Old 02-13-2007, 06:50 PM   #106  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Yesterday I went to my BFing group and one of the other moms asked if I had lost some weight - she said she could totally tell in my face (then she admitted that she was afraid to ask!).

Later, sil and I went shopping. I bought a size 16/18 skirt! Glory be, was I ever shocked. But, they were out of 20/22, so I decided to give it a try. It wasn't too tight and best of all it was clearanced for $7.99. It'll be perfect for our cruise next week, since it's velvet (formal night). I also bought two fancy tops (formal night again), one a size L (that's right, no X's anywhere on the tag!) and an XL - in the regular dept.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations on the size NSV, jennylou -- those are SOOO nice!!

My NSV today is that everyone is starting to notice that I'm tall. I know that sounds kind of odd, because my height hasn't changed, but apparently my weight made me look shorter or something, because every day lately someone says "Hey...you're TALL." I'm not THAT tall, but I do like my height. Today someone said it in one of my classes, and I said "Why is everyone saying I'm tall lately? I was always tall!" One of my students said "They notice it now because you're getting so skinny."
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:39 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

This is an odd one ~ last night I was hungry (which since starting on this new plan, I have NOT been) I was having a hard time trying to figure out what was up. I went into my fitday and looked to see what I had eaten, and the protein was way low yesterday - so I went and got a 2 oz. piece of turkey breast and ate it. WAALAAA - that took care of it!!! I got up today and was so proud of myself for not raiding the kitchen and for stopping and THINKING about what was going on with me!! I think I finally GET IT!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:48 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Good for you Mrs. Quadcrew!

LisaMarie - I totally understand what you mean with the height thing. I get the same thing. What I find interesting though is that I find that those who are shorter seem taller to me when they are heavy - maybe it's just that I'm less self-conscious around them when they're heavy? I've always felt insecure around small girls/women (even when I was a child 'cause I was always so much taller).

My NSV - I am going for my abdominal ultrasound & bloodwork today to see if I do indeed have PCOS. I am so nervous about the ultrasound - I hate people seeing my belly & if they can't get a clear view (which I fear is likely given my size) they may have to go, uh, inside. Wish me luck!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #110  
Nursing Momma

Lifeguard - I hate to break it to you, but you might not be having an abdominal u/s, rather, you'll likely have a transvaginal u/s - at least that was always my experience with u/s for pcos. So, they probably won't see your belly.

LisaMarie - how tall are you?

My NSV yesterday - I was packing for our cruise and decided to try on a bunch of clothes. That way, I could put away some of the clothes that won't fit for a while longer, and see if anything fits that would be appropriate for the cruise. I fit into a pair of 18 capris that I haven't worn since summer 2002! I was so excited.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Thanks Jennylou - the doc ordered the abdominal & said they would decide after doing that if they need to do the other - I hope they don't!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #112  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Lifeguard I've had a transvaginal. I promise you it's not that bad, not at all painful. The technician was really good and I didn't feel the least bit uncomfortable with her.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:33 PM   #113  
Nursing Momma

Oh, for sure they don't hurt, they're just, um, awkward.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #114  
3 + years maintaining

It really shouldn't be too awkward if the technician is a true professional. Now granted I'd rather be washing the floor or doing laundry or grocery shopping or washing the dishes or cleaning the toilets...... yeah I think you all get my drift. But it's a heck of a lot better then say a trip to the dentist.

My NSV, it's a biggie, one I know we've heard before around here. My Daughter got sent home early today (bad weather) and she is spending the weekend at a friends house and she wanted to bake cookies to bring along. So, we just made some oatmeal cookies. It was real hard to resist. Real, real, REAL hard. They are my favorite. I managed to escape eating 1/2 cookies worth of the raw dough (another weakness of mine) and 1/2 baked cookie. I put them in the freezer and I don't want to look at them. I'll be even happier when they're out of the house on Friday. But I'm confident I won't touch them, because they "belong" to my daughter. I'm just happy to have resisted as well as I did. I have had no problem resisting store bought stuff lately, but homemade is a whole other ball game. I'm quite pleased having just eaten the two 1/2s.

And then of course there's Valentine's Day. We gave each of our daughters a box of chocolates. So far, so good. Also trying to hold by they "belong" to my daughters. But of course they are always generous with their stuff, so I'm not home free yet. But I'm okay. Really. It's gonna be fine. Just fine.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #115  
Nursing Momma

rockinrobin - WTG with the cookies and chocolate!

As for awkward, I'd rather go to the dentist. It hasn't been that the techs are ever unprofessional, it's just, like you said, I'd rather be scrubbing my toilets.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #116  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

You can do it Robin. I made valentines bags for both my kids and grandkids with plenty of candy. I didn't touch the candy. I'm like you though on the sweets, home-made is so 10x more tempting than store-bought junk.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:54 PM   #117  
3 + years maintaining

I know we can do it Lilybelle. I couldn't always say that, but I think I can now. The funny thing is, is that last year I didn't even TRY to not eat the candy. I just would eat it without even thinking about it. I looked on the box of chocolates and it said 210 calories for 5 pieces. In the past I would have easily downed, I don't know 10, 15 pieces without batting any eyelash. Now the thought of eating 1 chocolate at 42 calories is unfathomable to me. It's bad enough I ate some raw dough and 1/2 cookie.

Also, I think a lot of people have a harder time with the homemade stuff. It's just soooo much better.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:07 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I got new glasses at the beginning of the week so I was talking to one of my friends who moved out of town and she wanted me to take pictures to send to her. So I decided to try and figure out the self-timer on my digital camera (which I have had for like 3 years so I should have already known this.) Well I decided to take some progress pictures too. This is a big step I’ve barely taken any pictures since I started loosing weight and I’ve realized I should be keeping photo track of my progress. Then I took a couple of head shots for my friend. Well comparing these to my graduation photos where I was just under 300 pounds I look amazing. It made me feel really proud of myself. Also I was shocked to discover that in my pictures you can see my collar bones. I can't remember the last time you could see my collar bones.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #119  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

My NSV, both kids home today, sno day, and I still worked out, I just waited until they went to bed. Now, I'm starving and fitday says I'm a few calories shy, so I'm grabbing a few ounces of cheddar cheese. *mental note, pick up some sort of protien bar or meat for late work out nights* BUT I did it! In the past, after 8 pm, that's TV time!! Today, I knew I would have to work out late and didn't even flip through the tv guide to see what I would rather watch. YAY!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #120  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Great NSVs! I too like homemade food soooo much more than storebought!

Lifeguard - I've had a transvaginal ultrasound. I was lucky, the technician who did mine was super nice! It did not hurt me, I guess you could say it was uncomfortable but seriously I thought it was fine. The tech left the room, and asked me to undress waist down, lay on this pillow type thing (to hoist my pelvis up I think), and cover myself with that large 'paper' sheet. Then she came back, put the probe in (lots of lubrication and they only insert the tip of the probe, not the whole thing), and once that was in she would move it around occassionally, but she was sitting beside me and focusing on the computer, not my vagina

It's funny, I think I just really don't mind going for physicals and all of that - I cared with my first one but now I'm just like, whatever As long as I'm not in pain and the care provider is appropriate, it's all good
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote