A high intensity workout that burns fat quickly is cardio kickboxing. This fast paced, action packed exercise regimen can burn up to 450 calories per hour.¬† Cardio kickboxing is a¬†combination of martial arts, boxing and aerobics in one fun class. This type of dynamic exercise can whip anyone into shape fast. ¬†Here are some do’s and don’t’s for the beginning kickboxer.
- Do start with the beginner workout. This can help you learn the moves correctly. By learning the proper technique, there is a smaller chance for injury. If you learn cardio kickboxing at a gym, studio, or fitness center, they will have all of the equipment. You will not need to buy anything.
- Do drink plenty of water before, during and after the workout. Stay hydrated. Try to drink half of your body weight in water ounces per day. Maintaining a proper hydration will help your body work more efficiently.
- Do make sure you stretch before the workout. Stretching and warming up are good ways to prevent injuries and muscle soreness.
- Do wear good quality shoes. Because this workout involves a lot¬†of kicking and moving around, you need good support for¬†your body. Shoes that are higher on the ankle are ideal because they give the ankle area more support.
- Do release stress. Kickboxing is a great way to get out all of that frustration and stress from the week. Punch and kick it away!
- Don’t exercise beyond what you can handle. Kickboxing is a high intensity workout. Do not feel pressured to complete an entire hour long class initially. Make your workout goal to get up to that amount of time.
- Don’t overextend or lock your kicks or punches into any position. Locking into a position can create problems with your joints.
- Don’t forget to warm up or cool down. Doing a slow warm up gets those muscles ready for the fight. In a class, they typically incorporate a warm up at the beginning of the class and cool down at the end of the workout. These usually last a few minutes but they are extremely beneficial to the muscles.
- Don’t overtrain. Overexertion can cause many problems. If you are completing a workout and cannot breath, take a few minutes to rest. Do not be afraid to stop and get a drink of water. You should be able to carry on a conversation during this exercise. If you are not able to, then you are training too hard. Slow the pace.
- Don’t forget to take a rest day.¬† You should not do this type of workout every day. A few days a week are best. Your muscles have worked hard and they deserve a day to repair and rest. Initially start kickboxing one to two days per week. Do not overdo it.
Cardio kickboxing is a wonderful workout.¬† It burns fat and calories fast.¬† It tones¬†the body quickly. ¬†One even learns some valuable moves for self defense. This fast paced, fun workout can be enjoyed by people of all ages and exercise ability. Give it a try! You’re body will be glad you did.