Old 03-01-2007, 11:38 PM   #31  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janny O View Post
My one reason for staying on plan today is that pool season is just around the corner and I'm sick of scaring everyone in my swimsuit!!!
LOL. We have a pool here in our complex, and I'm sure I won't be swimsuit ready this year but next year, here I come pool! I love to swim, and I can't wait!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:14 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

The one reason I am staying on plan today is that I have been stuck in the hospital for a few days and now I am out I don't want to waste all of that enforced slimming!
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:58 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I'm staying on plan today because I had a great weigh in today and am riding that momentum to next Friday! I want to be in the 230's next week!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:12 AM   #34  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

The ONE reason I am staying on plan today is:

About the 3rd week into my journey I went to see a nutritionist. I checked into it and it was covered by my insurance and I figured why the heck not? I figured it was somebody to hold me accountable and the such. I didn't wind up liking her very much and went for a total of 5 times. One of the reasons I didn't like her is because she said if I don't go to a gym I will never make it out of the 180's. Well I haven't gone to a gym, but I sure do exercise nevertheless. So I am looking to prove little miss nutritionist WRONG and get out of the 180's and then the 170's and out of the 160's and so on and so on and so on.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:02 AM   #35  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Go, Robin! No, you don't have to use a gym to get in shape! Good for you for standing your ground! My doctor wants me to go on his fancy expensive diet...it costs a ton and uses meal replacements. He wasnt happy when I told him "No, Southbeach works for me." He acted rather insulted that I didn't want to pay money for another stupid diet plan. I can't see myself living on meal replacements for the rest of my life! I'm trying to learn to eat to live and teach my children how to eat. What would meal replacement shakes teach them? Like you, I am determined to show him a thing or two!

Okay....getting off my soapbox! My One reason today: I want to be slender and fit! And there's only one way for me to get there...stay on plan!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:41 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Robin, that nutritionist was rather silly. You burn calories through activity that gets your heart rate up and builds muscle, after all, and you can do that however you like, whether it's in a gym or at your house or anywhere else!! How silly for him or her to think otherwise! And look how incredibly well you've done -- it's always interesting to me how people can doubt someone's ability to succeed when they so clearly already HAVE succeeded!!

My one reason for staying on plan today is because of my running. We got a Runner's World magazine in the mail yesterday (not sure why -- my husband used to subscribe but not for a long time, and it just showed up again...) and I read almost every word. I'm definitely developing a love for running, and losing more weight will enable me to become a better, stronger, faster runner.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #37  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I was thinking about my reason for staying on plan today, and realized I don't have one BIG reason for doing it, just a ton of little ones that all add up. I like me, how ironic is that? For years I didn't want to look in the mirror, get caught in a photograph, acknowledge my true size. Now I can't seem to walk into my bedroom without taking a moment to look at my butt in the mirror. I'm amazed every time I do. I like what I see. I feel GOOD, inside and out, and just feeling good in general is enough for me to think "why wouldn't I stay on plan?" I have nothing to lose by staying on plan, but a lot of good feelings and self worth to lose if I go off plan. I'm sticking to it.
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #38  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Default My one reason for staying on plan today is because...

I really want to be able to fit into some of the cute, new clothes styles that are out. I want to never have to shop in the "Plus" section. I can't wait to get to that point.
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #39  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I want out of the plus size section of the store. Most of those clothes my grandmothers wouldn't wear, why would I? And it seems to me, plus size clothing costs more, and is generally of lesser quality. I want more bang for my buck, tyvm!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:07 AM   #40  

Height: 5.6

My reason for staying on plan today is because I am packing up my winter clothes today. I was not kidding when I said I would go to work in a robe if I have to, they are OUT OF HERE! Actually - I am going to do that as soon as I finish my posting this morning.... I have hit my limit of people either telling me that my goal is not possible or I have to do it a certain way or it is just never going to work for me.

This is crass - but I have to say it just this one time....

THOSE PEOPLE CAN KISS MY TUSH - BUT THEY BETTER HURRY BECAUSE WHILE IT MAY BE A BIG ENOUGH TARGET NOW - GUESS WHAT IT'S SHRINKING; EVERY TIME I GO TO CURVES, DO A VIDEO, EAT HEALTHY AND EVERYDAY THAT I STAY ON PLAN - MY WAY.

Last edited by Penney; 03-03-2007 at 06:14 AM.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #41  
journey girl

S/C/G: 325/323/160

Height: 5'8"

My one reason today - I want the energy to walk around the neighborhood at a fast pace and really enjoy it, and to walk around Lake Harriet this summer not so terribly self conscious about my (lack of) speed and my looks in comparison to all the other people there.
kaepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #42  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

The One reason I'm staying on plan today is: Every year, on my birthday, I make a resolution with myself to lose weight and get in shape. This year, I want to be able to look in the mirror and say "I did it!"
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I make birthday resolutions too, Rhonda. It felt really good this past Dec 12 to know that I was halfway to my goal weight and that if I keep it up I'll be there before the next one rolls around!

I'm staying on plan today because I want to enjoy my life. I spent my 20s and half my 30s overweight (and obese for most of it). I want the rest of my 30s, my 40s, and all the years I'm lucky enough to live to be different. I already feel so much better!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:22 PM   #44  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

My reason today: Because I LOVE the better lifestyle now that we are eating wholesome foods. I don't have to feel guilty in my mind like I did as I scarfed down a Big Mac as my kids got 'poisoned' with a Happy Meal.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:33 PM   #45  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

The one reason I am staying on plan today is I am worth it. I finally can say that. Wow, I never thought I was worth it before but I am.....thanks to all of you. You constantly give support and great ideas.
Thanks
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote