3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   How many of us have skinny sisters? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/102358-how-many-us-have-skinny-sisters.html)

Casey4 01-18-2007 10:08 AM

Okay, I am one of five---

I have 3 sisters and a brother. My one sister is less that a year older than me and as we were growing up she was always quite thin. I was always compared unfavorabley to her. My mom had me on a diet since I was 5 or 6. Looking back I was a slightly chubby child but was never as fat as I was made to feel. My older sister could eat anything and not gain weight. However, she was more active than I was. After she had two kids she has struggled with her weight (about a size 16-18.) She now jogs 3 times a week for 4 miles and walks the other days. I'd bet she maintains a size 12 now. She watches what she eats but off and on. My brother also goes up and down--guys lose weight so much faster. My one younger sister is heavier than I am and has been for most of her adult life. I think she is terribly unhappy but she gets very upset if we discuss it with her. She says she will do something about it when she is ready. My youngest sister is the tallest and has struggled with anorexia and bulemia since HS. She was hospitalized 3 times. She has put some weight on in the last couple of years and looks a little "hippy"--maybe slightly overweight. She is getting married in the fall and is working hard to get in shape without going overboard. My parents are both overweight. My mom has type 2 diabetes and is currently doing LA weight loss. This is a legacy I do not want to continue with my four girls, but I am very careful to keep my focus on healthy eating and not dieting. I do not limit what my kids eat, but do encourage them to be active and only allow soda or sugary drinks when we are out to eat. (They know that these drinks have no nutritional value and lots of sugar.) They love swimming and the outdoors so I think that helps!

Lovestorun 01-18-2007 10:48 AM

I have a younger sister 3 years younger. We both along with our parents all live in the SAME neighborhood (can you believe that?) well growing up my sister was heavier than me. After two kids I got all the way up to 185 and finally did something about it, my sister has one child and is overweight. We used to talk almost everyday but since I started losing weight I very rarly speak to her it is sooooo sad cause we literally live right around the corner from eachother!!!! I even run passed her house and our parents house every single day. I am close with our parents and so is she we are polite to eachother when we do see eachother but I always feel like she is looking at me and hating me for what I have achived. I really wish things were different. I would love to maybe try to help her but, she is so stand-offish.

Believe it or not I also have a sister-in-law (husband's sister) who also lives in our neighborhood and she has always been rail thin (she has admitted to starving herself) They used to invite us over to swim and cookout every single Sunday- Now since I have lost the weight they hardly ever ask us over- I think it somehow helped her feel better about herself seeing me very uncomfortable in a bathing suit and now she maybe afraid of the fact that I can now pull off a bikini! No I don't know it is all just so sad- can't figure it out. :?:

Butterfly50 01-18-2007 11:24 AM

OMG I was jest sitting here thinking of this same thing. My Mother had 12 Children and I am number 8 in the 7 Before me Only one is over weight. In the 4 Under me only 1 is over weight. It is weird It goes 5,5,2 Their is one in the first 5 One in the second 5 and 1 in the last 2. I sit here and think Why does it have to be me why cant it be one of my other sisters.

zoritsa 01-18-2007 11:24 AM

I have one sister,3 1/2 years younger then me,who...as others,is the thin one.She seems to take after my Dad's(all tall and thin) side of the family,and I take after my Mother's(all heavy).She is struggling with her weight now after two kids,but still far skinnier then me.We're close though and I'd support her in trying to lose...now my sister-in-law....thats another story.

shelby897 01-18-2007 01:14 PM

My mother jokes that she's lost 400 lbs in her life, but hasn't been thin the 36 years I've known her. When I was thin for five years, she seemed annoyed with me -- I guess our families all think everyone has their "place" and we are just messing it up by becoming the "skinny" sister's too!! Well, I say too bad, they will get over it - to everyone who's lost a close relationship with a family member because of your weight loss -- it's not your problem, it's theirs! I dieted with my mother for years -- went to WW in high school with her but when I was losing but she wasn't we quit going. And, my lovely father-in-law bought me a set of scales for Christmas last year -- so I guess that tells me what they talk about when I'm not around!!!

boiaby 01-18-2007 01:40 PM

I have one skinny brother. I've often joked that he got all the good family genes and I got the leftovers. Growing up, he was always good looking and popular and I was, well, Greg's fat little sister. Most people couldn't even believe we were related upon meeting me since we are so totally opposite. Oh well, what else can we do but work with what we've got, right? Plus, I could mention that he's developed at bit of a belly and he's going bald on top, but that would be mean so I won't. :devil: :D Teehee, oh, did IIIII say that? :p

Beverly

IwannaLoseIt 01-18-2007 01:43 PM

I have two sisters: one is 4.5 years younger and the other is 3 years older. The older one is skinny and the younger one weighs about the same as I do. I've never really been "jealous" of my older sister but I have thought sometimes "man,I wish I could wear THAT!" referring to an article of clothing of hers. I'm trying to get my little sister to lose weight with me. We're both on our way!:)

SuchAPrettyFace 01-18-2007 02:18 PM

My (step)sister is 5 years younger & has always been the skinny one. We are polar opposites. I was editor of the school newspaper, think Janeane Garofalo's character in Romy & Michele's HS Reunion. My sister was Homecoming Queen.

She has always been a normal size, and I have always been plus size. I was never made to feel different. She even came with when I shopped for my Prom dress, and helped pick things out.

She eats pretty "normal", sometimes fast food, sometimes a chicken caesar salad, but I know she works out regularly. We have different genetics, but also different lifestyles.

I think no matter what I will always be the "bigger" sister since I am 5 foot 7 and she is 5 foot 5 & rather petite. My goal weight is only 180, which I think is a good 40 pounds heavier than she is at her "normal" weight. (She just had a baby.)

It'll be interesting to see us next to each other when I get to goal. She's gorgeous, the kind of girl you would love to hate if she weren't so darn sweet! :lol:

Jen415 01-18-2007 03:14 PM

Ok, get this....

I have a TWIN sister who is 5'2" and about 120 lbs. I'm 5' 6" and....NOT 120 lbs. She definitely got my mom's genes, and I got my dads...

Growing up I had two brothers and two sisters, all who were average weight. Then there's me....needness to say I was a target for them all (my mom included).

Fast forward to today: now ALL my siblings (with the exception of my petite twin) are all overweight. Karma? Maybe.....;)

jmacway 01-18-2007 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a twin sister that is skinny as a rail. She is so thin that she does not look healthy to me, we have been total opposites all our lives. In the picture sister is on the left, I am on the right. I also have 2 younger sisters that are thinner than me. Both my parents are tall slender people too. I think I take after my great grandpa, weight wise. I had a lady come up to me that I have nver met before and tell me I looked just like Lewis Mattice (my great grandpa) Sort of blew me away. The picture is from 1.5 years ago when we celebrated our 50th birthday. I don't fit into that shirt anymore.

rockinrobin 01-19-2007 01:04 AM

Man, those twin sister's being so thin has GOT to be rough. I can't even imagine it. My heart goes out to you . :hug: