Old 01-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #61  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi everybody!

I still am doing well on the food front and lousy on the exercise front. Gah! Why is that such a mental block for me?? And not meeting my commitments to exercise makes me feel crappy about myself. So the result is that I don't want to make the commitment. Which means I'm giving myself an excuse not to exercise. Defeated before I've even begun! Dumb. I have no sense of personal responsibility there.

Anyway, busy day ahead so I have to go. Let's just be pleasantly surprised if I exercise...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #62  

My goals for today are
1. stay within my point range
2. not obsess about what I'm not eating
3. drink more water
4. get to bed earlier
melissalaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:50 AM   #63  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hello, Everyone! Its a beautiful sunny morning here in Florida and I'm actually up early enough to enjoy it. I had a really good nights sleep. I think the daily exercise is really helping.

CC - I'm sending big hugs your way You sound so discouraged. Please try to remember...we are retraining our thinking after years of bad habits. This is no easy thing and will take time. I know this has become such a cliche', but we need to take this journey one day at a time. Each day is a new day with a new commitment. Forget about yesterday...and all of the days before...and move forward. I have fought depression for years. One of the main things I've learned through counseling is to practice positive self talk....to focus on the positive things and to never put myself down. This really does make a big difference in how I view life. You have lost 29 lbs. This is a major accomplishment! This makes you a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today's commitments -
1) Water, water, water - at least 8 glasses
2) No sugar!
3) WATP dvd - 3 mile workout
4) Have another birthday party. This one is for my nephew. I'm sure there will be cake and ice cream...maybe even pizza, chips & dip etc. I plan on eating before we go and concentrating on socializing while bypassing the food.
Did pretty good on yesterdays commitments. Didnt have any sugar and did my WATP workout. Almost didnt work out as I was running late on my day and feeling pretty sluggish....but, I forced myself to do it and felt so energetic afterwards. Didnt get in 8 glasses of water. This seems like the easiest one of my commitments, but it has turned out to be one of my roughest ones! Posted in NSV thread about the birthday party. I did great! Stuck with my plan.

Today's commitments -
1)Water, water, water.
2)Exercise - if not too hot, will do my 40min walk. Otherwise, WATP dvd
3)Eat mini meals throughout the day. I sometimes forget to eat on schedule on the weekends and end up starving at night and overeating.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:15 AM   #64  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
- Drink lots of water
- GO TO THE GYM (they have child care from 9-12 today, so I'll get that done early)
- No grazing. Try to limit the kids' grazing.
- Eat B, L, D, and 2 snacks. I NEED the calories!
I only ate 1 snack. Other than that I did very well. I went to the gym and spent 40 minutes on the treadmill - didn't even realize it had been that long (good magazine). The gym doesn't have child care today and my husband is working so I'm not going to be able to go. (Victory - I did go every day this week possible!) After my husband gets home I might go for a walk (if it isn't raining again) while he watches the kids. (Kids + walk = no exercise and total frustration!!) If I don't get to walk today, I'm not beating myself up, it's ok to take one day off a week!

My commitments today:
- drink water
- no grazing!
- eat 2 snacks
(and totally not weight loss related, but maybe if I write them down I'll get it done!)
- WASH CLOTHES, pack the girls' clothes and start packing for my trip on Tuesday.
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #65  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

I know I haven't been keeping up and posting my daily commitments, but I have been doing them. Since starting back to work, life has been back to being busy, busy, busy.

For today:
>Water, water and more water.
>Eat and snack right.
>Try to get some form of exercise. Rainy day today. Put in Richard Simmons?!?
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies,
Doin good....did good yesterday, still on track for today. I'm going to post some photos on the mini goals thread but I thought I'd share the link of the slide show here since this is where I post regularly. There are no photos of me since I've lost my first 20lbs but this is sort of my gain progression over the past few years. The oldest is the me in France photo... I'm at about 190lbs of solid alpine hiking muscle there (Fall 2002)....the newest are of me in London (Mdm. Tussuad's) just this past summer. I have to get a new camera before I can do new photos which won't be for another month or so but they are coming.

Today...
1. go to the gym
2. do some abs at home (I'm still to embarassed to do abs at the gym...so they get neglected!)
3. do some weight training today too
4. 1600 calories... I did it yesterday I can do it today

Slideshow Link, just click resume and it will run through the slideshow.
http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p...sed&interval=3
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #67  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning;

I'm new to all this and hope you don't mind if I jump on the band wagon. I need help. I am as heavy as I have ever been in my life, UGH!! I started doing 100 crunches and leg lifts every day and am working on a more nutritious, less sugary diet, <sniffle> OK so I figured out you can eat 24 M&M's for 105 calories. Chocolate is my downfall!! Just don't think about those M&M's and all will be well.

I have been drinking LOTS of water this past week and have definitely decreased the sugar. More fruits and veggies, higher protien and good carbs. So this week I am going to walk, or get on my bike or treadmill, something for at least 30 minutes every day . . . I just hope my legs don't fall off.

Well I hope that I can help you all and vice versa. I need someone to keep me in line . . .

Everyone have a GREAT Sunday!!

S. Diane
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5 feet 1 inch (in shoes)

Good Morning All!
Yesterday was good. I didn't get on the treadmill. My jello arm and rebeling legs were not very cooperative. Rather like kids throwing a tantrum because mommy is making them do something that is good for them.
CC- you have made great progress and have taken difficult steps to becoming a healthier person. Don't judge yourself so harshly about not staying with your exercise commitments, we all have the ones we are struggling with. Please don't feel that anyone on here is any less proud of your accomplishments because you are struggling in this one area. If anything, you are my hero for being honest about it. It is one of the areas I have great difficulty with too and it is nice to know I am not alone. I have an exercise buddy and she helps me by calling and making sure I know she went to aerobics and I better get myself on that treadmill. It really helps. I will be strong enough to join her classes soon I hope.

Today I will
* start with a larger healthy breakfast and eat a smaller dinner (stay with in calories)
* walk with son in mountains (take jackets, sun is out but wind is chilly)
* water water water
* Get plans ready for night class that starts this week

I have good news for the wiegh in thread as soon as it starts! Woo Hoo so I will go see if I can figure out how to change the ticker.
okiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:59 AM   #69  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

HI all... coming in on the end of the thread, as usual... well, it's official... I'm sick, but not so sick I can't try for a clean start tomorrow...erm *checks time* today, that is (I love Mondays... they're so...clean) Being sick, I haven't been eating a whole lot, but living off of things like toast and popcorn (two very weird comfort foods, I know) so who knows what damage I've inflicted on myself... but, I'm not going to dwell on it, moving forward, not hanging around worried about what I did wrong yesteday...
PNG 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #70  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

Dang it - wrong thread!
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 307/301/165

Today I will:
Walk for 45 minutes
Drink 8 glasses of water.
Eat my healthy breakfast and lunch and a decent dinner.
Good luck everyone.
patae is offline   Reply With Quote