If you are following the Body Ecology Diet and need some new recipe ideas for lunch, here are some ideas for you.
Classic Turkey Burgers with a Sweet Mustard Sauce
This will make 4 burgers
Ingredients for the Turkey Burgers:
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or salted butter
Ingredients for the Mustard Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 to 10 drops Stevia liquid concentrate
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried
- To prepare the mustard sauce, with a wire whisk combine the Dijon mustard, dry mustard, Stevia and the apple cider vinegar in an average-sized bowl. After these ingredients are combined smooth slowly add the oil or oils, still whisking the sauce until it is well-combined. Then add the dill to the rest of the mixture. After you combine the sauce, place it into the refrigerator for approximately one hour.
- To start the burgers, combine the turkey and salt in a bowl and combine well. Then split the turkey into 4 equal patties.
- Warm the oil in a pan over medium heat. Place the patties into the pan and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until they are browned. Turn the burgers and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Make sure the are cooked completely through.
- Serve with Mustard sauce.
Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing to taste
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine turkey, onion, celery, and fresh tarragon. Lay out the lettuce leaves and place the turkey mixture inside. Then add dressing if desired. Roll the lettuce leaves up and enjoy.
Classic Turkey Salad
- 4 cups cooked turkey, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Vinaigrette
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and toss together, refrigerate.
Ingredients for Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 to 6 drops Stevia liquid concentrate
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- Combine everything but the xanthan gum, then after everything else is combined well add the xanthan gum if desired.
- Pour over the salad ingredients and enjoy.
Creamy Curry Carrot and Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed and diced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- In a deep pot add water, cauliflower and salt. Cook until soft. Then place part of the cauliflower and water into a blender and puree, then finish the rest of the cauliflower.
- Then in a large pot, saute onion with coconut oil and ghee until clear, add garlic and continue to saute. Do not over cook.
- In another pan boil the carrots until tender.
- Then combine cauliflower to sauteed ingredients. Then drain carrots and add with parsley.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired. Enjoy.