Old 01-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #46  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yes Barbara it does count, in fact it double and triple counts because, ummm, I'm not sure why but it does.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #47  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Ew, Barbara! Occupational hazard...

Everybody is welcome! We've found that making new commitments every day can be effective in staying focused. Also, please feel free to post all over the 100 lb. Club. It's a great bunch of people-- very supportive!

And you're another tall girl! I'm 6 ft. So is PNG. I notice a lot of women who are 5'9" and up here. Maybe it just catches my eye to see so many who are tall like me, but it seems like a disporportionate number compared to how many of us there are in the general population. I'm not a scientist, but I feel like there's a hypothesis in there somewhere just waiting to be investigated!

Anyway, welcome!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:06 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5 feet 1 inch (in shoes)

Barbara, that is one reason (of many) I went from teaching first to sixth. I have only had one actually be sick in my class in the last 2 years and he made it to the trash can woo hoo! Of course I didn't quite know what a hormone rollercoster I was getting on when I signed up for middle school, but I love them all the same.

Guess what, I did it, yeah! I got on that nasty treadmill. I am still shaky and some of the muscles I haven't used in a while are weak from exhaustion but I did it.
I haven't measured yet, but that is next after one more glass of water.

Commitments for tomorrow:
(I have duty in the morning and don't know if I will get to post)
*eat healthy within calories
*water water water (this is finally getting easier)
*keep my racquetball date with my friend
okiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 AM   #49  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I give all you teacher soooo much credit!!! Not an easy thing you do and so incredibly important. I guess every age group has their own set of problems.

Okie WTG on the treadmill

I had a partially commited day yesterday. But at least I wasn't commited into an insane asylum. Kids made me CRAZY, all 3 of um, with very teenager-y problems . And hubby was no great shakes either. At least I didn't turn to food, in fact found getting almost anything down me difficult. But I didn't turn to exercise either, or water. Whatever.

Today I'd like to;

-Not strangle anybody
-Drink lots
-Eat well, including no nibbling
-Exercise, exercise, exercise or at least just one of um
-Remember that I want to be fit and healthy more then I want the food.

Have a good day everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:56 AM   #50  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone! I love reading the progress we are all making on this weight loss journey! Welcome, Barbara. I'm glad you decided to join us. This thread does help me to stay focused each day. I hope it can do the same for you.

PNG2 and NESunshine, I hope you ladies get to feeling better soon. I had the flu last weekend and I can definitely empathize with the two of you.
Okie Chick - Good job with the treadmill yesterday. I walked for 40 minutes yesterday and I had the 'rubbery leg syndrome' too...and I was achey all over yesterday afternoon and evening.
Mawhit - I'm not sure about moon cycles and such, but I am definitely not feeling 100% this morning. The first week of Southbeach is always rough. Withdrawing from years of a sugar addiction is no easy thing to get through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today's commitments...
1) Water, water, water - going for the 8 glasses again.
2) NO SUGAR!! - the whole point of Southbeach is to break the addiction.
3) Walk for an hour.
Did great on yesterdays commitments Drank all of my water, had no added sugar and walked for 40 minutes. I didnt walk for 60 mins, but I believe I was overly optimistic...I havent worked out in well over 2 years. I've decided to stick with 40 mins for now.

Today's commitments -
1) Keep drinking the water and stay away from the sugar.
2) Get intentional exercise - either WATP or go out for 40 min walk.
3) Going out to dinner for Stepmom's birthday. This is a first for me on the diet, and probably my biggest ever challenge when dieting. I commit to deciding what I will order before we leave for the restaurant and bypassing the breadbasket and the wine....and, no dessert.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #51  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

I didn't walk at lunch yesterday because work was a bit crazy (but I did go to the gym last night). I'll try to get out there today, but rain is threatening. I'm trying to figure out how to get to the gym before picking up my kids from daycare, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do it. I did, however, get up this morning and do crunches, so it won't be a total waste exercise-wise anyway!

I'm retaining a bit of fluid today (actually I think it's because it's SO incredibly HUMID this morning) so I'm going to up my water intake a bit and see if I can get the swelling out of my fingers.

My commitments:
- Drink at least 150 ounces of water
- Clean and store properly all of the produce my husband bought yesterday
- Eat all of my veggies at supper
- Walk if it isn't raining

And if I'm not putting out fires all day today...
- Get the project that I'm working on finished by 2 pm so I can leave work and go to the gym!
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #52  
Barbara

S/C/G: 272/260/170

Thanks to all for your welcome!

GirlyGirl -- I'm doing the SBD, too -- the no sugar thing is hard for me because that's my Waterloo. I did it last winter -- and after the first week, my brain was so clear! I wondered how I had been able to even think. And after 2 weeks, fruit was SO DELICIOUS again -- who even wanted Hershey kisses if you could have fresh oranges??? That's my goal for this week. Make it through and have a brain refreshening.

I'll worry about exercise goals after this two weeks.

By the way, y'all -- I had 3 kids out sick yesterday. I've never had this many out at one time. By fourth grade, most kids are washing their hands, etc., but I have a lot of oldest siblings in my class -- maybe their youngers are sick, too.

Hope y'all have a great day today!! Barbara
Mississippi Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning Everyone! Welcome welcome to all the newcomers! I'm feeling ok today still...sorta the way I've been the past couple of days...not really sick but achy and tired. I'm not sure what it is but as I said before I'm pretty stubborn and have not time or patience for sickness. I've skipped the gym the past 2 days so i could get to bed early but it seems that no amount of rest can get me off this tired train so its back to the gym I go. Yesterday went well...I stuck to real good eating all day and did not smoke at all. I had 2 cigarettes left (which I'm just not ready to part with) but I left them in my desk and resisted the urge to go to the store last night. I was fine all day and didn't hit a craving until last night but I pushed through it...which led me to a late night toast 'binge'.... well it wasn't exactly a binge per se, I mean it was literally 1 serving....but it could have easily turned into one...as I was standing in my kitchen in the dark at 11:00PM not bothering to even chew first. Though I managed to stop myself I have to own up to it so I can keep it from happening again.

The city is really buzzing today and everything is real exciting here.... I'm really into following politics and Massachusetts has just had an extremely historical election (first democratic governor in like 16 years, first African American governor in the state, second in the nation.... not to mention finally getting to shovel out Mitt Romney who has done nothing but damage....and watch out cause he's running for president in 08) and with the inauguration ceremony its even more historic.... sorry for the brief rant but I really get into politics.....anyway all this excitement is my motivation to go to the gym today cause I know I'm gonna stay up and watch the news and see how all the newly elected officials spent their first day.... I may as well be burning calories while I watch!

Anyway... for today...
1. Stick to plan
2. go day 2 with no smokes
3. its Friday...resist all urges to stop at the store for the weekend bottle of wine!
4. Get my political fix at the gym
5. do whatever I need to do to avoid any late night binges....food is not a placeholder for cigarettes
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Good job everyone!! TGIF!!! I am still buzzing after my first weigh in (down 6 pounds!!) I am looking forward to the weekend. Still working on getting the house organized here (to fit with my new lifestyle changes!) Soo, my commitments are going along with that ~

1. Learn to use my NEW MP-3/Pedometer today!! (yea me!!)
2. Clean out the next cupboard in line
3. Continue with the water intake and eating when hungry (IT WORKS!!)
4. Thank all of you for being such an inspiration to me
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #55  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Bit of an emotional day yesterday. I walked a bit for work and lifted my handweights for a while, so I'm going to give myself some credit for exercise, but it was not what I intended.

I'll be back tomorrow. Stay strong, everybody.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #56  

Height: 5'7"

Mrs Quadcrew, congrats on your loss!

CC--I hope you feel ebtter soon.

I'm keepin' on keepin' on over here and am pleased with the changes I'm making and the goals I'm meeting.
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:19 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5 feet 1 inch (in shoes)

Played Racketball for the first time since Thanksgiving and had a blast. Yeah! I went to the Y with my friend and we played for an hour. My arm was jello when I was finished, but I am so glad I went. We set up another time for next week. We burn more calories laughing at our goofs than playing with any kind of skill. My legs are still deciding wether or not to disown me. The treadmill they handled fine, the bursts of running and dodging in racketball, not so much!
Tomorrow is finally Saturday. The first day without work or something major planned to distract me.
Goals for tomorrow:
*Stay busy, organize and put away all of the last Christmas things laying around.
*Spend at least an hour on the boards catching up on what I have missed
*Eat a healthy filling breakfast and make lunch and dinner my light meals.
*Another round on the treadmill (rather like a hamster in a wheel...round and round she goes, but doesn't get anywhere!)
Congrats to everyone for setting and keeping lifechanging goals that will help the outside you better reflect the person you know you are on the inside!
okiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:10 AM   #58  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

I am still swollen today, even after drinking 160 or so ounces of water. I even got a semi-normal amount of sleep last night. Oh well. It's not causing fluctuations in the scale, just my ability to be able to wear the ring that my kids got me for Christmas!

- Drink lots of water
- GO TO THE GYM (they have child care from 9-12 today, so I'll get that done early)
- No grazing. Try to limit the kids' grazing.
- Eat B, L, D, and 2 snacks. I NEED the calories!
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

good morning
Happy Saturday! I did ok yesterday...late night binge free...but I did have cigarette .... at least 1 isn't 12 though. So far I've got none to smoke so I all I have to do is not buy any...and its rainy out so who wants to go to the store. I'm having a slow start to my day.... I mean really doesn't everyone want to stay in bed a bit on a rainy Saturday morning! I got up and made a healthy breakfast and some strong black coffee and enjoyed it in bed hanging out with my cat.
I'll make it out of bed within the hour!
For today
1. time to buy a few groceries! Try to come up with some new things to take to work for lunch...I'm starting to be eating the same thing every day and I gotta do something about that so I don't get bored!
2. go to the gym
3. 1600 calories and lots of water
4. laundry, vacuum, mop
5. get started painting and sealing the inside of my kitchen cabinets
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #60  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone,

Mrs Quadcrew - Congratulations again on the first weight loss! I'm hoping for some good results on my "official" weight loss on Monday.
CC - Hope you're feeling better today.
108tolose - I understand about the treadmill. I've been walking around the block, but it won't be long until the heat and humidity start and I'll have to head to the Y each day. I've found that some really good music on my MP3 and increasing/decreasing the incline and speed help to keep me from getting bored.
NESunshine - I've talked about this in another thread on the support forum...I used to smoke 1-1 1/2 packs a day and I quit in October 05. I understand your struggle and I'm here for you if you need some encouragement, support...or just need to vent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today's commitments -
1) Keep drinking the water and stay away from the sugar.
2) Get intentional exercise - either WATP or go out for 40 min walk.
3) Going out to dinner for Stepmom's birthday. This is a first for me on the diet, and probably my biggest ever challenge when dieting. I commit to deciding what I will order before we leave for the restaurant and bypassing the breadbasket and the wine....and, no dessert.
Did so-so on yesterday's commitments. Didnt drink 8 glasses of water..only 3 or 4..why is drinking the water so hard to do?...and did have sugar in one cup of coffee yesterday afternoon. I made the mistake of getting on the scales and not seeing a weight loss. I was discouraged and "pampered" myself with a sugared cup of coffee. I guess I could have done worse, but I wish I wouldnt have had the sugar. I did go for my 40 minute walk. I was able to post an NSV on the thread that I stayed on-plan at the restaurant. This is a BIG victory for me. I've never done this before!

Today's commitments -
1) Water, water, water - at least 8 glasses
2) No sugar!
3) WATP dvd - 3 mile workout
4) Have another birthday party. This one is for my nephew. I'm sure there will be cake and ice cream...maybe even pizza, chips & dip etc. I plan on eating before we go and concentrating on socializing while bypassing the food.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote