You may have seen a web site full of testimonials for the idiot proof diet, also known as fat loss 4 idiots diet. They claim you can lose 9 lbs. in 11 days. If you’re wondering if these claims can possibly be true, this guide is for you.
What Is the Idiot Proof Diet?
Provided online from a company called Internet Made Simple, the idiot proof diet offers some tips and meals plans to help you lose 9 lbs. every 11 days for the low cost of $27. The claims made by the idiot proof diet that you can trick your body by calorie shifting. The concept of calorie shifting is this. That the body judges how many calories it should burn by how many calories you ate and burned the previous day. By changing the number of calories you eat each day, the body is fooled into burning more calories than you burned the day before.
The idiot proof diet offers the following principles and guidelines to help you lose weight:
- Rotate the consumption of carbohydrates and proteins by eating one type for a few days, followed by the other type for a few more days.
- Eat four meals a day, separated by 2.5 hours each.
- Prepare your own meals to give you more control over what you eat.
- Eat carbohydrates for one meal, then protein for the next.
- Eat until you’re satisfied and don’t overeat.
- Drink only low calories beverages.
- Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water can help you burn more calories.
- Walk twice a day for 30 minutes each or once for 45 minutes.
- Avoid eating sugary foods.
- After your 11 days, you can trick your body by eating as much of whatever you like for 3 days before going back on a new idiot proof diet plan.
Will the Idiot Proof Diet Work for Weight Loss?
This diet is a scam. First off, the creator of this diet is never identified. Most effective diets are created by medical professionals and nutritionists, but we have no idea what the qualifications of this diets creator are. Secondly, there is absolutely no scientific evidence that calorie shifting will help you lose weight, nor that alternating carbohydrates and proteins will result in weight loss.
The diet plans provided by the idiot proof diet are random and bizarre, but they often come to about 1500 calories. Undoubtedly, you’ll lose weight eating such a low calorie content, but weight loss is likely to be temporary. In fact, once you finish the 11 days and begin eating whatever you want, you’ll gain just about every one of those pounds back.
The only effective way to lose weight and keep it off is to combine a balanced diet with plenty of activity and exercise. For diets, such as the idiot proof diet, which makes outrageous claims, they just don’t offer you the foundation you’ll need to lose weight and keep it off.