3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I cant trust myself...... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/104267-i-cant-trust-myself.html)

CyberGypsy 02-08-2007 05:30 PM

I cant trust myself......

I went to buy a box of 100 calories snacks(lorna Doone)and i end up eating them all... I am losing fast....but Now have to keep them out of my home.......ughhhhhhhh my down fall!

Angihas2 02-08-2007 05:34 PM

I find myself unable to buy a box either. So, I buy them one at a time, much more expensive, but in the long run, better for my health. I don't think we can eternally deny ourselves things like that, some can, I can't, and it's not realistic for me. There's no way I'll never have chocolate again, so I ration it, once a month. Thats it. SOme months, I even forget and don't have it. Good luck. But, lesson learned, right?

phantastica 02-08-2007 05:35 PM

Yep, I can't keep any refined sugary carbs in any significant quantity in my home for any length of time. I wish it was different, but right now it's not.

CyberGypsy 02-08-2007 06:26 PM

I feel bad thing i will have one bag every other day,,,,but cant trust myself....but on a better note I lost a pound so far this week

EnglishMuffin 02-09-2007 04:02 AM

Hi,

I can't trust myself either. I can't have anything sugary in the house - chocolate would just call to me. To me it's like putting a case of wine in full view of a recovering alcoholic and not expecting them to find that difficult - why make your life more hellish?! I worked on the ice cream and after going through a few tubs very quickly I soon settled down into just having a portion when I felt like it and even forgetting it was in the freezer - so maybe some foods you can conquer in time. If I want to have a weekly treat of chocolate I just go out and buy just that quantity that I've calculated I can have and enjoy it. Hope you can find a way of including your treats without feeling guilty.

EM

CyberGypsy 02-09-2007 08:53 AM

I just have to be strong...on a better note...I am Over half way to my goal

GirlyGirlSebas 02-09-2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberGypsy (Post 1567209)
I just have to be strong...on a better note...I am Over half way to my goal

That's great! I'm so happy for you.

Sandi 02-09-2007 09:59 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with knowing your limits. I cannot have junk in the house. No cookies, no crackers, no sweets. I can't even have graham crackers. Nothing that I can quickly grab. But I can have low-fat ice cream (I have never been one to eat out of the tub) in the house. I have that at night, measured out. Go figure!!

I think that learning our limits is an important part of our journey!

Congrats on being 1/2 way to goal! :D

Lifeguard 02-09-2007 12:59 PM

I'm in the keep it out of the house category as well. Although I am trying to overcome it. It drives DH crazy 'cause when he wants something it's not there - tough luck!

Mrs Quadcrew 02-09-2007 01:15 PM

Same here. I don't keep that stuff in the house. It isn't needed anyhow!

shelby897 02-09-2007 01:29 PM

Being someone who can overeat on energy bars -- my nutritionist had a suggestion, if it works for what you like, that I freeze my treats, so I can't overeat without some definite thought to it -- so I thaw one out a day. Also, I've been known to have my husband "monitor" treats and he hides them until I ask for just 1 -- he should be involved, right? It all sounds kind of childish but it works for me.

sharonrr 02-09-2007 01:33 PM

My DH never went to the grocery store much. Now that I've thrown all the junk away he picked up some donuts, chex mix, and fried chicken this week. I won't touch it. He knows I won't. Just like I don't have the alcohol that is in the house. I am a recovering alcoholic.

shelby897 02-09-2007 01:45 PM

Sharon -- very great job -- you have strong will!! I keep telling myself there are just certain things I cannot have -- but I give in too often! I hope to get where you are some day!!

CyberGypsy 02-09-2007 08:08 PM

I am alone....and freezing Chocolate make it better....

TempleBody 02-09-2007 08:25 PM

OMG! I'm the exact same way.... I'm prob worse because I can't even keep my daughter's bitter biscuits or toddler crackers in the house!! I just get an incredible urge to munch.