3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Sodium and Wine - really a change! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/105538-sodium-wine-really-change.html)

Cheryl14 02-25-2007 11:20 AM

Sodium and Wine - really a change!

Hi All!

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed a difference with your body's tolerance of sodium or alcohol (wine, beer, etc.) since you have lost weight. I was used to EASILY drinking three or four glasses of wine before noticing that funny numb feeling in the nose that told me it was time to SLOW DOWN or to eat something to counteract the effects of the alcohol. Now after just 1/2 of a glass, I am starting to feel that numb feeling in my nose!

Also, I usually add no salt to anything. At restaurants I never noticed before that I felt more bloated or thirsty after eating there, but NOW I seem to be REALLY affected by even the smallest amount of salt, and restaurant food seems to be out of control when it comes to salt!

Have any of you ever requested that NO SALT be used in the cooking at reataurants? I'm REALLY NEW to asking for special treatment -dressings on the side, sauces on the side, no cheese on salads, no croutons on salads, etc.!!! Of course when I cook at home it is all very easy because I can control everything.

Cheryl

sharonrr 02-26-2007 08:57 AM

I don't drink anymore. I haven't gone to restaurants much lately. Safer to eat at home. I have had a fruit smoothie and asked them not to put sugar in it only fruit. They asked if I wanted splenda I said no only fruit. I did also have grilled chicken out and did notice it was greasier and saltier than I would of liked. If I go back I will ask for them not add extra oil or salt.

rockinrobin 02-26-2007 09:22 AM

It's funny but even when I was 287 lbs wine and alcohol have a really big impact on me. I literally and I am not exagerating feel the affects of alcohol after just 1 or 2 sips - no kidding. I get all tingly in the fingers and arms. I get quite uncomfortable in in fact. So I stay away from alcohol. I rarely, rarely drink it, not even wine or beer.

As for sodium, I never really noticed. I am trying to cut down on it though.

royalsfan1 02-26-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrobin (Post 1587093)
It's funny but even when I was 287 lbs wine and alcohol have a really big impact on me. I literally and I am not exagerating feel the affects of alcohol after just 1 or 2 sips - no kidding. I get all tingly in the fingers and arms. I get quite uncomfortable in in fact. So I stay away from alcohol. I rarely, rarely drink it, not even wine or beer.

I'm completely the same way! My doctor actually told me it was an allergy.

Sodium does affect me pretty severely. If I haven't been drinking water my hands really swell.