March Motivational Phrases!-- Hope these help someone!

• In honor of my good mood and new found motivation I thought I would spread the joy with a TON of motivational phrases I just found in a journal I had long-forgotten. I hope someone finds one of the many as interesting and helpful as I have. Enjoy:

* The door of oppurtunity won't open unless you do some pushing
    -Will Rogers

* Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
    -Will Rogers

*Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
    -Teddy Roosevelt

* Illegitimis non Carborundum ("Don't let the b*stards grind you down")
    -Gen. Joseph Stilwell

* We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them.
    -Kahlil Gibran

* Don't let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.
    -Richard L. Evans

* Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right.
    -Henry Ford

* Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
    -Arnold Bennett

* The definition of G.O.A.L.S.: GUTS to use an OPPURTUNITY to ACHIEVE the next LEVEL of SUCCESS.

* Don't ask for the task to be easy. ask for it to be worth it.
    -Jim Rohn

* Oppurtunity may knock once, but temptation is leaning on the doorbell.

* There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

* You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You have to work for it, however.
    -Richard Bach

* Problems only have 1 size, and the power you give to them.

* Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
    -Kathleen Theisen

* You MUST change.
    -Mr. Loiselle (my Humanities teacher)

* It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory.
    -W. Edwards Deming

* Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
    -Soren Kirkegaard

* No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

* Believing in yourself is an endless destination; believing you have failed is the end of your journey.
    -Sarah Meredith

* May you begin the day grateful for what it has to offer and end it satisfied with what you made of it.

* I am a great believer in luch. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.
    -Coleman Cox

* The greatest mistake you can make in your life is to be continuously fearing you will make one.
    -Elbert Hubbard

* Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
    -Hannah More

* To fight fear, act. To increase fear- wait, put off, postpone.
    -David J. Schwartz

* I have accepted fear as a part of life- specifically the fear of change. I have gone ahead despite the pounding in my heart that says turn back.
    -Erica Jong

* Stand up for your individuality.

* Exercise-- think of it like recess, but with more SWEAT.

* The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get less than you settled for.
    -Maureen Dowd

* You and I do not see things as they are; we see things as We are.
    -Herb Cohen

* Many people treat their bodies as if they were rented fron Hertz- something they are using to get around int but nothing they genuinely care about understanding.
    -Chungliang Al Huang

* It is never too late to find out who you would have been. The question is: who will you be?

* Change hurts.

* Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
    -Confusius

* Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
    -Dr. Martin Luther King

* When you look at your reflection in the water what do you see? Do you see yourself? Or the person you've become?

* The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise man grows it under his feet.
    -James Oppenheim

* Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start now and make a brand new ending.
    -Carl Bard

----- Well.. I could go on forever but those are some I really like. Hope someone else does too.
  • Quote: *
    ** Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right.
    -Henry Ford

I like the one by Henry Ford. I do believe what you believe is possible is possible.
    My son at about 9 y/o (now he is 19) wrote this and I keep it on a bulletin board. Yes there is a spelling error. "A smart man should use his ability to help others then he is wortey of being smart."
    I thought it was pretty amazing for one so young. But then he has turned out to be an amazing young man.
  • That's cute. Kids say the most interesting things. It's amazing what you can learn when you take the time to listen.
  • Quote: * No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

* Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
    -Hannah More
    These really speak to me. Thanks.