Tossin and Turnin

I hit the bed just after 9:30 last night. Fully intended to get a long, restful sleep. Guess it wasn’t to be. I was so tired, I fell asleep immediately but woke up at 11:30 burning up. Forgot to turn the air conditioning down. Fell asleep again and DH woke me up at 1:00 because the electricity was out. It came back on about 30 minutes later (just after we’d given up and found the battery operated alarms and gotten them set). Woke up at 3:30 because DH was getting ready for work and was making a racket. He and I both were worried about oversleeping to the point where we didn’t get much sleep at all. I finally dozed off again and the damn battery operated alarm he’d set as a backup started screeching at 4:00 and he was in the shower. I couldn’t figure out how to turn it off and had to get up, turn on the lights, and get my glasses before I could get it to shut up. Of course, I get up at 5:00 anyway. Not what I would call a restful night. I don’t know why the electricity went out. I’m getting tired of resetting the microwave, the coffeemaker, and all the clocks and alarms.

I took my coffee out to the spa and had a soak. Things are transitioning. The trees are a little spare, the patio was crunchy with fallen leaves, and it was a little cool. Still not fall but it’s in the air.

I shouldn’t have worried about making my calories yesterday. I went over by about 300. Will do better today.

Have a good one, girls!

4:30 – Another hectic day. Last week, we were testing grades 6-12 on Wednesday and Thursday. I was supposed to test a group of 9th graders. Not really a test…freshmen are required to complete an Individual Learning Plan which is on line and takes about 4 hours. They do this while other grades are testing. Since we missed school all last week, they rescheduled testing and emailed me to tell me it would be today and tomorrow. I had to leave my room and go to another room to meet with the kids at the alloted time. The teacher in charge of managing the ILPs was supposed to have met with all of them and made sure they knew their usernames and passwords. As we began testing, I discovered that several of my students were not able to log on using their usernames and passwords. I’m one of only a few individuals in our school district who has the rights to go on-line and change usernames and passwords so it wasn’t a problem for my kids. It was, however, a problem for all the other teachers trying to work with freshmen on ILPs. Pretty soon my phone was ringing off the hook with teachers trying to get me to reset usernames and passwords. It rang so much that I finally had to take it off the hook so I could work with the kids assigned to me. I’m not kidding, it was ringing about every three minutes. As soon as I took it off the hook, teachers started sending kids to the room where I was testing to have me reset their usernames and passwords. I spend the entire time with a line of kids outside the door that went all the way down the hall letting them in the room one at a time so they wouldn’t disturb my students and then sending them back to their testing sites.  To top it all off, the AP comes down to my room about an hour into testing and says, “Pat, all your students are in your room.  There’s no one with them.”  I said, “Why aren’t they in testing?” and he tells me that middle school is going to test on Thursday and Friday and this particular group of my students happen to be 8th graders.  How the Hell am I supposed to know that?  I work with the high school and have this one little group of middle schoolers that I teach.  He apologized and they sent someone to cover my class.  It’s really not anyone’s fault.  After being out of school all last week, everything had to be reorganized (?) very quickly and there were a lot of snags and miscommunications.  Because I’m technically a high school teacher, no one informed me of the changes to the testing schedule for the middle schoolers.  Hopefully, tomorrow will go better.  This is the first time I’ve tested kids because they usually need me to be available to trouble shoot.  I told them I was afraid we’d run into problems and I wouldn’t be available if I was testing a group of kids.  Now we know…I can’t teach a class, troubleshoot for the entire school, and test a group of kids all at the same time.  Only two hands and half a head, folks.  Make up your minds about what you want me to do.

DH surprised me by picking up some baked chicken from Kroger so I can have that for dinner along with some steamed cabbage.  Sounds good and I’m goin for it!


Joy says 23rd September @ 6:49

That is too bad that you had such a rough night NOTsleeping. I hate when I have those. At least it is behind you and maybe with enough coffee you can re-charge to a degree. I hope that you have a wonderful day. Dont worry about the 300. At least for the most part it was healthy stuff. I have to eat more fish like you do. I just am at a loss on how to cook it! LOL
Take care

eryn76 says 23rd September @ 7:07

Ugh, I hate nights like that. But hey… you got to go soak in the spa this morning?! JEALOUS!!

Joy says 23rd September @ 18:31

Man did you have one long day. You deserve to rest and relax tonight thats for sure!
I am going to try the fish recipes that you sent. We have a WalMart pretty close to us. I will look for the fish. I cant wait to try it.
Thanks again

ps I promise no more skipping breakfast

Your Comments

You must be logged in,to post a comment.