Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #1  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Lots more space in my suitcase!

Hi All!

I'm heading to spend a week with my mom starting this weekend and decided to start packing today. I found that I can fit a whole lot more clothes in my suitcase these days because my 14-16 sweaters and my size 18 pants take up a LOT less room than my 3x tops and size 24 jeans used to take!

See? There's yet ANOTHER benefit of losing weight...More room to put a larger assortment of clothes in the suitcase...and I LOVE having lots of clothes to choose from! I NEVER pack light!!!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #2  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Another bonus, I have not even thought of! Have fun with mom.
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #3  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense!!!

Once we're skinny-minnies, we'll have LESS LOADS OF LAUNDRY to do as well!!!! score!!!

hmmm... i've been living healthy for 4 days, I guess I'm a little ahead of myself
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #4  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Cheryl, hmmm, I never even thought of that! I have a long weekend trip planned each month between now and summer (DD is a competion dancer, and the season begins next week), I'm sort of anxious to pack up a suitcase now! Have fun with your Mom, and keep making those great choices while you're away!

Trazey, less laundry? WOO HOO!!!! I hadn't thought of that either! All these wonderful incentives! And no, you are NOT getting ahead of yourself! It's the things like that that we look forward to that help to keep us on track some days! Four days in, you're over half way through with your first week, and I think that's the toughest time of all. Hang in there!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #5  

Wow, I never thought of that. When I packed my hospital bag to have my son 8 months ago I was upset by how little I could fit into my smaller rolling suitcase too. Wow, just another great thing to look forward to. Woohoo!!
melissalaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #6  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Thumbs up Good Job Cheryl!!!

Has your mom seen you since you've lost all the weight? It will be fun to see her, won't it? Have fun.

Kathy
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Cheryl -- I've noticed that too. I can either fit more clothes in the suitcase, or take a smaller suitcase.

My clothes fit better on hangers too!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

And I have soooo much more space in my dresser drawers. My sweaters take up so much less room. Allright, I've confessed to everything else here, so I'll just go right on and say it - My underwear drawer is so much more spacious as well, you know, smaller underwear, smaller bras. Stuff I hadn't even thought of. Life altering I tell you, it's truly a life altering experience. Up and down the board.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Oh my, yes, my bras are SOOOO much smaller. It's a little sad, in a way, about the bras, but I'm getting over it. But I look at one at a store and think "no way that fits" but it does!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #10  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Here is something else about clothes that no longer fit....Insteed of giving then to goodwill or others, please contact a Nursing Home....many people who are in nursing homes dont have anyone to buy them clothes, so they are in gowns...When My Dad passed the tip was given to me, and soooo many people now have a few outfits....

Maybe someday I can use my purse as a suitcase??? LOL
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:40 AM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hey this is great. I never had really thought about it. But, I do fit more pairs of my jeans in the washer than I used to. That saves money too. My undie things drawer is more crowded than ever, as I found I love "pretty lingerie" now and can't resist buying it. My bras are also much smaller now and that is fine with me. I actually love having a smaller chest.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #12  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

But wait till to start buying more clothes......
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Keeping in mind I still have lots of weight to lose, I've gone down from a 44DD to a 38 D and now that is getting loose on me. But funny enough I look bigger, way bigger in fact then I used to. I've lost so much around my upper middle, my waist, that the boobs stand out much more. But I wouldn't mind if I stopped losing in the boob department. But whatever it is, is is. I sure hope Howie's not reading this.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

To think, I used to complain about being a 36B...now, at 42DD...I'm miserable. Can I just say.....they get in my way! I hope to lose a lot there. But, we can't really choose where it comes off, can we?

My hubby and I both have 2-3 'stages' of clothes in our drawers....you know...the 'fat' clothes and the 'getting there' clothes and the 'there' clothes? I really need to purge as I know I won't wear all of those 'there' clothes when I get there! Talk about looking your age! I'd look like I stepped right out of the 80's!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #15  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

It's totally true, about the clothes taking up less space. I have also noticed this and it's fabulous.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote