custom mcdonalds

• Maybe you already know this.. but I didn't. You can completely customize anything at mcdonalds. (my step son works there and told me he adds bacon to a mcchicken sandwich)
    So tonight when I went to pick him up from work my younger two rugrats wanted to eat there...
    I ordered a side salad ($1) with a side of grilled chicken breast with vinegar dressing. It came to only $2!! and only 192 calories. (check my fitday link for more nuti. info)

I know I shouldn't be this excited.. but it's nice to have an option at mcdonalds that's cheap (there reg salads are so pricey) and low in calories.

Dana
  • I used to get cheeseburgers with lettuce and tomatos! Very yummy - low in points I'm told!

It's good to find something you can have while you are out - lets face it there are times you just DON'T have time to cook!

-Aimee
  • i customize something everytime i go to a fast food place - i like to think its fresher.
  • That is good to know about the chicken breast. I am going the a agility event in a tiny tiny town (Farmington, NY) and not much to choose from a far as eating goes., But they do have a Mickey Ds. I have been so worried what I was going to eat all weekend.
  • Janis just reminded me of something kinda odd.... I used to live in a small town in BC, and also in Manitoba, and there was never any McD's close by, we'd have to go to the big city to get it. And when my mom and I were making a trek across Washington State we noticed almost every town had a McD's. Whats with that??

-Aimee
  • Yeah, I have 5 McDonald's within a 5-10 minute drive from my house, no exaggeration.

Dana, thanks for the tip!
  • Have not been to MD in 2 years.......but for tea only
  • Good to know.