New here

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi All,

I found this web site a few weeks ago and now I am finally joining! I have been over weight my whole life and have been on just about every diet there is. I am turning 30 in 7 months and have decided that I will lose weight for that.

I think after a million diets I have found what I was missing all along. 1) finding a life style I can live with, 2) finding support both online and in person.

On 12/5/06, I decided to become a vegetarian. I am not a big meat person anyway (which made the 10 times I have done Atkins seem funny!) and have been a veggie a few times before. I have found many products that I can use for meat to give me some variety which is great. I also hired a personal trainer. She comes to my house 2 days a week and I bought all the needed equipment. I am determined this time. I have told everyone I know about my life style change so I can have accountability.

Since last week I 12/5 I have lost 6 lbs. I still need to lose a bunch more but I am on my way!!
  • Jenn, Welcome!! It sounds like you've made a great start, and you're completely right, it's all about finding something that you can live with. Jump right in, post often and let us get to know you better.

• Welcome, Jenn!
  • Hello and welcome. This is indeed a great place for advice, encouragement and support. Glad to have you on board!!!!
  • Welcome to the forum Jenn! It looks like you are off to an excellent start. I hope to see more posts from you.

Melissa

• We're glad to have you!! Being new, be sure to check out this thread.

Congrats on the 6 lbs!!!

Look forward to hearing more from you!!
  • WELCOME! You have gotten off to a great start!
    This is a great site for information and encouragment. I've only been a member for a couple of weeks and now I don't know what I would do without it. It deffinately keeps me going! I hope it does the same for you
  • Welcome jenn, and congrats on all you've done so far

I love this place, because I am all about support and accountability, and we have plenty of that around here

We were vegan for a few years, and still eat vegan meals quite a bit, matter of fact, today, my lunch is Boca Italian sausage, good stuff

Anyway, welcome again, and hope to see you around here often
  • Thanks for all the support!!!
  • Welcome Jenn!! Congrats on what you've done so far. You are doing a good thing for yourself.
  • Welcome Jenn, looks like your on the right track!! Keep on doing what your doin girl.
  • Hi Jenn!

Welcome!

You are SO right about the importance of support AND the value of finding a plan that works FOR YOU!

This site has so much to offer of BOTH of the things that you need, so read a lot and post a lot. Above all, trust in yourself to make good choices that will get you on your way to where you want to be.

Cheryl

• What a great start! Glad you're here.
  • Welcome and on becoming a vegetarian, from one veggie gal to another!
  • Welcome!!! It sounds like you're off to a great start!!