Old 01-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Question What do you reward yourself with

I was just wondering what we do to reward ourselves for reaching goals? I know that I go and get my nails done or buy myself something pretty in my new size. What do you do??
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #2  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

I just answered this on another board!

Here are my goals/rewards:
270 – Get a magazine and Bubble Bath DONE!
260 – Get a new Hairstyle
250 – Paid Subscription to Live Journal
240 – Spend $30 at store of my choice – Scrapbook, Bath and body etc.
230 – Half hour massage
225 – Get Highlights/Color
220 – Buy new shorts/capris for summer
210 – Go for makeover, try new products
199 – Brighton Wallet
190 – Hour long massage
180 – New underwear, bras and a sexy nightie!
175 – Laser Hair Removal
160 - New Makeup
150 – Trip to New York, Shopping! (and a show!)

I'm so excited to reach these goals and get the rewards. I'm really having to work on not giving into my wants and getting these things early. I'm working on impulse control which have to do with food and shopping!

Christy
HottieInHiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:21 PM   #3  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Christy, great list! I may steal a few ideas.

My problem with rewards is that I usually buy what I want when I want it, so nothing is special. But these ideas are more than $$$. They make you feel better about yourself. Thanks for the ideas ladies!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #4  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyRevealed View Post
Christy, great list! I may steal a few ideas.

My problem with rewards is that I usually buy what I want when I want it, so nothing is special. But these ideas are more than $$$. They make you feel better about yourself. Thanks for the ideas ladies!

Tiffany - That's exactly my problem too, so I've had to work on not doing that. I have been restricting my purchases so that when I do reward myself it's really special. And if I find something I want, then I might add it to my reward list.

I really want a haircut, so I hope that I get my next 10 lbs soon
HottieInHiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:06 PM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I havent decided on all of my rewards, but here is what I have planned so far.

If stay on plan until Disneyworld trip (10 more days!) I get a pair of Crocs beach sandals for the trip.
For 20 pounds, new Bath & Body Works set...shower gel, lotion and spray
For 40 pounds, hot stones massage at the spa.
For 62 pounds (my halfway point) A day at the spa, with hair-cut, facial and massage.
After losing 124 (Goal!) - Lasix eye surgery and a Disney cruise.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #6  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

I always want a new mac......but when i reach my goal, a mini cooper S because big people look funny in such a little car......
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #7  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
After losing 124 (Goal!) - Lasix eye surgery and a Disney cruise.
Ooo, that's a good one. I've been thinking about getting Lasik. I might add that to my list!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #8  
Live for the Moment!

Christy - I love your list!!!

To be honest, I haven't really thought about small rewards for myself.. My big reward will be a night out with the girls wearing sexy clothes and dancin' all night long without feeling like the "big girl".

My first weight goal is for August 4th - this weekend my best gf and I are going to the Big Valley Jamboree (like the "country" version of woodstock), and camping for 3 days plus seeing some awesome concerts! So, I guess this weekend will be a big reward for me, and I want to look hot in a lil' white tank top (Dierks Bentley is playing) and cowboy hat!

But, you've inspired me to think of some smaller rewards for along the way... I'll get back to you all after I give it some thought.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #9  
loving my beautiful self

Great list. I think I might write one myself! Right now, all I can think of is CLOTHES! Lol. Especially one I hit 200 lbs or 180, when I will be able to shop in regular stores (vs. plus sized)... here I come (in the future), I'm so excited for when I will be able to do this!!!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #10  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

The rewards were that I asked my husband for when I started this journey are this:

50 lbs - new digital camera DONE

100 lbs - MP3/video player DONE

150 - new laptop

goal - trip to Paris

Since I started, I received a new laptop from work, so I really don't need or want a new personal laptop anymore, so I'm not sure what I will ask for instead. The trip to Paris still sounds like fun, but I don't think DH has saved any money for it. I may have to scale down that reward.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #11  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

I haven't rewarded myself along the way, didn't really have anything special I wanted. Last week, however, I went to a jewelry party for a friend and fell in love with a $90 bracelet. I wanted it, but didn't buy it as DD's competition season started this weekend and that always sets me back! So, when I hit goal that sucker is MINE!!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:58 PM   #12  
Go Cardinals!!

S/C/G: 276/221/150

Height: 5'6

I haven't thought about rewarding myself but this is a good idea! I love shoes, so I think I might get some new shoes every time I lose 20 pounds!!! I'm not sure yet though, I'll have to think about it!
Dragonfly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Great list girls!! I have been saving a dollar for every pound I lose now I am trying to figure out how I am going to spend it!! Also am saving the money that I used to spend on smoking every week for a year so when I add it all up it is alot of money!! I do have a few treats along the way like when I get to Onederland Mary Kay makeup and some new clothes but I would buy the clothes anyway so that isn't coming out of my new me kitty.

Last edited by DramaQueenLucy; 01-23-2007 at 07:49 AM.
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:21 AM   #14  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

I've decided for my first goal of 20 lbs that I'm going to get myself a heart monitor. I've always wanted one, and I should reach my goal right around when I receive my tax refund, so that'll be a treat for me.

I also have been wanting a Treo smartphone. Maybe I'll make that my Onederland goal. I should hit that early next year.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I've been pretty broke since I started this whole thing, so I haven't given myself any concrete rewards, though I did get a haircut a few weeks ago (I hadn't had one in about five months, so I was looking like a crazy woman). I planned to reward myself at each of my mini-goals, so I guess the haircut could be my first reward. I split my 110 pounds into quarters, and I've already hit two of them. I should've rewarded myself at the halfway point, but honestly I've always spent too much money on whatever I wanted and that's why I'm in debt and broke!

I'm keeping a chart of my weight loss and it's calculating $5 a pound every time I lose one. I told my husband he has to match the dollar amount when I hit my final goal, and I'll pay myself that amount too. Then I'm going to take all that money (it will be $1100!) and shop for clothes!!! I also told him to pay for me to get a massage, and I think he's going to!! I may do that for myself, however, if I finish the 10k in March. A massage would be a GREAT reward -- I've only had one professional massage in my life, and it was wonderful.

Lasik is a fantastic idea!! Now where am I going to get the money for all these rewards?
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote