The Lifestyle Cut Diet: Sample Meal Plan

Created by Derek Charlebois together with Mark Lobliner and Chuck Rudolph Med, RD, The Lifestyle Cut Diet is a diet geared towards people who are keen on losing fat and keeping a lean physique.

Unlike some other diet programs, this diet claims to be more than a diet; it is a lifestyle. Instead of counting calories, dieters are instructed to count food servings. The menu plan on this diet is characterized by low carbohydrate intake and small, frequent meals. These help in promoting continuous metabolism.

Menu Planning Basics

With The Lifestyle Cut Diet, dieters should be following the meal plan 85 percent of the time. For the remaining 15 percent, dieters can pretty much decide what they want to eat. Of course, deciding what to eat has to be done intelligently. Eating five to six small meals a day is an important component of this diet. Skipping meals is not allowed. Consumption of good fats in every meal is also important. Some of the good fats are monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats. They are effective in lowering the risk of heart attack and stroke.

When making your own meal plan, take note of the recommended serving size. In general, 4 to 6 ounces of protein (lean), 10 to 20 grams of good fat and 1 to 2 cups of green vegetables should be consumed at every meal. In addition to this, people participating in this diet program should consume 2 to 3 pieces of fruit as part of the meals. Here is a sample meal plan for people who weigh about 180 lbs.

Breakfast

An omelet containing: 9 tablespoons of egg white (3 servings of protein), 2 whole eggs (equivalent to 2 servings of protein & 2 servings of fat), and 1 cup cooked mushroom and spinach
1 piece whole wheat toast (1 serving of carbohydrates)
3.5 ounces of blueberries (1 serving of carbohydrates)

Mid Morning Snack

1.5 scoops of Whey Protein Isolate (5 servings of protein)
2 tablespoons of peanut butter (equivalent to 2 servings of fat)
1 cup green beans
6.5 ounces of Grapefruit (1 serving of carbohydrates)

Lunch

5 ounces of chicken (covering the requirement for 5 servings of protein)
2/3 cup of brown rice (2 servings of carbohydrates)
1 cup of broccoli
15-20 pieces of almonds (equivalent to 2 servings of fat)

Mid Afternoon Snack

1.5 scoops of Whey Protein Isolate (for 5 servings of protein)
2 tablespoons of almond butter (equivalent to 2 servings of fat)
2 cups of raw celery (this may be dipped in the almond butter)
2.25 ounces of banana (1 serving of carbohydrates)

Dinner

5 ounces of grilled tuna (5 servings of protein)
3 ounces avocado with added salsa (equivalent to 3 servings of fat)
2 cups of lettuce

The Lifestyle Cut Diet is a free program that also includes serving breakdown (protein, carbohydrates and fats per meal) for three weight groups– less than 150 pounds, 150-200 pounds and more than 200 pounds. It also includes a list of recommended foods for easy nutrient selection and menu planning.

Share.

About Author

Posts By Sequoia