3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   the whole town watching after weight loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/101674-whole-town-watching-after-weight-loss.html)

wchs2007 01-09-2007 02:03 PM

the whole town watching after weight loss

Hey
I have mixed emotions !!!!!!!!!
When I first started this journey last Feb. 2006 I knew my weight was in the 260's.. That was on my old house scales..
My weight at the gym was much higher (291).. Well as of yesterday I have lost 100 lbs ( going by the gym scales)
My house scales I still like about 2 lbs.. but I will go by the gym scales since they are newer and better than my house scales..
Ladies.. It feels so good to know that 100 lbs is gone. Yet so scary.. I have done this before ... I thought I would have never gained it back..
But I did...I got pregnant and little by little I had it all back on...

When you have lost a lot of weight people watch you.. I can not eat out in town with out someone saying Boy you look good.. now don't gain it back!
Did you have the weight loss surgery ?
No I did not have the weight loss surgery My insurance would not pay for it..
Its really a never ending comment... Small town life I guess.. Its like having your family over for Christmas all year long... You know that family member that always talks about how slim they are compared to the rest of the world..:devil:
I guess since I have lost 100 lbs before and gained it back I feel the whole town is watching ( maybe taking bets to see if I will do it again):?:
Just need to vent today I guess....

boaterswife 01-09-2007 02:15 PM

First, congratulations on the awesome weight loss!!! That is a major accomplishment and you should be so proud!

Second, on the town, yes, maybe some are watching, maybe some arent. But you know what? You went down that road....PAST TENSE...you learned from the experience, and you now have to tools to maintain this fabulous new body! I have NO DOUBT that you'll do great!

lilybelle 01-09-2007 02:18 PM

You are not alone in this. I also live in a small town. Feels like everyone is watching me to see if I'll gain it back. I have even had people come up to my DH and ask "why are you two eating here,, it's fattening". Urggggh. Many times, I wanted to say " just watch what you eat, that's all that matters, not what I eat". In our small hometown cafe, I ordered a bowl of Oats one time . The cook even came out and asked if I really wanted it and informed me they were high in carbs. I explained that I'm on maintenance and do eat them twice a week. I wanted to say "mind your own business and cook my darn Oats". On the other hand, it is kind of good to know people are watching, makes me just that much more determined to maintain and not gain any weight.

rockinrobin 01-09-2007 02:38 PM

Congratulations on 100 lbs. lost!!! That is awesome.

I could definitely see where it would bother you to have the whole town watching over you. Try to look at it as neighborly concern. Or perhaps a "watch I'll show them that I can keep it off" attitude isn't the worst thing in the world either. Although of course it is no one's darn business what you do or don't eat. I would think (and hope) that people's interest in your menu will eventually die down. Meanwhile bask in your wonderful achievement!!!!

Monkeybabies 01-09-2007 07:33 PM

Congrats on loosing 100 lbs.

NESunshine 01-09-2007 08:32 PM

wow! 100lbs! That is so great, congratulations. I don't know what I would do if I lived in a small town and had everyone watching me. Makes me thankful that I don't even so much as know my neighbors names!

Penney 01-09-2007 08:50 PM

100 pounds - That is wonderful!!!

I don't live in a small town - but I have co-workers that since they found out that I was diabetic and that I quit smoking - they have taken it upon themselves to be my coach/cheering section/monitors. (I silently count, thank them for their concern and SMILE) Just try to take it with a grain of salt and like Robin said it will eventually quiet down.

Anyways- just enjoy your achievement - don't let "Nosy Nellies" bring you down. You did it - and that is outstanding!!!

melissalaurel 01-09-2007 09:16 PM

Wow! Congrats on loosing the weight for the second time. You are a true inspiration. I'm sorry people can be so darn rude. It really isn't any of their business. (((Hugs)))

KnitALisa 01-09-2007 09:25 PM

Congrats on your big loss!!

I can totally relate. I live in a fairly small town and it seems like everyone knows I'm losing weight. Puts a little more pressure on...

Lifeguard 01-09-2007 10:15 PM

Congrats! 100lbs is very exciting!

I also can relate to the everyone watching thing. Although I have been fortunate enough to not have too many comments made right to my face. It's all behind my back - lol.

Good luck - I'm sure your maintenance will go better this time.

okiechick 01-09-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wchs2007 (Post 1524105)
Did you have the weight loss surgery ?
No I did not have the weight loss surgery My insurance would not pay for it..
Its really a never ending comment... Small town life I guess..

I live in a small town too, but I haven't lost 100 lbs (yet). I think at this point I would have a t-shirt made up with "yes I HAVE lost alot of weight" on the front and on the back
no surgery
no pills
just me and a healthy plan
PS I want in on the bets!

Bet on yourself to keep the weight off forever, at least then you would have a monetary reward for staying healthy as well as a physical on.;)
Small towns, wouldn't trade the lifestyle for the biggest penthouse in NY but they definately come with challenges. They are just jealous (snd some are probably genuinely happy for you and proud of you)
Most importantly, you should be proud of yourself! WOW 100lbs!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!

wchs2007 01-09-2007 11:17 PM

Thanks you all... I really like the t -shirt idea..
If really felt good tonight walking into our high school basketball game in a size 14 jeans.. Last year it was a 24/26...
Thanks you all.. You really helped me today...