Anne Collins’ Vegetarian Diet for Life is a sensible eating plan that can help you lose weight and keep it off. For 25 years, Anne Collins has been helping people change their lives by helping them lose weight. She is a nutritionist and professional diet consultant.
The Diet for Life
Anne Collins’ Vegetarian Diet for Life is a 1,200 to 2,000 calorie per day eating plan that can help you lose weight gradually and safely. The diet is low-fat, goes easy on protein and provides a vast array of recipes so all you have to do is concentrate on being healthy and dropping unwanted pounds. This is an excellent plan for people who want to learn a new way of eating or for vegetarians who just want to make sure they’re getting a proper, balanced diet.
Why Go Vegetarian?
Experts in nutrition agree that for good health it’s important to eat at least five fruits and vegetables daily. Studies show a plant-based diet prevents illness such as cancer, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), stroke and diabetes. Recent research even suggests that eating healthy might slow the aging process.
The key to weight loss is often finding an eating plan that works for you. The Vegetarian Diet for Life provides you with all of the tools you need to lose weight and stay healthy. The diet is easy to follow, providing a sample menu plan, recipes that are delicious and uncomplicated to prepare and lists for shopping and for healthy snacking. There are 12 simple rules you are required to follow and these are designed to maximize your success.
1. Always make sure to eat three meals each day.
2. Follow the instructions for each meal and use common sense when substituting.
3. Include legumes, dark green vegetables, and seeds and nuts in your daily diet.
4. Use only small amounts of margarine.
5. When frying, use as little fat as possible, preferably only cooking spray.
6. Eat only low-fat dairy.
7. Consume no more than six egg yolks per week. Eat as many egg whites as you like.
8. Don’t let yourself get too hungry, since hunger is the main reason people quit dieting. Eat a sensible snack from the snacks list.
9. Avoid foods not listed in the diet plan.
10. Limit alcohol consumption
11. Take care when eating out.
12. Eat more if you’re male or breastfeeding.
7-Day Sample Menu
Breakfast: Fruit, yogurt, 2 wheat breakfast biscuits
Lunch: Baked potato, salad, fruit
Dinner: Sausage and bean casserole
Breakfast: English muffin, fruit, yogurt
Lunch: Veggie burger, salad
Dinner: Creamy pasta
Breakfast: Bagel, fruit, yogurt with walnuts
Lunch: Fat-free soup, whole-wheat roll, salad, fruit
Dinner: Mexican burritos
Breakfast: Scrambled egg with toast, fruit
Lunch: Grilled cheese, salad, fruit
Dinner: Pasta with tomato, salad
Breakfast: Cereal, fruit
Lunch: Egg salad on pita, salad, fruit
Dinner: Pizza, salad
Breakfast: Toast with jam, yogurt, fruit
Lunch: Salad with avocado
Dinner: BLT (Vegetarian bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich)
Breakfast: Pancakes, yogurt, fruit
Lunch: Pasta with tomatoes
Dinner: 10-Minute Bean Curry