With all the different diet plans available today, the choices can be overwhelming. The statement, “Diet and love the food you eat” should be easy enough for just about anyone to understand, and yet when it comes to the word “diet,” people tend to put eating into another category. It comes as no surprise that almost 90% of dieters regain the weight they lose in less than a year. Adapting a diet plan and sticking with it is one thing, but having to maintain the weight loss by following the same plan for life is quite another.
Why not choose the diet plan that allows for the foods you love and are already accustomed to? Instead, many people let the choice of food and various diet techniques dictate the way in which they live. Choosing a diet plan with unfamiliar food choices and specification requirements often sets the plan up for failure before it can be put into action. Therefore, it is important to consider all the facts about diet and nutrition, including healthy food choices, prior to making a decision.
8 Factors to Consider for a Healthier Lifestyle
Before you decide to embark on a weight loss journey, familiarize yourself with the following 8 factors that contribute to a healthy lifestyle:
- Caloric or energy requirement levels directly impact the success of any nutritional diet plan.
- Exercise and workout activities should be incorporated into the plan.
- Strength training tones muscle and protects the joints.
- Vitamins and supplements may be added if food intake does not meet all nutritional requirements.
- Sleep patterns need to be consistent.
- Stress, work environment, depression, disease, social habits, and time constraints all affect weight management.
- Healthy food choices produce effective weight loss results.
- Diet and love the food you eat to obtain long lasting results.
5 Foods Options to Consider
No matter what approach you take to weight loss, you should incorporate the following food groups into your eating regimen:
- Protein: Choose leaner meats, poultry and fish, eggs, dried peas, beans, lentils, and peanut butter.
- Grains: Choose whole grain breads, whole wheat tortillas, brown rice, cereals, barley, and whole wheat pasta.
- Vegetables & Fruits: Choose from a variety of vegetables.
- Milk Products: Choose lower fat milk products.
- Essential Fatty Acids: nuts, walnuts, olive, olive oil, soybean, flax seed, and wheat germ.
6 Diet Plan Options
The plans listed below are inclusive of optimum food choices that would allow for adequate nutrition. Healthy carbohydrates are incorporated, and the plans allow for added vegetables. Some of the plans may require an increase in the caloric intake, required to increase metabolism. It would be advisable to calculate energy and caloric requirements of each plan, along with the given food choices.
- Weight Watchers
- Curves Weight Management Plan
- Body For Life
- Jenny Craig
- South Beach Diet
Life is hectic and there are so many outside influences that affect our lives. Nevertheless, healthy weight management should be a priority for everyone. By choosing the food you love, the exercise methods that work in your time schedule, and controlling caloric intake, you can create a diet that will produce favorable results. In theory, it is not a diet, but rather a choice that will enable you to succeed on your journey.