3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What's for Dinner Tonight? (March) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/105977-whats-dinner-tonight-march.html)

bizlawchik 03-15-2007 12:48 PM

Chicken w/mushroom sauce and broccoli

Charbar 03-15-2007 01:09 PM

Tonight it's a whole baked chicken, brown rice (made w/ half water, half organic chicken broth) and broccoli.

sugarlove 03-15-2007 04:37 PM

Tonight we're having Taco Rice - brown rice sauteed with a little olive oil until it's kind of toasty, then combined with onion, garlic, green chiles, diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmered all together until the rice is cooked, then added to some ground turkey that has been cooked with taco seasoning. Plated up with extra tomatoes, lettuce, black olives, chiles, salsa and a little monterey jack cheese. Yum!!

royalsfan1 03-15-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarlove (Post 1612710)
Tonight we're having Taco Rice - brown rice sauteed with a little olive oil until it's kind of toasty, then combined with onion, garlic, green chiles, diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmered all together until the rice is cooked, then added to some ground turkey that has been cooked with taco seasoning. Plated up with extra tomatoes, lettuce, black olives, chiles, salsa and a little monterey jack cheese. Yum!!

That sounds GREAT! I'm adding that to my menu next week! Thanks!

Kamily828 03-15-2007 06:35 PM

We had KFC. Nobody was in the mood to cook so that was the easiest thing.

rockinrobin 03-16-2007 07:09 AM

It's my usual Friday night fare. And that's a GOOD thing.

Small bowl homemade chicken noodle soup
Roasted chicken breast and carrots
Brussel sprouts, asapargus, green beans and cauliflower

bizlawchik 03-16-2007 08:07 AM

Happy lent! It's Friday and that means seafood.

7oz shrimp
1c broccoli
1c mushrroms
All put on a small foil-lined pan (the one from the toaster oven) and broiled in mixture of 1T lemon juice and 1T melted Light butter w/lots of garlic

1/3c couscous

royalsfan1 03-16-2007 08:31 AM

Pepper steak on brown rice. I know, I know...it's red meat...but once a week isn't going to kill me, I think! :) Next time I'm going to try my pepper "steak" recipe with chicken breasts. I know it will be fabulous!

mandalinn82 03-16-2007 11:41 AM

Fajitas - chicken breast marinated in spicy sauce and grilled, then cut into strips, served with grilled bell peppers and onions, black "refried" beans (a can of black beans, heated and mashed up with 2 tbsp fat free sour cream and a laughing cow wedge), a sprinkle of olives, salsa, and ff sour cream, on whole wheat 50 cal tortillas.

rockinrobin 03-16-2007 02:07 PM

Tricia, there's NOTHING wrong with lean beef. It's loaded with protein and iron and other good stuff.

royalsfan1 03-16-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrobin (Post 1614044)
Tricia, there's NOTHING wrong with lean beef. It's loaded with protein and iron and other good stuff.

I know, I agree. But with my cholesterol being borderline at my Dr appt in Jan, I kind of swore off red meat until my recheck in April. However, looking back in my journal it seems like I'm having it once every 2 or 3 weeks. I know that isn't bad for me...but I do prefer chicken or fish. :)

bizlawchik 03-18-2007 03:30 PM

Robin's spaghetti squash, mushroom, onion, marinara chicken thing! (thanks again)

rockinrobin 03-18-2007 04:46 PM

Oh Cassi, I hope you like it. Let me know, will ya?

I am having a baked chicken breast with onions and garlic with tons of fresh green beans roasted with fresh chopped garlic.

Cheryl14 03-18-2007 06:11 PM

Recipe from newspaper

Hi Everyone!

Today I made a recipe from the Life America's Weekend Magazine that came in our newspaper this weekend. It is Daniel Boulud's Pork Shoulder With Guinness, Cherries, and Sweet Potatoes. I just got a new Dutch Oven pot, and LOVE cooking with wine and Guinness, so this was one I just HAD to try. Wow! Everyone loved it, and the house still smells SOOOOOO good! Our youngest son who loves to cook said it was one of the best recipes he'd ever had.

If anyone would like the recipe I would be happy to type it out for the thread. I served it as they showed in the picture -with sweet potatoes and green beans. My son made his favorite salad -mixed greens and baby spinach, feta cheese, shoestring potatoes and red onions. Mmmmm! We each had a glass of Guinness and some coffee with our meal. Delicious! :drinkup:

Cheryl

CyberGypsy 03-18-2007 06:12 PM

Chicken Catatorie.....