Guayaki yerba mate (gwhy-ah-kee yerbah mah-tay) is fair trade tea that is produced by Guayaki, a California based company, which has taken yerba mate to a new level.
Origin of Guayaki Yerba Mate
The leaf from the yerba mate tree, which is primarily found in Paraguay, Brazil and Argentina, is prepared as a tea that Guayaki has packaged not only into a tea but into formulas that enhance the effects of the mate.
Purchasing Guayaki Yerba Mate
Guayaki’s products can be found in most health food stores in a 16 oz. glass bottle. They also offer loose tea, tea bags and energy shots.
Consuming Guayaki Yerba Mate
The fastest and easiest way to consume Guayaki yerba mate is by purchasing one of Guayaki’s bottled choices. Your options are Traditional, which is organically sweetened yerba mate, and Unsweetened, which has a nutty, grassy taste.
Below are the herbal infusion formulas (mixed with the yerba mate) that make Guayaki extra special. They offer the consumer a way to control her health by using impressively high doses of powerful, yet safe organic herbs.
- Pure Mind. Includes pomegranate juice, 600 mgs. of gingko biloba (an excellent herb for blood circulation, especially to the brain) and 600 mgs. of organic tulsi (a basil from India that helps cholesterol, blood pressure and fights colds).
- Pure Endurance. Packs 1000 mgs. of eleuthro root, aka ginseng.
- Pure Heart. Strengthens the heart with raspberry, hawthorn berry and yarrow root.
- Pure Passion. Mixes sweet passion fruit with brain-stimulating damiana and catuaba.
- Pure Empower-mint. Gives a nice spearmint-peppermint kick to the caffeine buzz. Nice in the morning.
Guayaki products score on the ORAC (oxygen radical absorption capacity) scale upwards of 10,000 units. That means that not only does it calmly wake you up, it also dumps a veritable army of free-radical destroyers into your system.