The Six Week Body Makeover diet created by Michael Thurmond is a diet centered around not only losing weight, but achieving the specific body type you want. This is done with a blend of exercise, dietary adjustments, and spacing out meals so you're eating five or six smaller meals, as opposed to two or three large ones throughout your day. Michael Thurmond stresses the need to lower your salt intake with this diet. While this can make food pretty bland, there are plenty of things you can try for this diet to make even a low-salt meal plan taste good.
The Six Week Body Makeover diet is very personalized, tailored to your age, gender, and your body type. What you can eat greatly depends on what body type the diet plan places you into when you fill out its questionnaire.
- Type A: This body type tends to gain weight quickly if they aren't careful, but have a difficult time dropping the pounds, even with diet and exercise.
- Type B: B types are very similar to A types. The main difference being that B body types have a higher muscle tone, which assists in burning more calories, and thus making weight loss easier to achieve.
- Type C: These types are allowed more carbs and fruits, but have to cut back or eliminate red meat, such as beef, from their diet.
- Type D: Unlike many other types, D's are permitted a decent amount of red meat in their diets. This is because their body types are overweight, but lack a lot of muscle beneath the fat cells. Protein from red meat helps build this muscle. The type D menu often resembles those found in the Atkins diet.
Sample Menu Plan for Type B
Chicken and turkey breast can always be swapped for one another. Green vegetables can be traded for another green vegetable.
- Breakfast: 3/4 cup egg whites and 1/2 cup mixed berries.
- Mid-morning snack: 1 cup lettuce or spinach, 2 ounces of chicken breast.
- Lunch: 2 ounces of turkey breast, 1 cup green beans and 1/2 cup brown rice.
- Mid-afternoon snack: 1 cup peas, 3 ounces of tuna.
- Dinner: 2 ounces of chicken or turkey breast, 1/2 brown rice, 1 cup green beans.
Sample Menu Plan for Type C
Bananas are a good source of vitamins and help give an extra energy boost, helpful first thing in the morning or before a workout.
- Breakfast: 4 egg whites and 1/2 cup bananas.
- Mid-morning snack: 4 ounces of chicken breast and 1/2 cup carrots.
- Lunch: 1 cup of green beans, 4 ounces of turkey breast and 1 cup of white rice.
- Mid-afternoon snack: 1 cup asparagus, 4 ounces of fish.
- Dinner: 1/2 cup grapefruit, 4 ounces turkey or chicken breast.
The key to the Six Week Body Makeover is moderation and portion control in your meals, as well as staying away from the types of food your body type should not have. With all meal plans, the diet permits for an optional after-dinner snack, but it isn't required. Options for this snack is generally recommended to be ½ cup of fresh fruit, such as mixed berries. As with any dietary change, upping your daily water intake is always a good idea, too.