Star magazine...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ok, Today was a strange day, to start my Dad married Johnny Depp's Mom Way back in 1986, so i was going through some of my dads old stuff(he passed 4 years ago) and i find all these tapes of Johnny....his Bday party etc....he was doing Jump street at the time...so I called some collectors i know....low and behold Star magazine calls me and want the tapes...Nothing bad on them at all,,,a belly dancer Etc.....ok now they want to buy them......

So i guess i will have my 15 minutes of fame...LOL
  • Wow!
    Were they married all the way until your Dad passed away?

Linda
  • No did not last that long.......early 90"s the were divorced...My Dad was married 10 times....ughhhhhhhhhh
  • How fascinating! You should hold out and see if you can get some other interested buyers, and have a bidding war. Maybe try ebay!
  • Well I am going to sell the usage rights...the original copy yhey said they could fix me up with a man who does this for a living.......just want to know how much.....better then sitting in a box for years..LOL
  • That is cool. What a find. I really like his acting.
  • Wow, that's very cool.
    Do you think Johnny might want them? I would have offered them to him first before selling them.
  • Quote: Wow, that's very cool.
    Do you think Johnny might want them? I would have offered them to him first before selling them.
    I did that many years back when he owned the Viper room....However you never returned my calls.....
  • I would contact a famous show, such as Inside Edition, or Entertainment Tonight, and let them know what you have, etc. and tell them what Star offered you...and get the most for your money! Don't take the first offer, even if it's good.
  • Agreed--if Johnny doesn't want them, get the most out of them that you can!!
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny thought you were some kind of nut when you first contacted him way back when. I'll bet he gets all kinds of calls like that. Is his mom still alive? I would be calling her first and asking her if she wants the tapes back. They are probably actually her tapes anyway, she probably just didn't get them when she and your dad got divorced, overlooked or something especially if they've been buried in a box. Sorry to be the odd one out here but if it were me I wouldn't sell them. Heaven knows if someone had some tapes of me from 20 years ago I wouldn't want them to be spread over Entertainment Tonight even if they were relatively harmless.
  • Quote: I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny thought you were some kind of nut when you first contacted him way back when. I'll bet he gets all kinds of calls like that. Is his mom still alive? I would be calling her first and asking her if she wants the tapes back. They are probably actually her tapes anyway, she probably just didn't get them when she and your dad got divorced, overlooked or something especially if they've been buried in a box. Sorry to be the odd one out here but if it were me I wouldn't sell them. Heaven knows if someone had some tapes of me from 20 years ago I wouldn't want them to be spread over Entertainment Tonight even if they were relatively harmless.

I have thought of that,,,,,but he would have known by what i said,,,,,his mom is not living near me anylonger...... they only have rights to the tape for a few weeks and i can do what i want with it,,,,,,,,,yea but when you are a star,,that is the price you pay...........
  • Quote: I would contact a famous show, such as Inside Edition, or Entertainment Tonight, and let them know what you have, etc. and tell them what Star offered you...and get the most for your money! Don't take the first offer, even if it's good.
    they only get them for 30 days........after that i can sell it or whatever....
  • Well obviously you are going to do what you want though I disagree with what you say about being a star. I don't think these people set out to have their private lives fodder for every magazine and tv show out there, they wanted to be actors and that doesn't mean that they have to share every little thing going on in their lives with everyone else. Frankly for the life of me I don't know why anyone would want to see stuff like that anyway but that is me, I'm just not into the whole world of celebrity.

It's funny because my husband and I have had this discussion about being rich and famous, I'd take the rich part but there is no way in the world I'd want to be famous.
  • I agree with you Jen. I feel bad for anyone who is a celeb. If I was them, I wouldn't want any personal photos or videos taken ever because who knows where they may wind up? I know they enjoy being actors but from what I've seen, they don't enjoy the aspects of having to share every moment in the past, present and future with people they don't even know. I saw the other link where this was posted and I couldn't even watch the video, it did feel like it was a bit too personal and I feel bad for him that it is out there.