Walk a mile, increasing pace on the hill
Get to bed before midnight
Failed I didn't get to bed until 2 a.m. and had to get up at 5:30

January 4:
Follow Sonoma
Drink 100 ounces of water
Walk a mile, increasing pace on the hill
Get to bed before 1 a.m.
Failed I didn't make it to bed by 1 a.m.

January 5:
Follow Sonoma
Drink 100 ounces of water
Walk a mile, continuing fast pace up the hill
Met Goals

Last edited by PattyW; 01-05-2007 at 10:28 PM. Reason: update
PattyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #32  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

OK, I'm having a really hard time motivating today... meh, I'm doing ok on food and water today...could have had less coffee...lol. I haven't done more than a few bellydance isolations while doing the dishes, exercise wise... I seem to have totally lost my mojo :|

Goals: Eat a good healthy dinner, and nothing after... (since I'm so late getting in here...)

Get in at least 30 minutes of SOME kind of movement.

Plan better for tomorrow!

I'll also try to post better tomorrow, i'm just... meh today
PNG 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

PNG - I hope you feel better tomorrow. I hate it when I have those kind of days.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #34  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

CLCSC145--Hurray for breaking the 280's. That is awesome!

Met my goals for today already. Just got back from the gym. Walked for 30 mins. and did some weights. Feels pretty good.

Going to go ahead and set my goals for tomorrow. Might not have time in mornings.

My commitments:
>Keep drinking the water.
>Try to get some snacks in. I'm busy at work, but I can do it.
>Go to gym.
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #35  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today's commitments - still no sugar, plus....
1) Drink at least 8 glasses of water
2) Walk for one hour
3) Schedule full physical for myself and hubby.

Also, I have to STAY OFF THE SCALES!!!
Did so-so on yesterday's commitments...Did schedule physicals for myself and my hubby and did the 3 mile on Walk Away the Pounds DVD. Didn't drink 8 glasses of water..drank about 4. Also, had 2 cups of coffee yesterday afternoon with sugar. Had a terrible headache and couldnt get my work done...thought the headache might be from sugar/carb withdrawal on my Southbeach...sure enough, drank the sugared coffee and headache went away...probably would have worked just as well with only one cup.

Today's commitments...
1) Water, water, water - going for the 8 glasses again.
2) NO SUGAR!! - the whole point of Southbeach is to break the addiction.
3) Walk for an hour.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:22 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5 feet 1 inch (in shoes)

Well, yesterday was my first day back to work. I was so exhusted by the end of the day the thought of the treadmill about did me in. I wanted to start snacking about 8:30 so I went to bed instead and set my alarm for early thinking I would get on the treadmill in the morning. Sigh, nope, didn't happen. I remember when I was addicted to working out. I loved it. Why is it so hard now? I think I am just disappointed in myself for having to start over. I came so far and I am back at square one. But I promise myself and you that I will be on that treadmill today, maybe I will make it to square two!

Commitments today:
* water water water
* positive statements only about my come back
* 5 fruits and veggies/ stay within calorie limits
* GET ON THAT TREADMILL

Have an awesome on track day today!
okiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #37  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning to all you commited ones!!!!!

Girlygirl - HANG IN THERE. Breaking that sugar habit is difficult, but absolutely doable and so very worth it. You will be amazed how you won't even crave the evil stuff in a very short while.

Had a good day yesterday. Stuck to my commitments.
On to today, wow this week is really flying. Today I'd like to:

-Eat well
-Drink well
-Exercise lots (and lots)
-No nibbling
-Remember that I want to be healthy and fit more then I want the food

Have a great day everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #38  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

I met all of mine yesterday, including the walk at lunch! Today is pay day and I can't wait to have a salad.

Today's commitments:
Walk at lunch if it's not raining
Go to the gym
Eat right
120 ounces of water
Take that dang vitamin when I get home - WHY can't I remember it in the morning?
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Did great with yesterdays, unfortuanately I have more cupboards than time!! So I will still be working on that one today. Great job everyone!! 108 - I just love a nice big salad!! Wish I was there to get one too.

Today:

1. clean another cupboard out
2. walk my 30 minutes
3. Order a new cookbook for my new lifestyle
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:16 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Mornin all,
Well I did ok yesterday food wise. I decided to skip the gym as I woke up feeling under the weather yesterday, so I went home made some dinner, a light lunch for today and went to bed. I woke up this morning with that 'you're gonna be full blown sick in the next 24 hours' tickle in the back of my throat/nose and the one eye twitch. So I got up, still tired and achy, showered, had my healthy breakfast, then had that 20 minutes of I feel ok. Now I'm at work and my eyes have that burning feeling, I have a developing sniffle in my right nostril and some basic muscle aches. I think we all know what that means.... I'm gonna look like I have the motaba virus (remember that movie 'Outbreak') by tomorrow morning. If its just a cold I can handle it and shake it off in a week or two but what scares me is that I have muscle aches (which I thought might have been caused by upping the intensity at the gym, but now I'm not sure) and yesterdays wave of nausea which usually points towards some sort of flu...

I am stubborn and don't have time in my day to be sick so I'm going to get some good old homeopathic remedies (surprising for someone who drinks and smokes and parties as much as I have that I'm not into drugs....not even cold drugs) Anyway I'm going to keep it easy today as to not push my body into super-sickness...cause I don't get sick often but when I do its usually pretty bad.

1. Drink some green tea

2. No Smoking...it always makes you sicker....and I really just should quit anyway, doesn't really mesh well with my getting healthy vibe which I've been sticking to real well. My main triggers for cigarettes are boredom and alcohol anyways...same triggers as food and I haven't been drinking...and from someone who was pushing the limit on being a full blown alcoholic getting to the point where I don't think about it or feel like I need it is HUGE.....and I'll just have to keep myself busy and not get bored!

3. If I'm not swarming with germs try to get to the gym today in case I'm too sick to go this weekend.

4. Post my first NSV.....despite my impending illness I do have my first noticed NSV to post in that thread and no flu is gonna get me down!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5 feet 1 inch (in shoes)

Ok, I have to add one more commitment for today.....
I will go home and measure my inches. I have been avoiding this part. I don't know why, but this part bothers me more than the scale.

I always wait until I see a difference before I measure and wonder what the numbers were when I really started. Not this time.
okiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #42  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Good morning all!

The exercise thing didn't happy (she says sheepishly). I have some exuses, but I won't make them. I didn't do it. Food and water went well. So I'm back to my one and only commitment for the day:

Exercise

That's the only one! So do it !

Glad to see folks are doing well. Sunshine, I'm sorry you're getting sick!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #43  

Height: 5'7"

Met yesterday's goals. My only goal for today is to stay within my target calorie range. Exercise will be a bonus, but isn't planned, since this is the first day of my moon time and I'm feeling a bit run down.
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #44  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Meh, the exercise didn't happen for me yesterday and today isn't looking good either... I think I'm seriously on my way to being sick... I'm feeling SO sluggish and drained :| Food's been ok, not too bad, and about to have a healthy dinner of tilapia and stir fry veggies...

*repeats to self* I'll get it back... I'll get it back!
PNG 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #45  
Barbara

S/C/G: 272/260/170

Height: 5'10"

Hope you don't mind that I hop in and join you.
PNG, I hope you are feeling better by now. Being sick can take all the fun out of everything that's for sure!

I've been reading and listening to all of you for a little while, and hope I can join you, too. As you can see, I am no mini-mite -- I also have healthy-eating-commitment-issues. Although my husband would say I have exercise issues.

But, hey! I got lots of exercise at school yesterday. One of my girls threw up on my feet -- and I jumped way back. Then I ran her down to the bathroom (after the fact of course), jogged back to the room to call the nurse, and vibrated with worry the rest of the day that I would be sick today. Does all that count?

Barbara
Mississippi Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote