March's NSV's

You're on Page 2 of 19
Go to
  • Yay for everyone's March NSV's! Mine for today is that a co-worker at my new job - where I've been for all of three weeks now - asked me if I'm losing weight. Who would have guessed that someone who hardly knows me could see a difference in such a short time!
  • Kristina, that definitely counts. I have a similar food NSV. I ate 2 salads today!!! Me, who used to hate salads. Well, for lunch I brought one of those Tuna kits (with the crackers and the mayo/relish). I wanted a side salad, so I ate that first and enjoyed it so much that I went back and got a bigger one and added the tuna on top. Then for dinner, instead of tacos, I made a taco salad (and even skipped the shell I usually crumble up). I think I'm going to try to eat a salad everyday. They are so filling and very tasty.
  • DH and I went out to a comedy routine tontite and stayed for dancing afterwards. We enjoyed ourselves and not once did I feel uncomfortable about my weight like I always felt in the past.
  • Great going girls, we're on our way to filling up lots of pages for March!!!

I had a couple.

I didn't stick to planned meals yesterday for the first time. It was a crazy day, tons of paper work and other work matters to tend to and then I had to take my daughter to the mall who wanted some new clothing for a weekend trip with school next week got home real late and my planned supper was not happening. So although my eating was not the usual tons of veggies and protein *sigh*, it WAS well within my calorie range. Although I feel terrible about the lack of nutritional value, I am glad that on a hectic day I still managed to stay on my calorie budget. I also got in my exercise which in the past I would have just said the heck with it. It was much later then usual, but hey it still counts.

While at the mall, I had my first "OMG, I didn't even recognize you" comment. I banged into a mother of one of my daughters old classmates. Our daughters were fairly good friends. I had not seen her for close to a year now. She kind of walked right past me and I said hello and then turned she around to look and looked puzzled and did a double take and blurted out the above comment and a bunch of other complimentary stuff.
  • Quote:
    While at the mall, I had my first "OMG, I didn't even recognize you" comment. I banged into a mother of one of my daughters old classmates. Our daughters were fairly good friends. I had not seen her for close to a year now. She kind of walked right past me and I said hello and then turned around to look and looked puzzled and did a double take and blurted out the above comment.
    That's FABULOUS!!!! How exciting!
  • Wow, Lifeguard! You have had a unusually rough week! So glad to hear you're beating the battle with depression.

Went to my first swim class last evening. I almost chickened out because I was nervous about every one seeing "the big chick" and I knew I wouldnt be able to swim the laps like everyone else. I was very much the biggest person at a pool full of toned fit kids and adults. But, I forced myself to remove my clothing and get in the pool. Boy, am I out of shape! And, very rusty! I have to learn how to breathe all over again. They probably had to re-fill the pool when I left....I swallowed most of it! I practiced kicks and strokes...and breathing...for an hour. At the end of the hour, I was extremely nauseous. I came home and went right to bed....no dinner and no American Idol or Survivor. I have a loooooooong way to go before I will be able to swim laps. My goal is 50 laps by the end of the year.
  • Quote: Wow, Lifeguard! You have had a unusually rough week! So glad to hear you're beating the battle with depression.

Went to my first swim class last evening. I almost chickened out because I was nervous about every one seeing "the big chick" and I knew I wouldnt be able to swim the laps like everyone else. I was very much the biggest person at a pool full of toned fit kids and adults. But, I forced myself to remove my clothing and get in the pool. Boy, am I out of shape! And, very rusty! I have to learn how to breathe all over again. They probably had to re-fill the pool when I left....I swallowed most of it! I practiced kicks and strokes...and breathing...for an hour. At the end of the hour, I was extremely nauseous. I came home and went right to bed....no dinner and no American Idol or Survivor. I have a loooooooong way to go before I will be able to swim laps. My goal is 50 laps by the end of the year.
    Rhonda - I'm just so proud of you for getting out there and doing it! I love to swim and have been needling my husband for a pool. I'm thinking how lovely it would be to just go outside and swim a few laps, myself!
  • Mini goal nearly achieved(m)
    I'm only 2 weeks in and last night I was able to put on a pair of jeans a size smaller than I wear. (had 'em sitting around because someone got them for me for Christmas) Anyway. I got them button and zipped. Pretty tight but 2 wees ago I couldn't do either!! So I'm pretty dang happy about THAT!!
  • I can sleep on my stomach again! I haven't slept on my stomach in so long,it felt really weird...but it was the only way I could get comfortable.
  • Congratulations, girls, each and every one of you! Comments, clothing sizes, eating more salad, unconsciously skipping over foods that aren't good for you, swimming, sleeping on your stomachs.....my, my, my you guys are my daily dose of inspiration! I would be lost without this site and without this thread!

Yesterday was one of those days where people said things to me all day long. I took the morning off work so DH and I ran some errands together. We went to the bank, where I ALWAYS go through the drive up window. DH always goes in...so, naturally we had to go in. The branch manager, who I've probably seen a total of 3-4 times in the last year (and never before that) came up to me and asked if I'd lost weight. I really didn't think she even knew who I was, know what I mean? She wasn't happy, however, when she asked what the "secret" was and I told her lots of exercise! I then got to school where I ran into my favorite male co-worker, whom I hadn't seen in person (mostly phone calls!) in about a month and a half. His jaw hit the floor, and he said, "You look fabulous! I can see you're still losing weight, don't you think you need to stop now, and maybe put a little on?" Love him! Then later in the afternoon three different students came up to me at different times and asked how I'd gotten so skinny. Me? Skinny? Nope, but I will be some day!
  • OK, this is strange.

My boobs are moving up!!! YAY. I noticed, when I got out of the shower, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I noticed a patch of skin that was really really oddly coloured. I was looking closer, trying to figure out if I had a rash or what, when I realised its the skin showing where my boobs, USED to be. YAY
  • Oh, I hope mine migrate north, too!

My NSV for today....went shopping and bought a pair of jeans and 2 shirts...each down 1 size! Throwing out the old jeans!
  • Great work Rhonda!!! It will get easier I promise. When I taught adults regardless of their size or even their fitness level on land everyone struggled at first. Swimming is just a different thing than anything we do on land. And believe me no one is looking they are all too self conscious about their own bodies.

I feel good today & that is my NSV. Plus today I went into a Tim Horton's (I really needed to pee!) & got my husband a coffee. Even though I felt compelled to get something when I actually looked at the stuff I realized I didn't have any desire to eat any of it. No doughnut, cookie or muffin looked remotely appetizing!!!!
  • WoW! Good job Lifeguard!! Donut shops are my downfall, I am SOOOO glad I do not have a Dunkin Donuts around me. I absolutely love the blueberry cake donuts!
  • I went to my nephew's birthday party tonight, and my mom, dad, SIL, and brother each told me how good I was starting to look. They said it's really starting to show. Wish I could see what they do, but it's nice to hear!
    I also only had half a piece of cake, which I had already planned into my points (ww) for the day! So it was a great party all the way around!!