For the large portion of people who are dissatisfied with their weight and are looking for the ideal weight loss plan, a low carbohydrate vegetarian diet could just be the right answer. Unlike a number of no-carb fad diets that fill up your body with excess fats and protein, a low carbohydrate vegetarian diet will assist in weight loss by helping you keep a tight check on your cravings.
What an Ideal Low Carbohydrate Diet Plan Should Look Like
With recent studies revealing that vegetarian diets reduce the risk of diseases like cancer and Alzheimer’s, more and more people are switching to juicy fresh fruits and fiber rich vegetables.Â Besides assisting you with your weight loss efforts, these food groups are also rich sources of anti-oxidants that can help you retain a glowing complexion.
In these plans, proteins should form 30% of the food intake and can be taken in the form of pulses and legumes, peas, soy proteins, and tofu. Nuts like almonds, pecans, and walnuts should also be consumed in moderation. In fact, a handful of roasted nuts are one of the best low carb snacks.
Other important constituents of low carb diet plans should be low carbohydrate vegetables like lettuce, spinach, and other leafy vegetables. Almost all kind of fruits are acceptable, except mangoes and banana. The diet should also include healthy servings of whole grain products and brown rice. Some people also consider eggs as a part of low carbohydrate vegetarian diet, and you could have 2-3 eggs in a day.
And for those with a sweet tooth, you can have your dessert and eat it too in the form of fruit, yogurts, and high quality sugar-free dark chocolates.
How to Create a Low Carbohydrate Vegetarian Diet Plan
It is a general, but baseless notion, that you cannot have tasty menu options for a low carbohydrate vegetarian diet. Here is one sample menu for the people looking to start on a low carbohydrate vegetarian diet plan:
- 1 cup skim milk/organic soy milk
- Â½ cup whole grain cereals like organic oats
- About 2 tbsp of chopped walnuts or almond shavings to be added to cereal
- 1 sachet of sugar substitute to add to beverages.
- 1 orange or half grape fruit
- A large vegetable salad prepared using lettuce, carrot shavings, cherry tomatoes, red, green and yellow peppers, fresh peas, cucumber, and any other vegetable of your liking.
- Marinate the salad using 2-3 tbsp or cheddar cheese or tofu
- You can even use 2-3 tbsp of any low carb dressing
- For dessert 0.6 – 0.7 oz dark chocolate which contains 70-80% cocoa.
- Â½ cupÂ brown rice
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 2-3 servings of green vegetable cooked in about 1-2 tbsp of oil
- Dessert could be an apple with a teaspoon of peanut butter or again 0.6-0.7oz of dark chocolates.
While on a low carbohydrate vegetarian diet, you could snack on a handful of nuts, a cup of fruit yogurt, or any fresh fruit like orange, a bowl of papaya, or 1 slice of any melon.
A low carbohydrate vegetarian diet can help you shed off those extra kilos and bless you with youthful looking skin. The result – a healthier, younger you.