3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'd love 2 freeze time... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/104837-id-love-2-freeze-time.html)

Kae 02-16-2007 10:45 AM

I'd love 2 freeze time...

Hey all-

So last week I was really good about going to the gym and exercising but this week I didn't exercise once. I still managed to lose 1.5 lbs but I think it was due to portion control.

I'm just wondering how everyone else finds the time to squeeze in movement??? I work 2 jobs so when I do go to the gym in the morning my schedule is as follows:

Wake up @ 5:30am/ Leave @ 6/ workout from 6:30-7:20 am and then get ready for work in the gym bathroom / work from 8 am- 5 pm / commute/ work from 6 pm to 10-10:30 pm / Get home at 11 pm-- bed at midnight-- and REPEAT.

I'm so tired and I'm struggling to fit exercise into my life, let alone, haha, any hobbies or some sort of social life. I have a social outing maybe once every month or less.

It kills me to get up so early after getting home so late.. and I'm so not a morning person. Exercising in the morning, once I am out of bed, gives me energy for a couple hours but by noon I am yawning and barely awake.

Any thoughts??? :dizzy:

Ash15+ 02-16-2007 11:05 AM

What I want to know is how are you still standing with only 5 and a half hours of sleep per night?

Kae 02-16-2007 11:19 AM

I have no idea. :)

I have a hard time with the AM thing. I could maybe workout after 11pm when I get home, but I can't get myself to do it because my sister is home. I can't get myself to exercise when she is around.

Blame it on past and present comments and actions I guess. When we were younger she would poke my fat, stare at my stretch marks while I changed clothes. I suppose the most traumatic times were when she hid in our bedroom closet with a friend so they could watch my change clothes and then jump out and laugh at me.. showing them my huge clothes.. or the time she and her friend sat outside the bedroom window while I was working out and were pointing in laughing at me...

... or last week when my six yr old sis was visiting my place for the weekend and we were racing eachother in a running game on the nintendo and my sister (NOT the 6 yr old) told me to stop playing because the house was shaking...

Long story short.. I can't do it around her.

FreeSpirit 02-16-2007 02:00 PM

If you don't have one, then get a pedometer. While you're at work, find ANY excuse to get up. Do some dancing in the car while you're stuck in commute traffic. Go for a walk during your lunch before or after you eat.

cbmare 02-16-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelypurple (Post 1575659)
Do some dancing in the car while you're stuck in commute traffic.

G

I'm sorry. You've got me :rofl: at this one. I'm picturing the sun roof open and someone standing on the center console entertaining the other drivers at a red light!

cbmare 02-16-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kae (Post 1575436)
I have no idea. :)

Blame it on past and present comments and actions I guess. When we were younger she would poke my fat, stare at my stretch marks while I changed clothes. I suppose the most traumatic times were when she hid in our bedroom closet with a friend so they could watch my change clothes and then jump out and laugh at me.. showing them my huge clothes.. or the time she and her friend sat outside the bedroom window while I was working out and were pointing in laughing at me...

Long story short.. I can't do it around her.

I can totally understand that one. You poor thing! However, your day will come with this one.

Maybe you could limit your exercise to less often. You sound like you are going to go into overload if you keep this up. How long have you had this schedule?

jennylou 02-16-2007 02:29 PM

I agree with the pedometer suggestions. Just try and squeeze in any extra steps during the day that you can. Also, make those steps count, don't go at a slow pace, but move quick.

Kae 02-16-2007 02:49 PM

I have been working this schedule for about 7 months now.

Before I got my 8-5 office job added to the mix I still had two jobs but my other job was as a nanny for 3 preschool kids... 7 am- 6 pm. It was slower paced. I brought the kids to preschool and such, nap time, lunch time, sometimes dinner, and mostly play time together. I got outdoors because I also worked in a green house outdoors on days I was not a nanny and days I wasn't doing my other job.

-- I'll have to try the pedometer. I got a cheap one once but it didn't really work.. it counted tons of steps when I wasn't even moving.

keegster 02-17-2007 09:43 AM

Wow, it sounds like you could be headed for a burnout with that schedule. I've got a very hectic schedule, with a 1 hour commute to and from work each day and then taking care of my almost 2 year old in the evenings. There's not much time for anything. But I would suggest trying to sneak in exercising while at your office job. Start walking on your lunch break - even if it is around the parking lot. If there are stairs, take a couple breaks throughout the day and go climb the stairs. In the bathroom stall, do wall push-ups. I would do anything to get a little bit more sleep, your body needs that too.

Good luck!

djs06 02-17-2007 12:36 PM

WOW!!! I could never do that! Kudos to you for doing it.. but you must be exhausted, poor thing! Do you have days off that you can use maybe? How many days do you shoot for? And what do you normally do?

What kind of lunch break do you get? Maybe you can utilize that.

Reddalice 02-17-2007 02:53 PM

Turn everything you do in to a workout. Walk a little faster when you are going between places; jumping jacks; leg lifts; work on push ups (off a table, on the floor); when standing slowly raise up on your tippy toes and flex your butt then lower; try standing balance moves; toss in squats when no one is looking; small side kicks; stretch; and when you get home do a brisk 15 minute walk or jog. Smile.

LakeGirl 02-17-2007 09:51 PM

If it were me, I would turn my lunch break into a 30 minute walk, but i'm making the assumption that you would have some other time to actually eat lunch, as that is also important. You could always work with weights etc on the weekend.

I, too, worry about the amount of sleep you are getting. I'm thinking I read somewhere that getting enough sleep was important in weight loss, but I might be crazy. :dizzy: