Old 02-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/261/160

Default 3rd attempt to lose this weight

I'm hoping this is my LAST attempt to lose weight. I am really hoping that I can keep this motivation up and lose the weight. I am in a wedding in august and its on the beach, so I would really LOVE to be at a comfortable weight by then. I KNOW I won't be at my goal, when I was first asked (in september) I was hoping to be at 200 pounds, but I don't think that will be possible now. I don't want to push myself and do it in an unhealthy way. I will settle for anything less than what I am now, thats for sure! Good luck to everyone.

Aimee
autmwillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:51 PM   #2  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

autmwillow - welcome! I'm newer here myself, but I just wanted to say, you can make a change and look better. You might not be at 200, but you might be closer than you think. If you aim to lose 2 pounds per week, you'll be down 50 pounds by August! Break it down into more maneagable amounts - 10 pounds at a time!
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:54 PM   #3  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome! You can do it if you really want it! Mind over matter girl. Just think how sexy you'll be looking on that beach 50 lbs lighter! If you need motivation, just come here and keep posting. There are some awesome folks on this site, from people like us just starting to those who've already reached their goal. Take it day by day and you'll make it. And keep posting!!!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:32 AM   #4  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Aimee!

Welcome to 3FC!!

You WILL do this!

Take it a pound at a time, and worry about the first five pounds instead of thinking how far you need/want to go.

I found for me that once I began thinking of my weight loss as a life change instead of some diet I would either be ON or OFF, I began to succeed. I found that I needed to make many changes, but I couldn't make all of them at once. As I made changes gradually, I knew that these were changes that I could live with FOR LIFE and that each one of them would help me LEARN how to love myself and my body.

You can do this!

Come here often and join the rest of us who are doing it right along with you!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:42 AM   #5  
karrier

S/C/G: 265/239/130

Height: 5'3"

I've attempted so many diets but I am loosing this time because I have planned to lose weight.
I take some time on Sunday and I plan my meals and snacks and figure what I need to do to get the best results.

A little planning goes a long long way. This time I am 30 days cheat free.
I hope this helps.
karrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

Good luck Aimee! You can totally do it! Log on here when you need support - it's working for me.

What you have all said is so true. And I just wanted to add that this forum is great and I'm so grateful to all the people that post here. I have only recently joined but I'm finding it such a great help - not only for support but also for inspiration. Instead of reaching for a snack I'm logging on and it's helping to break the cycle of eating because I'm bored.

I also wanted to say that you are all right about it being much bettter to think of your weight loss as a series of small goals. I have always been overwhelmed before when I think of 100 pounds - realistically even if I stick to my diet closely it's going to take a WHOLE YEAR to shift that kind of weight. Instead I'm focusing on the fact that I have visitors coming who I haven't seen in a month in about a months time and I want to have lost 15 pounds by then, it all seems much more manageable when I think about it like that.

Last edited by Lillibeth; 02-05-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:05 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

aimee! Looking forward to getting to know you.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Aimee, you can do this, you really, really can. You start chipping away at those pounds, one pound at a time. And what once seemed overwhelming is right there within your reach. I started out needing to lose 162 lbs. 162 lbs.!!! I told myself at least it wasn't 200 lbs. I really worked on changing my lifestyle. I started eating healthy and exercising. I knew if I stuck to those things that the pounds would come off. I now have (haha) only 72 pounds to goal. I tell you it doesn't scare me anymore. It's just a number. I just stick to my plan and the pounds HAVE to come off. It's a no brainer.

I'm glad you're here, this is a GREAT place for advice, motivation and support. Looking forward to getting to know you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #9  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hey Robin!

Those pounds are meltin' off ya, Gal! Woo Hoo! Congrats on your NINETY POUND LOSS!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Aimee! You can do this!! This place is a wonderful support for all of us. Just stop in here everyday and you will find those pounds slipping away - and just take it one day at a time! We all had to start somewhere!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/261/160

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. 2 pounds a week sounds a lot better than 105 total pounds! I'm sure I can get the 2 pounds a week...even 1 pound is better than nothing! Thanks again.

Aimee
autmwillow is offline   Reply With Quote