New Year Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I thought it would be fun and interesting to set a challenge together. The New Year is 11 weeks away.
    With the approaching holidays, our losses are sure to slow down and we will be challenged daily with parties, goodies, gifts, and our own baking.

Let's keep our own personal goals for Halloween and Thanksgiving..they will keep us focused and SO many of you all have already reached your goals (WOOHOO).

But together..let's try to battle the weight gain everyone else faces during this time of year.

11 lbs is a very fair amount in 11 weeks. I will keep track of the losses for the next 11 weeks for the New Year Challenge in addition to the Group Losses. If you would like to join the challenge, please post your start weight here and I will do the math off of the weekly weigh ins or you can send me a PM with your losses from this date till New Years Day.

100 LB Club New Year Challenge..11 lbs Lighter

Jennifer:
    JacobsMommy:
    PNG:
    gbo:
    1fralick:
  • I'm with ya Jennifer!! That would put me at a 50 lb. loss, what a way to ring in the new year. I am doing pretty good right now, but like you said, the holidays are fast approaching.
  • I'll take you up on that one too...need to update my current weight though...I gained :-( back up to 332. I had an odd TOM though, two last month, then I started retaining water, and having PMS when it was time for it this month...weird...so hopefully as I get more water in, I'll drop these few pounds...
  • I'm up for it. I will set my goal at 276 for New years. That's 30 lbs.
    My weigh loss has been oddly slow for someone my weight. It is far from what I am accustumed to but as Long as I lose so what!
    The old bod seems slow to respond this time but I am older and a lot less active so I am just delighted to be going down, even if it is by tooth and claw. Somewhere along the line it will kick in properly and until then....I will just enjoy the ride.

So 276 by New Years!!!!
  • This is a great idea.
    I would love to be wearing a size 20 by then. I am a 22 on top and 22-24 on bottom right now depending on the cut. I am crrebtly 242# I would like to be less that 230# by then. somewhere in the 220's. SO count me in
  • Great Idea! These challenges help keep me going! My goal is to weigh 245 by New Years. Thats 13.25lbs.I also want to exerciseat least 3 times a week until then,I have been slacking off with that.
    Starting Weight for New Years Challenge 258.25

335/258.25/245
  • I always put 10 pounds on in December so I'm going to try and not do that this year hopefully.

My current weight is 242 pounds.
  • I never did say to count me in!!! so count me in on this i am at 178 right now!!!
  • I am new to this message board but am up for this New Year challenge. I had already set a goal for my self of 25 lbs. by end of year but I would be happy with 11 also. I have lost 57 lbs. so far and need to lose alot more. I am at 250 right now and I weigh in on Mondays. Good Luck to everyone!!!
  • Hi all, I love challenges!

I am currently 251 lbs (a total loss of 39lbs!) and will set my goal at 240 for January 1st, 2002. I weigh in on Mondays.

Good luck to all! We CAN do it!

- Kim
  • Yes...count me in too...

I started dieting Dec 2000 at 379 lbs.

I'm now 311 lbs.

Hopefully 300 lbs by New Years!!!
  • Susan what a great job!!!

welcome boom!!!
  • Susan Taw

That is awesome. What a successful year!!!
  • Susan- What a great success you've had!!! I know you will just as well this next year!! Congratulations!
  • I'm at 221 now so my New Year's goal is to get to 199. Haven't been that weight in several years, it would be nice to see the back of the 200's that's for sure.