3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What's your all-time high weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/101461-whats-your-all-time-high-weight.html)

MaWhit 01-07-2007 06:34 PM

What's your all-time high weight?

That number you were shocked to see
That brought you to reality
The highest weight you've ever been
The weight you'll never be again :D

CyberGypsy 01-07-2007 07:38 PM

220.......even at 5"8 that alot for me....

MaWhit 01-07-2007 07:43 PM

260 At 5'7".

Sheila53 01-07-2007 07:50 PM

The highest I know about (didn't have a scale) is 261 at my first Weight Watcher weigh-in. I'm 5'9" tall.

KateRN 01-07-2007 08:04 PM

my size 18s were tight.... 220+

nelie 01-07-2007 08:09 PM

One thing that brought me to reality was the day that my size 28 jeans were tight and I went shopping for size 30 and 32. Scary days

melissalaurel 01-07-2007 08:12 PM

232lbs @ 5'2", a size 22

Celestyna 01-07-2007 08:30 PM

My highest was 238.
I have been watching it climb for years and am sort of desensitized to it in a way. But when I was truckdriving to pay off my house for a year, I rarely looked at a scale except for a month before I quit.
When I saw the weight on a bathroom scale at a friends' party, I pretty much resigned right then and there to do quit my lifestyle.
At every weight I'd been, people always tell me how fabulous I look, etc.
But I can honestly say at that weight and fitness level (I tend to think I looked bigger than the scale read that time due to lack of any toning), I got very few compliments that week back home in the "real world".

So I came off the truck, came back home, didn't really consciously excercize, just did stuff with friends and generally caused trouble around town and at work, but managed to get down to in my 210's within 4 months. Then started consciously excercising at the gym when my little sister wanted me to go on an island vacation with her. got down to 206, felt good there, but somehow within the last two months I've just totally ignored that and gone up to 219.

So I sort of had two awakenings.
Mine's sort of a slow process as I've been fat my whole adult life, so these epiphanies don't really happen.

This board's the first time I've seen so many stories from chicks like me, but ones who are actually not just complaining about it or *****ing about the worlds' perception of us, but rather focusing on internal change.

RememberHowToSmile 01-07-2007 08:32 PM

300 pounds. I went to the doctor for PCOS and they print a discharge summary telling you diagonis, what to do next, what test are order, ect and it had added condition OBESITY. That was the day I started this journey!

108tolose 01-07-2007 08:35 PM

I was 318 when I left the hospital after having my 2nd child. When she was a year old I was 280-something I think.

KnitALisa 01-07-2007 08:51 PM

235 and I'm 5'3. Never, never, never again! I don't know if the number scared me so much as finally realizing how big I was (and still am, but smaller now!). I didn't know my body, it was covered in stretch marks, big ugly red ones on my super-white body. Looked like I had been attacked by a cat or something! Ugh. Never again!

Quote:

This board's the first time I've seen so many stories from chicks like me, but ones who are actually not just complaining about it or *****ing about the worlds' perception of us, but rather focusing on internal change.
For real!

Trazey34 01-07-2007 08:54 PM

5'8 and 317 holy CRAP i've never told anyone but you guys that!

boaterswife 01-07-2007 08:57 PM

246 at 5'4.5".....size 20 jeans, 22 dress pants....YIKES!

lilybelle 01-07-2007 09:05 PM

237 lbs. was my highest known weight at 5'7.

108tolose 01-07-2007 09:12 PM

I haven't ever told anyone either!

howie6267 01-07-2007 09:18 PM

490 is my highest.
I'll never see 300 again.

Redeemed 01-07-2007 09:21 PM

I can't believe that I am comfortable saying this... but 262 was my highest in August of 06'. I am 5'11.

I don't even tell my husband how much I weigh :o

Paborsky 01-07-2007 10:08 PM

I started my healthy lifestyle on March 17, 2005, and my weight then was 307..size 26..5'5"

That's somewhere that I will NEVER go again.

HarpoChicoGroucho 01-07-2007 11:11 PM

Like Michelle, 307 ~ in a tight size 26 and 3X shirts. I WILL NEVER be that weight again. Never never never.

shrinkingchica 01-07-2007 11:23 PM

The weight on my ticker tells it all. I treasure every lb lost from that on downward. 121 and counting..........

Lifeguard 01-08-2007 12:41 AM

5'9" - 283lbs - ugh!

EnglishMuffin 01-08-2007 05:23 AM

Wow Howie that's incredible! Many congratulations on your hard work to lose so much weight.

My highest weight was around 329 - probably higher. But it wasn't until both my parents died (neither made it to retirement age) that reality set in that I might be following them quite soon.

EM

rockinrobin 01-08-2007 06:17 AM

Good question, can't give you an accurate number. I didn't go on a scale for almost 15 years. Then when I finally decided to do something about my enormous self, (I didn't need a scale to tell me I was morbidly obese), I went for a physical - scary day. Time to step on the scale. I was literally shaking, wasn't sure what it was going to say 300? more? And it said 287 pounds. You know like the weight of 6 ft 8 in. professional NFL defensive linemen. Oh right, even they don't weigh that much. Oh and did I mention I'm only 5 feet tall. Oh well.

jillybean720 01-08-2007 06:36 AM

I'm 5'5", and the highest I've known about was 310.5. However, I still fit into my size 22 pants at that time--I seem to be in a 22 pants anywhere from 310 down to 260 (don't remember being below 260 ever in my adult life, so we'll see if it finally starts going down after that point :dizzy: ).

Cheryl14 01-08-2007 07:52 AM

My highest was 275. I'm 5'6". I KNOW that one of the reasons I ballooned up to that from the 160 I was when I was married was because I stopped weighing myself regularly. I now weigh myself every morning. Yes, I KNOW that everyone says NOT to do that, but for me it is a CONSTANT DAILY REMINDER to never let those high numbers come again into my life!

I'm a GREAT maintainer, BUT my goal is to get to ONEderland now. That is proving to be much more challenging. My body seems to LOVE weighing 210!:?:

Good luck to all!

Cheryl

sept15lija 01-08-2007 08:29 AM

I'm not really sure, but I think it was around 280-290. I was in a size 26 pants, got a size 26 wedding dress, this was 5 years ago. That seems about right because looking at pictures between myself at 260 (when I started this time - oh, and BTW, this is the LAST time) and when I got married, I think 20-30 lbs extra looks about right. I'm only 5'4". Never again!

kaclimer 01-08-2007 08:52 AM

I can't believe I am posting this on a message board. My husband hasn't known my weight in YEARS. But my highest was 280. That is what kicked my butt into high gear! I am 5'8" and wear a size 24 jeans. And the madness stops here!

Kim

barbygirl43 01-08-2007 10:59 AM

Mine was 317 when I found out I was PG with my 2nd. I'm 5'5" (although if I get rid of my shelf butt I may go back up to 5'6" :D)

GirlyGirlSebas 01-08-2007 11:32 AM

My highest weight that shocked me...brought me to reality...and I'll never ever see again........ta da...264 at 5'7"and half...:sp:

Leygh 01-08-2007 11:44 AM

225 but i think i was 230 at one point. and im 5'7 3/4''.

MissMichellelynn 01-08-2007 11:47 AM

Ugh

275 when 9 months pregnant. I lost all of it, all the way down to 178.

10 years and another baby, my highest non pregnant weight was 248.

cinderly 01-08-2007 09:43 PM

274 at 5' 4.5". That translates to tight 22W (gotta squeeze into the control-top pantyhose so I don't have to replace ALL my work clothes) or lose 24W (I like my jeans comfy - to the point of not needing to unbutton them to take them off, so I constantly look rumpled when I wear them. So hot!).

When I realized I weighed MORE THAN the Other Human, I cried. The only other time I've cried over the number on a scale was after my first Weight Watchers meeting. (268, which was the highest weight I'd been at the time.)

WindyCityChick 01-08-2007 09:54 PM

I don't think I weighed myself for years while I was in denial...but once I faced the reality of my problem, my weigh in showed 275 at 5'7". Never want to see that again - I look at my scale and take great joy in the distance between the current numbers and the past. (Now if I can just get myself out of the "twos" and into "onederland")

famograham 01-09-2007 02:56 PM

My highest weight is right now :cry:
I weighed the other day, and it was 239.

Just horrid :no:
I'm five foot nothing.

Linda

OK Lizzy 01-09-2007 03:21 PM

My highest (that I know of) was 200. Unfortunately, just "seeing" that number did not serve as a catalyst to get me up and moving -- I stayed at that weight for several years, pigging out literally every night in front of the TV -- never even acknowledged to my husband that I was fat, and certainly didn't tell him my actual weight!

NESunshine 01-09-2007 04:33 PM

My highest recorded weight was when I started posting here in November and that was 238...though I'm sure it got up into the 240s for a while and I'm about 5'4". It was really a spiral of events over the past year that brought me to realize it just had to change or I would probably manage to kill myself by the time I turned 30. I had gained 30lbs in just under a year and was living off burritos, Chinese takeout and wine. I will never go back to that again...I like the direction the scale is going much better now not to mention being without a daily hangover!

Unlike most people I have come to be ok with publicly admitting my weight in most situations (although I would die before I told my mother the actual numbers). About half way through grad school (year and 1/2 ago) I always found myself in some sort of half-a**ed attempt at trying to lose weight... none of which ever stuck and I would always end up in conversations with thin girlfriends about food and weight etc. I got so sick of them telling me that I looked fine, and that I wasn't fat blah blah blah...and really they were either trying to be extremely nice or were completely blind. I got fed up with them guessing that I weighed 180lbs....it wasn't getting me anywhere except to continue lying to myself about my weight and ordering another drink and round of nachos... so one day I spit it out....you would have thought I'd told them I'd killed their dogs... you could hear their jaws hit the sidewalk! I've said it out loud a lot since then and it is so difficult to say but also makes me face it. I frame it differently now...for instance when I'm talking to coworkers etc I'll say '2lbs down.....80 more to go....so no I don't need anything from Maggiano's for lunch' and they'll go 80...are you crazy...and I'll say 'no I'm very serious' ... then they get it and lay off.

One thing I've found that is working for me is that by saying it outloud I in some way own it...every lb, inch, bad habit, bad judgment......I'm owning it, recognizing it and consciously changing it.

jmacway 01-09-2007 09:54 PM

270 at 5'6"

lessofsarahtolove 01-09-2007 10:55 PM

284 was my highest. In 8 months, through healthy changes, a positive approach and a **** of a lot of discipline, I managed to lose 78 pounds, getting down to 206 -- then I got diagnosed with cancer (Hodgkins Disease, a form of lymphoma) and after 6 months of heavy chemo (read: inactivity) and steroids I'd gotten back up to about 230-235, if memory serves. After treatment's end I gave two earnest efforts to lose again; unfortunately no matter what I did, nothing came off, so I got demotivated. Turns out it's extremely difficult to lose for a while after ending treatment for some very straightforward physiological reasons, and this was perfectly normal. So sad that I took it to heart! :halffull: Over the next year, I put on another 10-15 pounds, ending up at 245 when I found out that my cancer had returned. That meant I was headed for a stem cell transplant (a type of bone marrow transplant) which was going to be sure ****, with no taste buds and skank mouth for a couple of months -- and it only had a 50% chance of curing me. So in a state of fear and dread, and in an unspoken sort of spirit of "this is my last supper!" I ate really irresponsibly for the three months leading up to my transplant. (It's a process, with a couple of months of chemo, then radiation, some other transplant-related stuff, and then you go in the hospital for a month, followed by a year of recuperation and many long-term effects.) By the time I was admitted, I was up to 266. :eek: How depressed do you think I was??? :cry: The good news is that the transplant and it's aftermath took 30 pounds off me in pretty short order (gotta love the silver lining, eh?? Even if it's a hellish process.) Then I regained 5 -- and now this last week -- my first week back on plan -- I lost those.

So that's my tale of woe. ;) The first gain (from the steroids) I don't own. The second? Absolutely. And my learning from this experience? I've learned that even if I was happy living on plan (and I WAS) I hadn't yet fully learned not to consider food a reward. I knew it when I was healthy and on plan, but when the bleep hit the fan and I was faced with a life or death situation, I somehow reverted back to a place where I thought it was ok to just eat whatever I wanted, with no thought to the consequences. I regret it, but what are you going to do? You just have to look within that regret for the learning and leave the pain of it behind, taking with you only that which is helpful and productive. It's hard, but it's possible.

So I guess that was the long answer. ;) The short answer? 284.