SUSTA is the latest addition to the sugar substitute parade. SUSTA is different because it is a natural sweetener that is high in fiber with minerals and nutrients added to it.
Why SUSTA Was Created
According to Michael McCarthy, Chief Executive Officer of NXT Nutritionals, makers and distributors of SUSTA, SUSTA was created because McCarthy had “always wondered why we can’t make a sweetener that is both low-calorie and has added health benefits”. McCarthy went on to say that “each packet is as sweet as two teaspoons of sugar and contains one gram of fiber, vitamin C and probiotics”. Apples were the inspiration for the invention of SUSTA.
Per the nutritional information panel on the package, the following are the ingredients in SUSTA:
- Natural Flavors
- Probiotic (Bacilus Coagulans)
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
- Cinnamon Extract
- Goji Berry Extract
- Bitter Melon Extract
- Grape Seed Extract
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine-HCL)
- Folic Acid
- Chromium (Chromium Cholride)
- Selenium (Sodium Solenta)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
SUSTA is specifically designed to help control blood sugar spiking and dangerous insulin reactions.
Explanation of Some Ingredients
- Inulin is a naturally occurring substance that comes from fibrous plants called fructans. Inulin is often used in processed foods because it can replace sugar, fat and flour and contribute fewer calories than the ingredients it replaces. Inulin also has health benefits including increasing calcium absorption while having little impact on blood sugar levels.
- Fructose is fruit sugar that is found in many foods.
- Probiotics are live microorganisms that are considered healthy for you to consume. Some of the health benefits that probiotics provide are lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, helping to improve immune functions, managing lactose intolerance and preventing colon cancer.
- Niacinamide, biotin and folic acid are members of the vitamin B family that help increase metabolism, support the immune system and maintain healthy muscle and skin tone.
- Chromium is a mineral that helps regulate metabolism.
- Selenium is an antioxidant that helps prevent cell damage from free radicals.
SUSTA Does Not Contain
SUSTA was created with allergy sufferers in mind. SUSTA does not contain any of the following ingredients:
Thanks to the lack of the above ingredients, SUSTA is considered safe for children and even pregnant women to consume. SUSTA is also marketed as an “all-natural, cholesterol-free, vegan and gluten-free product”
Health Benefits of SUSTA
Because of what SUSTA does and does not contain it provides the following health benefits:
- Supports digestive health by providing healthy bacteria to your system
- Supports immune health by providing soluble fiber that helps you make healthy digestive bacteria
- Has a low glycemic index so it will not make blood sugar fluctuate
- Helps in weight management because it increases metabolism
- Heart healthy because it keeps blood sugar levels even, provides needed vitamins and nutrients, and controls free radicals
- Supports bone and teeth health by speeding up absorption of vitamins and minerals
SUSTA is the latest addition to your possible sugar substitute choices. With added vitamins and minerals that provide health benefits and no artificial ingredients SUSTA may have a sweet future ahead.