! So glad you have a good time. And, good job of staying in control. If this is our new lifestyle and not just a diet, we have to be prepared to go outside of our comfort zone. Sounds like you did just fine!
  • Oh it sounds like you had a great old time!!! I'm so happy for you. You did the absolute best food wise with what you had to work with. And that's really what it's all about. I don't think you're going to have any problems what so ever come Friday and weigh-in day. You enjoyed yourself and you kept in mind portion control. Great job. I'm glad you had so much fun.
  • Thanks ladies, it is with the support of you that I am able to do this!

Here is another pic - we did a lot of mud hole crossings this trip due to all the rain that fell thursday. Several of them were almost to my headlights!

Mrs.Q in the mud
  • Whoa, I love the pics ! look at you go! hahaha. Looks like so much fun!