3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 03-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #76
Misfit

S/C/G: 264.5/238/150

Height: 5'6

Tilapia with lemon pepper seasoning baked in the oven with cut green beans and a small serving of whole wheat egg noodles, LOL fresh buttery taste and parmesan.

One for every 5lbs lost:

I haven't come this far to take orders from a cookie.
cmbmom05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #77

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl14 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Today I made a recipe from the Life America's Weekend Magazine that came in our newspaper this weekend. It is Daniel Boulud's Pork Shoulder With Guinness, Cherries, and Sweet Potatoes. I just got a new Dutch Oven pot, and LOVE cooking with wine and Guinness, so this was one I just HAD to try. Wow! Everyone loved it, and the house still smells SOOOOOO good! Our youngest son who loves to cook said it was one of the best recipes he'd ever had.

If anyone would like the recipe I would be happy to type it out for the thread. I served it as they showed in the picture -with sweet potatoes and green beans. My son made his favorite salad -mixed greens and baby spinach, feta cheese, shoestring potatoes and red onions. Mmmmm! We each had a glass of Guinness and some coffee with our meal. Delicious!

Cheryl
I'd love the recipe!

St. Patrick's Day goal - MET! Baseball Opening Day (April 2) goal - MET! Memorial Day goal - to be in the "teens" - MET! 36th Birthday goal - below 200 - MET! Labor Day goal - MET! Wedding anniversary goal - MET! Christmas goal - 175 - didn't make this one. Maintaining for now...no new goals at the moment.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:38 PM   #78

Whole wheat pasta, red sauce with turkey italian sausage, roasted asparagus (ala Robin), and salad. YUM! My DH is Italian and he has taught me to make GOOOOOOOD red sauces!

St. Patrick's Day goal - MET! Baseball Opening Day (April 2) goal - MET! Memorial Day goal - to be in the "teens" - MET! 36th Birthday goal - below 200 - MET! Labor Day goal - MET! Wedding anniversary goal - MET! Christmas goal - 175 - didn't make this one. Maintaining for now...no new goals at the moment.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:57 PM   #79

Maple Pepper Salmon with asparagus (with lots of lemon and pepper!), lemon couscous and a tropical fruit salad for dessert (I spent waaaay more on exotic fruits than I should have, but they're so YUMMY!).
Old 03-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #80
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Super-lean ground beef burgers, served in a half whole wheat pita pocket with barbecue sauce, mixed greens, caramelized onions, and lowfat havarti cheese, with baked herb potato wedges and roasted asparagus spears.

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!

Maintained Oct 2007-Sept 2011, then got pregnant. Our baby boy was born in May, 2012...now to lose the baby weight!!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #81

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Robin - YUM-O!!!! Soooooo gooooood!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #82
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Tricia!

Here's the recipe!

Daniel Boulud's Pork Shoulder With Guinness, Cherries, and Sweet Potatoes

Do this first step the night before:

5 Cups Guinness Stout
1 Cup dried cherries
1/3 Cup Balsamic vinegar

Combine these ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

Cooking day:

2 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt
Pepper
5 1/2 Lb. pork shoulder roast
3 large red onions, peeled and sliced
1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 Tablespoon tomato paste (I used tomato sauce and added about 1/4 c.)
5 pieces allspice, crushed
2 bay leaves
1/4 cup molasses
3 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 cups water

2-3 pounds of sweet potatoes (I used about eight which was three pounds.)
(The recipe said to add them after the first hour, but I boiled them separately just like you would regular potatoes and then mashed them.)

Heat oven to 300 degrees. Warm 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a Dutch oven on top of the stove. Sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of the pork roast. Sear meat on all sides. Remove meat from pan and place on a platter. Saute onions and garlic in Dutch Oven. Add remaining ingredients to onion and garlic mixture. Add the pork roast to the pan of ingredients and bring to a simmer on the stove. (I scooped some of the onion/garlic/cherry mixture onto the roast.) Cover pot, transfer to oven. Cook for one hour. Turn pork roast, and cook for two additional hours.

I served this with green beans, the mashed sweet potatoes and a salad. VERRRY Yum!! Oh, and we all had a glass of Guinness, too!

Cheryl
Old 03-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #83

Thanks Cheryl!

Old 03-19-2007, 07:43 AM   #84
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Tricia I am sooo glad you liked the asparagus. I stupidly ran out of garlic powder this weekend. So I chopped up fresh garlic, tons of it. It is worth the tiny bit of extra effort. It was so much better. My kids and hubby could not get enough of it. The garlic gets all roasted, it was fantastic.

Cassi, I'm glad you liked the squash. In my former life it was something I never would have tried. Amazing how our tastes change and what we can discover when we're looking to eat healthier.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #85

Broiled tilapia parmesan, broccoli, corn, salad.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:07 PM   #86

Talking No Meat For Me

My wonderful husband is a light meat eater, and I cannot eat land meats at all. Fish and shellfish do not make me sick, but pigs, cows, and birds do everytime. Dinner around here is usually served in front of our computers. (Don't worry, we sit side-by-side. ) Anyway, I am having trouble, on such a limited budget, to come up with things that we both can eat. Usually, food does not leave me satisfied. Tonight, I made mixed a can of tuna with some non-fat mayo and had that with some saltine crackers. Later, I fixed some asparagus-straight from a can. My husband, nuked a can of beef stew, and was fine with that. (Oh!.. we both had fresh apples, as well!) If anyone can give me some cheap and healthy ideas, please PM me and let me know.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:08 AM   #87
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Dinner tonight is tons of spinach and mushrooms and onions sauteed with garlic and then I add/cook chicken breasts chunks to it. Also add a little chicken broth. Very good and oh so very healthy.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #88
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Tilapia, baked in parchment so it steams, with lemon juice, garlic, and shallot, plus a little thyme...my favorite fish preparation.

Whole grain rice pilaf and roasted asparagus on the side.

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!

Maintained Oct 2007-Sept 2011, then got pregnant. Our baby boy was born in May, 2012...now to lose the baby weight!!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #89

Dinner tonight for the kids is at the church, hubby is working late, so I'm having leftovers. Whole wheat pasta, marinara sauce and a big salad.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #90

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Well, I over did it this evening. I ate the whole pan of roasted asparagus for dinner myself. I did also have 3 ounces of salmon - I did the numbers, and even though I ate the WHOLE pan, it was under 100 calories.

Christmas Gift Goal - 170 pounds (which will be 100 pounds GONE!) - 17 to go!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote