A New Year, a renewed committment

• Hello all...

Just want to re-introduce myself. According to my avatar, I have been a member of 3 fat chicks since February 2003...about two months after my youngest son was born. But, I have been fighting the battle of the bulge for much longer than 4 years. I have been lurking on the boards for months, and it is time I reappear and start to participate again.

I am a 30 year old, married, SAHM of two boys ages 6 and 4. I am at my highest weight ever. The weight is really catching up with me...and it is imperative that I change my ways.

One of my girlfriends invited me to join a weight loss challenge that include a circle of people. It starts January 8th and it runs until July...and there is $$$$ involved. That is a huge motivator. I think it is the kick start that I need, even if it is a friendly challenge...hehehhehehehe

This website is a huge support for me...and has really worked for me in the past. It gives me the discipline that I need...and also knowing there are others like me.

I have had success with The South Beach Diet...it makes me feel good, and it is something that I can stick with. I also started to read "You on a diet". Like many others, l I consider myself very well read on this particular subject, I just need to start using all of this knowlege and put the tools into practice.

Looking foward to the new year, new beginings and a renewed sense of spirit!
  • Hi Gina! I'm newly "back" to the board too, also at my highest weight after just having had a baby 3 weeks ago. I think that's great that you've found a longer-term weightloss challenge - that would motivate me too!
  • Nice to "meet you" Gina. I'm looking forward to traveling with you in 2007 as we both work toward attaining our respective goals.

BTW, good luck on the weight loss challege for $$.
  • Hi Monkeybabies, welcome back to the forum. That weightloss challenge sounds like fun!!! I wish we had something like that around here. Good luck to you. Looking forward to getting to know you.

And congratulations to Raelynn on the birth of a baby!!!!
  • Welcome back, Gina!
  • Welcome Back Gina, I just came back myself! Good luck on your $$$ challenge!
  • Hi Gina. I'm glad you came back and I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I'm also doing Southbeach.